How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-10-2011
V.I.P.

GQ hardly ever features wrinkly old men on their covers. The men are almost always handsome hunk celebrities.
It's just a magazine, after all, and it does not in any way represent who Kristen is as a person. She made a conscious decision to be on the cover of this magazine, wearing a rather classy bikini (in my opinion). Her photos are aesthetically pleasing and not Playboy-esque at all. She's showing off her sexy side because she can, and I don't think she should be afraid of having men drool over her as a result. If this is about sexual objectification, gender doesn't play a role. Women are guilty of it too. Look at Taylor Lautner in the Twilight movie (not sure which one) where he comes out half naked and totally sexy. I bet not many people criticized that.
I guess I just feel like we're getting to an era where women are being criticized more and more for being open about their bodies. I think it's other women they should be afraid of, not men.

09-10-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by casaanova View Post
GQ hardly ever features wrinkly old men on their covers. The men are almost always handsome hunk celebrities.
It's just a magazine, after all, and it does not in any way represent who Kristen is as a person. She made a conscious decision to be on the cover of this magazine, wearing a rather classy bikini (in my opinion). Her photos are aesthetically pleasing and not Playboy-esque at all. She's showing off her sexy side because she can, and I don't think she should be afraid of having men drool over her as a result. If this is about sexual objectification, gender doesn't play a role. Women are guilty of it too. Look at Taylor Lautner in the Twilight movie (not sure which one) where he comes out half naked and totally sexy. I bet not many people criticized that.
I guess I just feel like we're getting to an era where women are being criticized more and more for being open about their bodies. I think it's other women they should be afraid of, not men.
Bill Clinton, Bruce Willlis (the old version), Fabio Capello, Stephen Colbert, Robert de Niro, Richard Branson... and I could go on and on. Actually GQ in the 90s had no problem of having on his covers 70 year old decrepit ministers.
And yes gender does play a role In GQ, I have no problem with a mag that has hunky boys or sexy girls on the cover, but if they exclusively have good looking women in sexy poses but the men are allowed to be just interesting then we have a big problem for me.

And what are you talking about? Twilight in itself is one big misogynist feast, Taylor fits right in, It is to be expected. But on the other hand people talk about GQ like it's a cut above lads mags and that is classy to pose for it.

Said that, I actually agree with you i do think for GQ standards the edit is tasteful, I just do not think she looks good at all in it.

09-10-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
When Taylor Lautner was shirtless in Twilight, it's because it was in the plot. Also, I feel he's milking it for all its worth - he wouldn't have nearly as much popularity if he didn't have those abs. Kristen didn't have to be on the cover of GQ, classy magazine or not, the reason why many men buy it is still relevant, which is why this annoys me so much. And why does every woman have to show her sexy side? It seems it's obligatory these days. I thought Kristen was one of the ones who didn't do 'sexy'. That's really what I liked about her, a year ago or so.

09-10-2011
V.I.P.

Glamour November 2011 HQ

This is my favorite shot I just realized that the style is so close to her own, white tshirt+black bra and rolled up sleeves...

thecelebritycity.com

09-10-2011
holy####ery

Quote:
Perhaps not wrinkly old men in the way you're thinking, per se, but the Dos Equis man type, definitely. (Also, Zach Galifianakis, anyone?) Google Image "GQ cover" and you'll find a startling difference in the way men and women and styled on the covers. Men: crisp white shirt and suit, tie optional, sometimes a bit rumpled as to appear cavalier, but always sophisticated, sharply styled. Women: skin, everywhere - if not the chest, then the midriff and/or legs. Lingerie abounds. Not to say that there isn't an exception or two, but I've yet to come across a GQ cover featuring a woman in which the focus wasn't on her body. That being said, it is GQ. You know what you're getting. And I for one think Kristen looks great on the cover.

10-10-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
Glamour November 2011 HQ

This is my favorite shot I just realized that the style is so close to her own, white tshirt+black bra and rolled up sleeves...

thecelebritycity.com
koko, that's my favorite shot too.
i want her lace shorts. if anyone can ID, i'd love them forever.

10-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicandcool View Post
koko, that's my favorite shot too.
i want her lace shorts. if anyone can ID, i'd love them forever.
Peter Som Resort 2012 Lace Overlay Shorts

10-10-2011
trendsetter

That is one very beautiful shot. I agree about the styling, very true to herself.
I think she looks sexy and sophisticated at the same time. Very tasteful.

10-10-2011
PrettySmileyStew ♥

i loooove the shorts.
and agree about it being close to her personal style.

its something i could see her wearing during BD type of promotion.
like when she wore the gray tshirt and yellow skirt..

10-10-2011
trendsetter

With all these new looks in the magazines it will be interesting to see what she wears for On the Road promotion and BD promotion actually!

11-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora View Post
I think she is above average-looking girl. She has a nice body, a magnificent skin and her eyes are mesmerizing.
The only thing I do not like sometimes is her mouth - at times it is sexy, at other times it's just so awkward....
Agreed.
I really like Kristen for GQ though. I think the photos are classy and I like the styling.

