How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-04-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust1603 View Post
Balenciaga's PPR I think. I think her relationship with Balenciaga ended the moment Alexander Wang took over. She hasn't worn any Balenciaga since and she's hardly worn any brands from the PPR group.

That being said I do think she will wear some of Ghesqueire's Balenciaga to the Met Ball. I just don't expect her to feature in Wang's plans for Balenciaga.
Posted via Mobile Device
sorry, i miswrote, indeed, Balenciaga is a part of PPR, but so are Sergio Rossi and Stella whose stuff she wore during the Twilight promo (then again, she wore Marc Jacobs during the tour so..). either way, i agree that she might go with Ghesqueire's Balenciaga, he's on the list of attendees (or Charlotte might go with him).

28-04-2013
V.I.P.

Is she actually on the list to attend though??? (Anybody got a copy they can let us have a look at).

28-04-2013
V.I.P.

It's just the benefit committee, not the guest list. Those are two different things. The benefit committee has been leaked before and most of the people on the list didn't even attend. Natalie Portman's busy filming at the moment and she and her husband are on the list. Rihanna's on tour at the moment and again, she's also on the list. Maybe now Twilight is over, she doesn't have to do all of this stuff any more. She probably has more freedom.

V.I.P.

^ Thanks for that. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't go this year.

But if she does go and turns up in either Monique Lhuillier or Reem Acra I will SCREAM. I hate when she wears these two. It's always boring and/or basic.

28-04-2013
front row

She should go - she needs some good publicity. Her PR right now is bad - she has no job and gossip is still about her and Rupert. I read somewhere that she had dress fittings or something like that - according to all the twilight fans - so maybe she is going.

30-04-2013
tfs star

Wouldn't Balenciaga want their most notable celebrity endorser to wear Wang instead, so she can help give Wang's Balenciaga more visibility?
Never really thought her and Ghesqueire were all that friendly, not as much as Jennifer or Charlotte.

30-04-2013
V.I.P.

^ I would say they are friendly but not friends.
I agree with you the Balenciaga big wigs will want Wang's items out there.

Charlotte is to Ghesqueire like Sofia is to Marc. A loyal close friend.
Kristen needs to find her "designer" and it better not be whoever designs Reem Acra.

30-04-2013
V.I.P.

i think it would do her good to attend Gala and possibly show that she's still contracted with Balenciaga. eh..we'll see...

.my prison is your brain.

Regarding her future with Balenciaga...

Quote:
Kristen Stewart Told Ghesquière She’d ‘Run Away’ From Balenciaga With Him

German magazine 032c has devoted its cover and 38 pages of its summer issue to former Balenciaga designer Nicolas Ghesquière, calling the feature a “monument” to Ghesquière’s final spring 2013 season. It's a hefty tribute indeed: There's a thirteen-page Q&A between the designer and Pierre Alexandre de Looz, a fashion editorial starring Ghesquière muse Charlotte Gainsbourg and styled by Marie Amélie Sauvé, and a meaty story by De Looz about Ghesquière's fifteen-year tenure at the house, bolstered with reverent quotes from major industry figures like Grace Coddington, Eric Wilson, and Hamish Bowles. It's a long read, to say the least, but full of interesting tidbits about Ghesquière's ideas and the history of Balenciaga.

But let's cut to the juicy part: Kristen Stewart, a friend and "ambassador" of Ghesquière's, contributed several F-bomb-laced quotes to the piece. She tells De Looz:
He is a reminder of how ****ing annoying everyone else is. It’s not easy to walk a line that not every single person in the world is going to get in a second. Nicolas is the sort of person who loves swimming in rough water ...
I’ve felt the happiest I’ve ever felt wearing these clothes. I’ve also felt androgynous and rigid. Sort of like you’re wearing a ****ing building.
She also recalls the moment after his final collection for Balenciaga, when he told her he was leaving the house:
I was like, ‘Dude, are you okay?’ and he was like (in a French accent), ‘Yes. Yes. I will tell you soon, but there are things happening.’ Before I left, he was like, ‘All right, I'll tell you.’ I’m so ****ing proud of him because what he was about to do would rock people’s worlds. He was just like, ‘Believe for me.’ I thought it was the coolest ****ing thing.
032c also gave the Cut an exclusive additional quote from Stewart:
The look on his face after that show, he had this look like he was actually the kid who was being told he wasn't allowed to do something. And he was totally not going to stand for it, and I was like, 'I will totally run away with you.'
And so she has! Balenciaga hasn't explicitly stated whether they'll continue to work with her post-Ghesquière, but their future seems unlikely. Alexander Wang, the label's new designer, famously expressed his loyalty to Liberty Ross, the wronged woman in Stewart's cheating scandal with film director Rupert Sanders last summer. Stewart has yet to appear in any of Wang's new designs for the label. This article skirts the issue, simply describing her as "an ambassador for the brand’s second new fragrance Flora Botanica."
nymag/thecut

02-05-2013
tfs star

The daft thing is, Alexander Wang would suit her so well. I've never really liked Ghesquière on Kristen, or anyone else for that matter.

As for all the swearing, is she serious? I get that she thinks it's 'punk' and all to not even attempt to endear yourself to people, but she sounds like a child who is trying to irritate her parents by getting her quota in rather than using the words expressively

fashion insider

She's still with Balenciaga.
Quote:
Following Kristen Stewart's interview with German magazine 032c about former Balenciaga designer Nicolas Ghesquière, many folks on the Internet concluded that she had severed ties with the house, which is now helmed by Alexander Wang. But an inside source confirmed to us that her contract with Balenciaga is actually alive and well. She has already shot several new fragrance campaigns, the first of which will come out this fall.
The Cut

02-05-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterpeacock View Post
The daft thing is, Alexander Wang would suit her so well. :
I agree with you. Even though I don't really like his main line it would be a perfect fit for her. Not sure about Wang's designs for Balenciaga. Guess we may never find out.

Last edited by Label Basher; 02-05-2013 at 05:54 PM.
03-05-2013
V.I.P.

well at least this made Balenciaga make a statement about it finally.

front row

I really can't wait to see what Kristen will wear for the MET Gala

06-05-2013
.my prison is your brain.

So she will be there for sure:

Quote:
#MetBall: #KimKardashian said attending w/ #KanyeWest & #KStew w/ Nicolas Ghesquière. Also: #KatyPerry, #GerardButler & #GinniferGoodwin
twitter.com/jimshi809

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
kristen, stewart