How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-04-2011
V.I.P.

The bag in the last set of pictures is Ralph Lauren unless you were just talking about the Coach bag in general.

Anyway, HQ (x6):

tlfan

24-04-2011
trendsetter

She's in such great shape!

24-04-2011
I don't know

And it keeps getting better! Kirsten is teaming up again with Sofia Coppola!

Quote:
The twitter account of American Zoetrope, the production company run by Sofia’s father Francis Ford Coppola, which has backed all four of her pictures, announced a few hours ago that Coppola’s got a new film in the works, entitled “Secret Door,” and that Kirsten Dunst, who starred in both “The Virgin Suicides” and “Marie Antoinette” for the director, has signed on to appear in the film. The exact tweet reads: “Happy to announce that Kirsten Dunst has agreed to be in Sofia Coppola‘s new film ‘Secret Door’. Script is still being finished. Stay tuned!”

There are no further details on the film at this stage—“Secret Door” doesn’t apply to any obvious existing property that she could be adapting (there’s an Enid Blyton book, and an Arctic Monkeys song, but a link with either is unlikely), and the only unmade Coppola project that we’re aware of was a “European vampire” tale derailed by the success of the “Twilight” series, so this would appear to be something entirely new.

It’s probably safe to speculate that the film could be set up at Focus, who’ve been behind Coppola’s last three films, while the title seems to suggest something genre-tinged, which at least promises something different from her ‘celebrity’ trilogy—but again, this is, at least at this stage, educated guesswork. With Coppola still writing away, this isn’t going to be moving forward immediately, even with the usual brevity of her scripts (“Somewhere” came in at a not-exactly-whopping 44 pages), but we’ll report more details as and when they appear.
source

I love it when they work together, they're such a perfect fit and I'm so excited for this!

Last edited by saann; 24-04-2011 at 11:26 AM.

24-04-2011
V.I.P.

Many directors seem to have a muse and Sofia's definitely seems to be Kiki! Great news!!

24-04-2011
V.I.P.

amazing news!!

24-04-2011
V.I.P.

great news! cant wait to hear more about this...!

They were leafing through your hair

24-04-2011
trendsetter

Another vampire movie - yes!

glogster.com

24-04-2011
V.I.P.

omg, that's wonderful news! sofia & kiki together again after such a long time - i'm so excited!

24-04-2011
V.I.P.

Woohoo!

24-04-2011
Vogue Paris Intern

I hadn't seen the ad yet. It's quite cheesy

25-04-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Nobody makes Kirsten look more beautiful on screen than Sofia, thrilled to hear the news!

25-04-2011
tFS STAFF

Front page on tFS today: Kirsten Dunst and Sophia Coppola Set to Reunite (Forum Buzz)

25-04-2011
Vogue Paris Intern

Can't wait to see these two beauties back together!
corbis - first posted by Marjanthelion

25-04-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Bummer, the movie rumor is false

Quote:
‘Secret Door’ With Sofia Coppola & Kirsten Dunst Doesn’t Even Exist

Well, that was fun while it lasted. As you no doubt heard over the Easter weekend, the blogosphere lit up when a Twitter account supposedly belonging to Francis Ford Coppola‘s production company American Zoetrope tweeted, “Happy to announce that Kirsten Dunst has agreed to be in Sofia Coppola‘s new film ‘Secret Door’. Script is still being finished. Stay tuned!” Sounded too good to be true—and indeed, that was the case. A few hours later a few pretty obvious clues started surfacing much to our disappointment and chagrin. First, the Twitter account posted what purported to be eight pages of the script— some of the worst writing we’ve ever seen (Sample: “It was he, I pondered most of”)— and then the twitter account named changed multiple times over the day from Zoetrope Films to Sofie Coppola to MsSofia Coppola to SCoppolaFans and back to MsSofiaCoppola. Earlier today, the account more or less signed off saying “All joking aside, please follow @AmZoetrope ( for more news. This account will be deleted. Thank you. Nothing more to say. Bye.” Of course, this is a fake account too. We reached out to reps for Kirsten Dunst just to get the final confirmation of what we assumed and we’re not surprised by what we heard.

“I know they’d love to work together again but this project doesn’t even exist. Wishful thinking from someone!” a spokesperson for Dunst said. Why anyone would write a fake Sofia Coppola script is beyond us, but then again, people are writing fake “Batman” scripts so anything is possible we suppose.
So chalk it up to a bit of an excited sugar high from chocolate rabbits and quasi-hoax on the internet. But nothing to see here, please move on.

theplaylist

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 25-04-2011 at 02:59 PM.

25-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Leaving a bar in Studio City (April 22nd 2011).

Quote:
Grabbing coffee before getting a manicure and pedicure in Studio City (April 23rd 2011).

tlfan

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, dunst, february, june, kirsten