How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

03-05-2011
fashion insider

dont like the dress or the shoes

03-05-2011
V.I.P.

dress has a weird length, but it's funky and i actually think it's pretty. shoes are nice, but they don't fit. the worst thing is the hair - i mean, what the heck? the whole look looks sloppy in my opinion, it's okay, but kinda unfinished.

03-05-2011
backstage pass

Not a fan of this look,waiting for Cannes now:p

03-05-2011
V.I.P.

I actually really like the Chanel dress, i like the details. its not Kirstens best look ever but its definitely not a fail imo. I just wouldve liked it better at a premeire rather than the Met Gala where u can go all out.

03-05-2011
.my prison is your brain.

New movie news
Quote:
Kirsten Dunst, Adam Scott & Lizzy Caplan Star In Will Ferrell Produced ‘Bachelorette’

With all the buzz building behind Judd Apatow and Paul Feig‘s “Bridesmaids,” it was only a matter of time before similarly themed comedies started cropping up. So it’s no surprise that equally comic production powerhouse Gary Sanchez—the shingle run by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay—are getting into the game. THR reports that a pretty great cast led by Kirsten Dunst, Adam Scott, Lizzy Caplan and Casey Wilson (”Saturday Night Live”) are set to star in “Bachelorette” (a working title for now that is likely to change). Written by Leslye Headland (”Terriers”)—who will also be directing—the story follows three best friends (Caplan and Dunst) who are invited to act as bridesmaids at the wedding of a girl they called “Pigface” in high school. Caplan will play the girl with a Playboy bunny body combined with the wit of Larry David, while Dunst will be her “crisp and severe” counterpart. No word yet on the roles for Scott and Wilson; the third best friend is yet to be cast.

The budget on this one is going to be a minuscule $3 million and should everything come together, it will shoot this summer in New York City. “Party Down” fans will be heartened to see Henry and Casey back together. As for Dunst, she seems to be entering her post-”Spider-Man” career with some interesting choices. She’s got Lars Von Trier‘s “Melancholia,” Walter Salles’ “On The Road,” the sci-fi romance “Upside Down” and now this film all on the horizon. Not too shabby at all. But it looks like the “Bridesmaids” folks will need to find a new name for any potential sequel.

indie wire, the playlist

03-05-2011
V.I.P.

Looking at her outfit in HQ, I actually really like the dress on her. It's just a shame those shoes don't match and the hair is so undone.

tlfan

03-05-2011
backstage pass

Shoes are beautiful, but mis-paired with that total mistake of a dress.

04-05-2011
front row

She must really like those shoes, she wore them all the time to events in 2007- including the Met that year (image via tonsinanpei.livejournal.com):
I actually love them and the dress is beautiful (prettier than Blake Lively's misguided sari/toga for sure), but she could have done something with her hair and makeup, the whole look ended up a bit sloppy. *sigh* I hope she dresses better than this at Cannes.

Last edited by Drusilla_; 04-05-2011 at 04:15 AM. Reason: image source added

04-05-2011
V.I.P.

Just realised she wore them to the 2009 Gala, as well!

zimbio

Does anybody know the name of these mystery shoes? My guess is Chanel.

04-05-2011
trendsetter

I love the dress she wore to the MET gala! It's so Kirsten. Love it.

04-05-2011
V.I.P.

Her lucky shoes maybe

04-05-2011
I don't know

According to this tFS article it's Louboutin but I'm not entirely convinced of that

04-05-2011
rising star

Gotta say I was a little disappointed by her Met Gala look. It's a gorgeous dress but it doesn't stand out for some reason. She should have done something with her hair.

05-05-2011
front row

I think she was right to go for relatively undone hair, but the texture is just so wrong. It looks crimped. A smoother, more subtle retro styled wave would have been better. And the ankle strap on the shoe with the dress at that midi length is odd too.

06-05-2011
V.I.P.

billy farrell agency

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, dunst, february, june, kirsten