How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

03-10-2011
V.I.P.

I didn't expect to see her on GQ but I LOVE THIS. She looks gorgeous.
It's not skanky or slutty thank god. Love the way they did her hair.
I prefer this 100 times more than her W cover where it didn't even look like her.

03-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by impossibleprincess View Post
They're trying to turn her into a sex symbol as that's what sells. But it's all so overtly contrived.
"that's what sells" when it is Charlize Theron, Cameron, Blake or Kate Beckinsale and others, that are naturally sexy, not Kristen! She isn't sexy.period. And there's no problem with that!
What is bothering me is that she is trying to hard to fit into the stereotype hollywood actress. It's really a pitty. She seemed different and I though she was someone who simply didn't care, well it seems all of that was fake.

03-10-2011
PrettySmileyStew ♥

while i dont like the change into being the typical HW actress, i have to disagree with your 'it seems all fake' bit when it comes to her not caring.
i dont know if anyone else noticed, but in the past at least year, shes grown more mature than when she was when she was 17 (when she started twilight and really became known) so maybe she just learned to hide that she doesnt care too much for the typical HW look and accepted that for her career, she needs to be a certain way to get the better jobs and etc.

her professionalism is probably what has changed, not her personal self.

03-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by impossibleprincess View Post
They're trying to turn her into a sex symbol as that's what sells. But it's all so overtly contrived.
she's still young and discovering herself. it could be taking the chance to play up her femininity. I don't see the harm in that or see it as her "selling out"

03-10-2011
trendsetter

It's not like she has never wore feminine dresses at before . She does that stuff for press junkets or red carpet events, it's just the way she's been marketed now by her PR, touted as more girlier than she was before. People have phases all the time and maybe she is growing out of the old knotted tees.

03-10-2011
fashion elite

I think the definition of "sexy" can be very subjective...for me she is way more sexy than some other actresses

and I agree with some of the previous posters that her change in posing and wearing sexier outfits for magazines etc. might be not only due to her management's decisions but also hers as she is getting older...of course you can feel more sexy and more selfconfident after years in the spotlight and letting the teenage-Bella-part behind when you're 23 rather than 17 .. I mean Scarlett Johansson wasn't the sexy kitten when she was 17 but started when she hit her 20ties...and still her every day style is tracking suits or other rather geeky outfits and she is no doubt one of the most promoted "sexy actresses" with all the "sexy magazine spreads" - imo personal style and photo shootings do not have to be 1:1 representations of an actor or actress...it's posing, it's playing dress up

I think she is looking stunning and it's normal that she has to target for other parts in HW...she can't be the 17-year-old-indie-girl for the next 30 years, can she?

03-10-2011
V.I.P.

She also said "I looked like a boy for a long time. Now I feel like a woman." that´s why I was wondering if we´ll see a change in her candid style...

03-10-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvstratus View Post
"that's what sells" when it is Charlize Theron, Cameron, Blake or Kate Beckinsale and others, that are naturally sexy, not Kristen! She isn't sexy.period. And there's no problem with that!
I disagree with this. She is definitely NATURALLY sexy in every sense of the word. Which is why the latest two, very commercial spreads, both feel a bit strange. These spreads both take away Kristen's unique (for a starlet) modest and unassuming sexiness and replace it with a cookie-cutter glamorized star sex appeal that does not feel authentic to her.

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 03-10-2011 at 02:40 PM.

03-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
She also said "I looked like a boy for a long time. Now I feel like a woman." that´s why I was wondering if we´ll see a change in her candid style...
judging from our outfit at the Mulberry after party, it may be a slow change. I don't think The Knot will disappear overnight.

03-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
I disagree with this. She is definitely NATURALLY sexy in every sense of the word.
well that goes back to the comment earlier that "sexiness is subjective". So we've come full circle. Again.

03-10-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepykrista View Post
well that goes back to the comment earlier that "sexiness is subjective". So we've come full circle. Again.
This thread tends to run around in circles. I agree, sexiness is subjective, but to say that she isn't sexy at all, I just found that a bit ridiculous and had to chime in. Carry on...

03-10-2011
PrettySmileyStew ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepykrista View Post
judging from our outfit at the Mulberry after party, it may be a slow change. I don't think The Knot will disappear overnight.
as much as i dislike the knot, im kind of glad its not gone yet
the knot is her own little signature in her personal style

03-10-2011
front row

The girl has got something about her, and legs that go on for miles.

robstenation.blogspot.com

Last edited by VesperLynx; 03-10-2011 at 03:42 PM.

03-10-2011
V.I.P.

i gotta say i don't think she has any sex appeal. but that's not a bad thing, i like that she is such an average girl and i think that is why she got offered to play the normal teenage girl roles.
this change had to come sooner or later and i think it also has to do with the way they are promoting BD. with Eclipse they tried to make it interesting to a guy audience with the action-y(?!) trailers but BD is about teenage pregnancy, not really something guys will watch, so they play up the sex scenes (as in, this time they will finally do it). and since Kristen was never known as a sexy girl (in a guys' magazine way at least, as we've seen in this thread that term is highly subjective), they now have to make her more mainstream sexy to appeal to the guys...at least that's my theory. of course this might also lead to more career choices, but this is mainly for BD promo imo.

03-10-2011
PrettySmileyStew ♥

her. damn. legs.

i find kristen very sexy, and that gif backs my statement up

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, june, kristen, october, stewart