How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-02-2013
fashion icon

I actually don't think Kristen is "beautiful". At best she is average to slightly above. I'm tired of her being cast in roles that actually call for a beautiful woman. In Snow White I never believed at any point that she rivaled Charlize Theron in any capacity. I read that she was cast as Peyton in Lie Down in Darkness movie and will be forever annoyed. Peyton is supposed to be beautiful and enigmatic. I can already see Kristin making her dead-eyed, slack jawed -basically like every other character she plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
I am starting to feel sorry for her...
Don't. She makes millions and can retire at any time if she is so miserable being an actress.

Last edited by loladonna; 26-02-2013 at 03:20 AM.

26-02-2013
holy####ery

Are there people who seem to just "get her" and still like her at this point? Yes, and Krisbians will swear to it - no matter what she does, they see her as just being herself. But the problem she has to face in her career is that, for every Krisbian, there are hundreds of people who see her attitude as a self-absorbed, washed-up act. And being an actress, you can't just like to act - people have to like to watch you act. So it's fine if she doesn't care that she's alienating 99.9% of the viewing population. It's just that she can't then complain about not getting the jobs she wants.

26-02-2013
front row

^best comment i've read in ages! totally agree with you!

and i have to say i start to feel sorry for her, too... the problem with her stubborn immature attitude is that she is starting to scare the people away she originally considered as her favorite audience (mostly the ones who knew and liked her before Twilight) - and the ones left who won't stop supporting her, if she's not starting to polish her image up, are some crazy 15 year old Twihards

26-02-2013
.my prison is your brain.

I still love her. I love that when you think of some of the worst Hollywood stereotypes, she is the exact opposite: tomboyish instead of overtly sexy, socially awkward instead of a trained robot, pale messy haired and crooked toothed instead of spray tanned with perfectly coiffed hair and white chicklet teeth, etc. She hasn't let Hollywood suck the life out of her, like I think many actresses do nowadays. She's still her own person and I think seems very grounded and intelligent.

BUT, like MulletProof, I think she could benefit from a break from the spotlight and some study of her craft. I can defend her acting to a point, but it does need work. I also think that her seemingly innate non-conformist nature has now drifted towards a very conscience act of rebellion that's childish and obnoxious (carrying a slingshot around in her back pocket, all these stupid logo tees and caps with messages for the world, going from slightly grungy to just not even trying at all, etc.).

She should just take a breather, like her idol Jodie Foster did, and get it together.

26-02-2013
V.I.P.

^IA.
I also find it hard to reconcile her grunge attitude (more Courtney Love during her wasted years than the cooler attitude of Kurt Cobain imo) with her interviews. imo she clearly cares about what the world thinks of her but tries to act nonchalant about it, the end result is annoying and obnoxious... and she´s not even that talented to get away with it. I mean even on this thread, she´s alienating us.

26-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
I still love her. I love that when you think of some of the worst Hollywood stereotypes, she is the exact opposite: tomboyish instead of overtly sexy, socially awkward instead of a trained robot, pale messy haired and crooked toothed instead of spray tanned with perfectly coiffed hair and white chicklet teeth, etc. She hasn't let Hollywood suck the life out of her, like I think many actresses do nowadays. She's still her own person and I think seems very grounded and intelligent.
I think she once WAS the opposite, but isn't anymore, and that's why people don't like her as much as they did maybe 5 years ago.

On the red carpet Kristen is definitely trying to be very sexy like many other actresses (who mostly pull it off better though) and regarding her tomboyish side there are many actresses who are not all that glammed up in "real" life. In general I get the feeling that these days less and less actresses fit the Hollywood stereotype you described, or at least it doesn't seem that important anymore in order to be successfull in this business (when it comes to younger actresses, like Carey Mulligan for example, she doesn't fit the Hollywood stereotype either).

26-02-2013
.my prison is your brain.

[quote=mangotree;11550553I get the feeling that these days less and less actresses fit the Hollywood stereotype you described, or at least it doesn't seem that important anymore in order to be successfull in this business (when it comes to younger actresses, like Carey Mulligan for example, she doesn't fit the Hollywood stereotype either).[/quote]

I love Carey, but she is still someone that is perfectly polished to me and a perfect little package that's not going to ruffle anyone's feathers.

