How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-06-2011
V.I.P.

the dress looks better with the jacket imo

08-06-2011
V.I.P.

her jacket is IDd as Muubaa (apparently famous London brand) Leather Cadet Jacket.

08-06-2011
trendsetter

great make-up, boring dress. yawn, she needs a new stylist. the dress looks a lot better together with the jacket though.

08-06-2011
V.I.P.

everyone says she needs a new stylist, but it´s that really the problem? if she wants to wear strapless minis maybe with a new stylist it won´t be any different...

08-06-2011
trendsetter

the stylist must be able to put her in different options, and push for a different look. i believe kristen would look great in more edgy stuff.

08-06-2011
V.I.P.

^that´s my point, if the stylist has to push for a different look then it´s the stylist´s choice not Kristen´s, know what I mean?
I think that the ultimate choice has to be the client´s, a stylist can only give you advice and options. If Kristen is comfortable in that look and she´s not willing to mix it up/change then we´d only be seeing her in different labels.

Last edited by kokobombon; 08-06-2011 at 12:05 PM.

08-06-2011
V.I.P.

well, not neccessarily, good stylist recognizes the elements his/her client feels most comfortable in and then combines it. Tara's stuck with only one combination and those are strapless dresses. it's one thing to force your client to wear something, it's another thing to suggest something similar when it comes to being comfortable and not necessarily that being the same exact same thing. the only reason why i feel it's Tara who's a real issue is cus, whenever someone else styled Kristen, she never wore strapless dresses. last example being the MET thing, where PS boys were in charge and you got a totally different look, and it wasn't just a modification of the stuff she usually wears, it's totally 180 degrees turn in dressing. another thing, a stylist should never, and i mean never, allow her client to wear the exact same type of dress in back-to-back (and i mean in like less than a week period) premieres like Tara did for Eclipse premiere when K wore one-sleeve dresses back to back. i don't doubt for one second Kristen likes to state her mind about this kind of stuff, but i really don't see her not being open to what Tara has to offer considering it's Kristen who hires her and pays her cus she obv doesn't think she can do it on her own. as you said, she gives her options and K's last vote, but why offer the strapless dresses over and over again? i can't believe she's not aware of the replay-ing when it comes to this. her having the power to put out the choices is what limits Kristen from the start, so why put out strapless dresses when you know that she's going for it, if indeed it's Kristen who's the most verbal about this kind of dresses?

another thing i noticed - during the first two promo tours for Twilight, outfits she chose were all around the place stylewise - from Balenciaga, to Proenza and Versace, it's the last 2 years that are constantly the same. i don't get what changed. if anything, having such a high profile client, opened a lot more doors...

Last edited by dajrekshn; 08-06-2011 at 12:17 PM.

08-06-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
^that´s my point, if the stylist has to push for a different look then it´s the stylist´s choice not Kristen´s, know what I mean?
I think that the ultimate choice has to be the client´s, a stylist can only give you advice and options. If Kristen is comfortable in that look and she´s not willing to mix it up/change then we´d only be seeing her in different labels.
I know exactly what you mean and I totaly agree. Kristen is not a fashionista.

08-06-2011
V.I.P.

Kristen & The Knot leaving the Glamour Awards last night

kstewartfans lj

08-06-2011
V.I.P.

^I was hoping she´d keep the leather jacket and wear her new pants hehehe

08-06-2011
V.I.P.

oh god, both the knot and the hairclip.
i really hate those vans with passion. it's such a early-teen thing.
her pants are cute tho and the shirt looks like it could be nice if it weren't for that thing.

08-06-2011
kabhi alvida

Quote:
Originally Posted by whysper View Post
If you're expecting a change from her, then don't bother . Like it's been irritably argued in this thread, she is who she is. We all know what can be expected of her

I've always defended her Hollywood persona being a refreshing change from the atypical cookie cutter starlets because unlike like them, she obviously wants to be mainly focus on her work not fame (however naysayers interpret that). That's why she seemingly use to follow 'the rules'. So what if it's not up to your standards?
Sorry but if that really were true, she wouldn't have done a Vogue cover. It's not as if Anna Wintour pulled her by her messy hair on to set. In fact, didn't her publicist have to re-negotiate the cover with Vogue after she screwed the first one up by not playing ball? She has to keep to a certain level of publicity if she wants to get better roles.

The truth is if she just wanted to be an Indie actress, she wouldn't bother with Vogue and Elle type publicity. Anyway, back to the style - boring as usual, but she knows what works for her. She doesn't do long gowns well so she shouldn't wear them if she can get away with it.

08-06-2011
V.I.P.

I don't understand why her stylist insist that she wears these very short dresses when it's clear that she doesn't feel comfortable! she looks always so awkward!

08-06-2011
trendsetter

Yes I do now there's a level of publicity she needs to play . When she got Twilight, she didn't expect a crazy rapid followers so that puts her under a constant microscope and media decided to follow the hype. She has to do press junkets and all to promote which is the reason why she gets these covers and magazines want to help her films out.

It doesn't matter, it's just an opinion never said it as a fact .

Anyways, so is she prepping for Snow White now? I just wanna see what Colleen Atwood is gonna do for the costumes.

Last edited by whysper; 08-06-2011 at 07:12 PM.

08-06-2011
V.I.P.

Is she gonna die her hair again?
I hope she´ll wear a -proper- wig, I have bad memories from the "Joan Jett" era lol

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, february, june, kristen, stewart