How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-05-2012
V.I.P.

i think this dress needs someone with curves, since it's rather loose it just hangs straight down, i guess they tried to give her some curves with the belt, but it doesn't really work.
it looks rather boring on her imo

23-05-2012
V.I.P.

^I think the belt only makes it more obvious that the dress is too big for her... which is a shame cause I think it´s a pretty dress.

23-05-2012
V.I.P.

^yeah, the dress itself is gorgeous, it just doesn't look right on Kristen (her dresses never look like they are tailored, don't they usually try them on and then have some small modifications be made?)

23-05-2012
fashion insider

I like the dress a lot but something is off.

I like her hair, the current color is gorgeous.

Love is fragile. And we're not always its best caretakers. We just muddle through and do the best we can. And hope this fragile thing survives against all odds.

23-05-2012
trendsetter

Is she really working with designers? Her clothes has fit/tailoring issues 90% of the time for big events.. The dress is really gorgeous tho. Can't even phantom how amazing it would have looked on KK, Fan, Diane or Liu.
Posted via Mobile Device

23-05-2012
V.I.P.

On The Road Cannes Premiere adds

kstewartfans lj

i'm sorry but when I hear "custom-made", I expect it to fit really well

Quote:
Kristen Stewart made her grand red carpet arrival tonight at Palais des Festivals for the 65th Annual Cannes Film Festival premiere of “On The Road” wearing a custom-made Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquière gown.
This is the first time at Cannes for the 22-year-old actress, but you can tell by the bright smile on her face that it will be an exciting and memorable one!

Kristen’s nude sleeveless silk dress, with a teal pattern motif and embroidered all over with blue and silver sequin paillettes, featured a plunging v-neck and a massive thigh slit at the side to show off her black strappy Balenciaga sandals.

The design was finished off with a black leather belt.
thefashion-court

Last edited by sleepykrista; 23-05-2012 at 01:34 PM.

23-05-2012
V.I.P.

I feel like I'm going absolutely crazy because I actually think the dress fits her...well? Am I the only one? In fact, I would even go as far to say that it's one of her best ever looks.

23-05-2012
V.I.P.

also, the bracelet she wore at the photocall

Quote:
The latest item to grace the “covet list” is a 18-karat yellow gold Cartier Juste un Clou (“Just a Nail”) bracelet. It’s a reinterpretation of a bracelet that Aldo Cipullo designed for Cartier in 1971 (right around the time my fantasy 1972 Mercedes was conceived). It’s sculptural, a little edgy, and completely beautiful. It’s also a cool 35k. I think it definitely hits all the qualifications.
dhome.dmagazine.com/

23-05-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
I feel like I'm going absolutely crazy because I actually think the dress fits her...well? Am I the only one? In fact, I would even go as far to say that it's one of her best ever looks.
Nope, I'm glad someone else agrees, because I don't see these phantom tailoring issues either. Especially when looking at it from the side view, not a gap in sight, which is pretty amazing with that plunging neckline and her modest bust.

23-05-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
I personally love it. Love the Eastern influence.
Agree! The slit is really nice as is the embroidery work.

Also agree with marjanthelion that Kristen needs to do something NEW or DIFFERENT with her hair. That loose mane hair worked with the rocker-chic photocall look, but this dress needs more polished hair.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

23-05-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
Nope, I'm glad someone else agrees, because I don't see these phantom tailoring issues either. Especially when looking at it from the side view, not a gap in sight, which is pretty amazing with that plunging neckline and her modest bust.
apparently I just have unreasonable expectations of how a garment should fit then because I see odd spots that were overlooked

23-05-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
I'm with ya! At first i wasn't sure,but the more i look at it the more i'm impressed. The upper part fits her perfectly, the bottom part is classic and it would look like this on anyone cus it's the fit. I also find it as an hommage to the movie's atmosphere and beat period (same thing goes for Kiki's choice). Lovely! Also, these shoes are the best one she has ever worn,despite of them being small.

23-05-2012
fashion icon

I like the dress, but not on her. The print ages her quite a bit.

23-05-2012
V.I.P.

On The Road Cannes Premiere adds

kstewartfans lj

23-05-2012
V.I.P.

kstewartfans lj

Last edited by sleepykrista; 23-05-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, june, kristen, stewart