26-02-2013
fashion insider

Grunge!? She's the Twilight moms' idea of rebel.
A rebel would refuse to have anything to do with that God awful franchise after the first film.

I think she's a total Hollywood product and quite frankly a massive attention seeker. To me it simply comes across as fantastically spoiled, like those rich kids that behave badly simply because they can.

Said that, I do not think she looked as bad as people are saying and i liked the hair, she's quite an attractive woman, i would not say she's very beautiful (i do not think she can escape the chin area), but there is something about that her that if she cared to be a better actress and dropped act, would make her more interesting than her peers.

26-02-2013
V.I.P.

^I think she´s grungy in today´s definition of grunge, have you seen those grunge kids´s tumblrs? not really the 90s grunge.

26-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
She was running around on friday so her cut was fairly recent... btw are there pics of her shoes? on one pic you can see a silver point but I'm not sure... at least she didnt wear chucks LOL
in these pics you can sort of see her shoes (couldn't find clearer pics). the one is a heel, the other a flat (there were IDs on ontd, but i can't be bothered to go through the thousands of comments to find them). why didn't she just wear a pair of nice flats? it's not like anyone would have noticed under that dress and she had a reason for not wearing heels that night, so it wouldn't have been a big deal. but i guess she needed the attention, hence the crutches. who wouldn't need those with that choice of shoes

tlfan.to

26-02-2013
V.I.P.

^thanks. so she hurt her right foot... she kept twiching that leg non-stop when they were taking pictures.

26-02-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
^I think she´s grungy in today´s definition of grunge, have you seen those grunge kids´s tumblrs? not really the 90s grunge.
Well you are right. As an early 90s teen i just find it amazing for what passes for grunge nowdays.

She had no need for those gigantic crutches, why?

26-02-2013
clever ain't wise

The truth is I don't think there would even be half the amount of these negative comments if it had not been for the infidelity issue last year...

I mean, there's nothing to be upset about....so she has a sling in her back pocket...so her hair is more amenable to the taste of V or W magazine rather than the Fashion pack. Does that make her a disaster? Hardly.

To compare her to Courtney Love after these minor "offenses", well, I just don't know how that could possibly be appropriate.

The fact is most here just don't like KS based on opinions rooted in moral values. It has nothing to do with her being "out of control" or anything even remotely like it.

26-02-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
I still love her. I love that when you think of some of the worst Hollywood stereotypes, she is the exact opposite: tomboyish instead of overtly sexy, socially awkward instead of a trained robot, pale messy haired and crooked toothed instead of spray tanned with perfectly coiffed hair and white chicklet teeth, etc.
In one way I agree with you, but only if she was so anti-Hollywood in addition to being remotely grateful, respectful, and not completely resentful of the power she actually has in Hollywood (in terms of star power and box office clout), and the opportunities she's been given. Not to mention the minute detail that she's unimpressive and one-dimensional as an actress. Other stars get and have gotten away with being this anti-Hollywood and not participating in the dog-and-pony show (Woody Allen, Katherine Hepburn, Johnny Depp, Joaquin Pheonix, for instance) by doing good work. Instead, whether because she decides to or does so at the urging of the people who work for her (or both), she continues to court this kind of attention and show up at awards shows only to act the way she does. It blows my mind.

26-02-2013
fashion insider

I think people have always had this issue with her. She has never been particularly liked anyway, I mean her last Oscars appearance was almost as divisive but this is something else all together.

I didn't want to comment again but someone brought up Dan Rad and I don't think he's stiff or pompous at all. If you saw him at the Oscars, he was incredibly grateful and professional and looked as though he was enjoying himself whilst he was performing and presenting. In general he's quite unlike most of his peers, he's acknowledged what he's done in his past and tried to better himself. He's remained humble and at the same time he has resisted trying to adhere to the Hollywood stereotype by taking unexpected roles on Broadway, on Film and TV. I don't think he is relaxed at all so I agree with that but I think that is because he wants to prove to everyone that he is worthy of the incredible opportunity being in HP gave him and that is why he is endearing.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2014, kristen, november, stewart