11-10-2011
PrettySmileyStew ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyduck View Post
With all these new looks in the magazines it will be interesting to see what she wears for On the Road promotion and BD promotion actually!
i dont think her RC style will change all that much
im sure there will be plenty of strapless mini's for both
but it would be nice to see her do something different for rc.

11-10-2011
V.I.P.

rumors about her new project, i'm not liking the role too much as it is "too close to her rep/image", but as it seems it's a comedy and it has great cast, so i'd like it to be true:
Quote:
Kristen Stewart is now attached to star in A TAXONOMY OF BARNACLES, a new comedy written by Amy Lippman and directed by Nanette Burstein (Going the Distance). Earlier this year, TB first reported that Stewart was offered to join the film. Offers and interest are still out for Jeff Bridges and Anne Hathaway to join the pic. The story follows six sisters who are given a challenge by their self-made father to see who will inherit his fortune. Stewart is set to play Beth Barnacle, a ***-smoking purple-haired lesbian who suffers the defeat of unrequited love.

The project is set up at Sony with Team Todd (Alice in Wonderland) and Plum Pictures (The Kids Are All Right) producing. The pic is based on the novel “A Taxonomy of Barnacles” written by Galt Nierderhoffer. It was previously set up at Revolution Studios.

Stewart, who is repped by Gersh, can be seen later this year in part one of the final chapter in the “Twilight” series “Breaking Dawn”. She is currently in production on “Snow White and the Huntsman”, a Universal Pictures revisionist project. She recently wrapped the silver screen adaptation of “On the Road” for director Walter Salles.

Jeff Bridges
Barry Barnacle

Anne Hathaway
Bridget Barnacle

Kristen Stewart
Beth Barnacle

Maggie Gyllenhaal
Bell Barnacle
also, part of her new interview:
Quote:
You know this character so well, what's it like to take her through this huge change when she becomes a vampire herself?

It felt good. It was really weird. It was such a long process of the two movies being shot at the same time as if they're one. You shoot, obviously, out of order and you keep going back and forth between pregnant, human and dead vampire Bella. There's so many different versions of Bella in this, it's insane. It was a strange experience walking on set the first time I played a scene as a vampire because I'd watched everyone around me doing it all the time. I sound so lame, but vampire Bella really is my favorite character—she's very representative of a matriarch. She's very intuitive on almost a psychic level and no one ever acknowledges it, which is interesting. Maybe that says something about Stephenie that she doesn't get respect for all of her f--king amazing qualities. And that's also one of the things that makes her appealing to me, so that's not a strike at it—that's something that I like about it. And I think it's nice to see her finally get what she wants. That's probably the best thing, even if it sounds simple and indulgent, which is why the f--king thing is criticized all the time. It's nice to see people be happy. And she really—if I've played it right—is born to be where she is.

You're shooting Snow White and the Huntsman right now which imagines Snow White as this warrior princess. What's her fighting style like?

Not to trivialize it at all, but it's hard to play an action hero who is also the most compassionate person on earth. You can't hate. You epitomize bleeding hearts, so how the f--k do you do an action movie like that? She is sort of the last shred of hope for her land. She has this ethereal, spiritual connection to her people—she really feels things-and so it's like we don't really feel empathy. I've had some f--king eye-opening experiences on this movie. I think that to truly care for something isn't just putting yourself in that situation aesthetically and then going, "Oh my god, I feel so bad for them." It's truly not thinking of yourself at all. The way that you fight is that you must take out anything that hurt your people. Basically, I'm fighting evil—I'm fighting the most evil motherf--kers-and it's fine that they're being killed. It's anguish. It's literally f--king anguish. She takes absolutely no pleasure in ever hurting anything. I'm exhausted right now and I was thinking, "The fight stuff is coming up, maybe that won't be so bad." And then I realized that they're probably going to be my most emotional scenes because I'm killing people and I'm Snow White. It's a really f--king cool way to approach a movie where so many people die. Not that I'm criticizing violent movies—I love them, generally—but it is nice to do it this way.
team_kbitch@LJ

11-10-2011
trendsetter

she looks good in the GQ shot, even thou she isn't the typical girl men drool over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
Bill Clinton, Bruce Willlis (the old version), Fabio Capello, Stephen Colbert, Robert de Niro, Richard Branson... and I could go on and on. Actually GQ in the 90s had no problem of having on his covers 70 year old decrepit ministers.
And yes gender does play a role In GQ, I have no problem with a mag that has hunky boys or sexy girls on the cover, but if they exclusively have good looking women in sexy poses but the men are allowed to be just interesting then we have a big problem for me.

And what are you talking about? Twilight in itself is one big misogynist feast, Taylor fits right in, It is to be expected. But on the other hand people talk about GQ like it's a cut above lads mags and that is classy to pose for it.

Said that, I actually agree with you i do think for GQ standards the edit is tasteful, I just do not think she looks good at all in it.
I agree.

11-10-2011
tfs star

Lol, kstew in a comedy? ha. ha. ha.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, june, kristen, october, stewart