How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-11-2011
V.I.P.

Too costum-y for me.

04-11-2011
V.I.P.

Don't like it... It's too much...
Posted via Mobile Device

04-11-2011
V.I.P.

I think this is the first outfit she has worn in about a year that I don't love, don't really even like. But I think it has to do with the styling: had she worn flats and her hair down, it might have been more laidback and cuter.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

04-11-2011
V.I.P.

LOVE the MiuMiu. So cute. Not of fan of white shoes I like the red more with it like the model.

04-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
They’re in some of this fall’s most-talked about films and each, in his or her own right, stands among the most buzzworthy actors of their generation: Armie Hammer, Anton Yelchin, Evan Rachel Wood and Kirsten Dunst.

And at this year’s AFI Fest, all four will gather to discuss their careers during the Los

Angeles Times’ second annual Young Hollywood roundtable, moderated by staff writer Amy Kaufman.

During last year’s panel — which featured Oscar nominees Carey Mulligan and Jesse Eisenberg and new Spider-Man Andrew Garfield — the up-and-comers discussed everything from how to ease red carpet anxiety to the experience of working with veteran filmmakers.

Many of this year’s participants may be able to shed light on the latter topic. Hammer, for one, is starring alongside Leonardo DiCaprio in the upcoming Clint Eastwood-directed biopic “J. Edgar,” which is the opening night film at 2011′s AFI Fest. The actor, 25, earned acclaim last year for his portrayal of two characters — the jilted Winkelvoss twins — in the Oscar-nominated Facebook flick “The Social Network.”

Wood, too, has been directed by some of Hollywood’s A-listers. The 24-year-old — who plays a sultry intern who seduces Ryan Gosling’s character in the recent film “The Ides of March” — was Woody Allen’s muse in 2009′s “Whatever Works.” She also played Mickey Rourke’s daughter in “The Wrestler,” and has appeared on HBO’s popular television series “True Blood.”

Dunst, meanwhile, has had her share of top directors as well, from Brian De Palma to Neil Jordan to Michel Gondry. Her most recent film, ”Melancholia,” has taken some heat after director Lars von Trier made some controversial comments at a Cannes Film Festival press conference that suggested he was a Nazi. The outrage that followed, however, did not overshadow Dunst’s performance and she was awarded the festival’s best actress prize. Dunst, 29, has been acting since she was a child, and was nominated for a Golden Globe award at age 12 after starring opposite Brad Pitt in “Interview With the Vampire.”

Yelchin has recently been turning heads for his performance in the intimate romantic drama “Like Crazy,” which was beloved by audiences at this year’s Sundance Film Festival. Earlier this year, the Russian-born 22-year-old played Mel Gibson’s son in “The Beaver” and starred in a remake of the ’80s horror flick “Fright Night.”

The roundtable will take place at 6:45 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 4, at the Mann Chinese 6 Theater in Hollywood. The evening is in partnership with AFI Fest. Tickets are free, but you must RSVP at the AFI Fest site.

If you have a question for one of the panel participants, submit it in the comments section below or on our Facebook page. We will select some to ask during the roundtable. We will also videotape the conversation, so check back for clips from the event on 24 Frames next month.
kirsten-d

04-11-2011
V.I.P.

I love the Miu Miu look. She looks cute. I like that she wore the white shoes instead of red like the model.

04-11-2011
V.I.P.

What Brian De Palma movie was she in? I would have probably seen it 50 times but I'm totally blanking.

04-11-2011
backstage pass

Her outfit on Jimmy Fallon is a little too Dorothy Wizard of Oz-esque for my taste.

04-11-2011
tfs star

Don't like the Miu Miu. I'm not fond of the pattern and the style of the dress. But she was really cute on Fallon though

04-11-2011
rising star

Not digging the look for Jimmy Fallon, but her style has been excellent lately, otherwise! Her GMA dress and coat look lovely, and the styling and make-up just compliment her and the outfit perfectly. I'm not usually into prints, especially floral ones, but somehow she pulls them off so well.... I think it's because she has a unique air of combined playfulness and elegance. She tends to make prints look youthful, but not too childish to be sophisticated.... Again, minus the Jimmy Fallon look.

04-11-2011
V.I.P.

Im in love with the Jimmy Fallon look, that miu miu dress is too cute for words and I think suits her perfectly, its playful but chic too and love her hair in that updo. The floral Chloe dress was perfection on her as well, head to toe lovely look

04-11-2011
I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post
What Brian De Palma movie was she in? I would have probably seen it 50 times but I'm totally blanking.
She had a tiny scene as a child playing Tom Hanks' daughter in Bonfire of the Vanities

05-11-2011
V.I.P.

LA Times Young Hollywood Roundtable (November 4)

justjared

05-11-2011
V.I.P.

^
LOVE IT!!!
she looks great!!!

05-11-2011
V.I.P.

she looks really great!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags