How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-07-2013
backstage pass

^I don't think her style is what I would call normal. It's more hipsterish, I want to look like I don't care. I have a problem with the fact that this girl is beautiful, and she has a great body, she's just almost never wearing flattering clothes. It's ok not to be dressed up all the time, but at least wash your hair and buy a pair of jeans at your size.

Her style was not that bad back in 2008

20-07-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
The outfit she's wearing on the boat reminds me of something Leo would wear, hehe. I quite like her candid style. It's "normal". I hate seeing celebrities all dressed up when they are out running errands.
Well said! Kristen looks cute in her baggy costume & greasy hair

20-07-2013
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa-K View Post
^I don't think her style is what I would call normal. It's more hipsterish, I want to look like I don't care. I have a problem with the fact that this girl is beautiful, and she has a great body, she's just almost never wearing flattering clothes. It's ok not to be dressed up all the time, but at least wash your hair and buy a pair of jeans at your size.

Her style was not that bad back in 2008
Some ppl dont want to look good all the time. Nothing hipsterish about it, more just like a personality trait.

20-07-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
Some ppl dont want to look good all the time. Nothing hipsterish about it, more just like a personality trait.
that the whole i don't want to look "good"/i don't care about looking "good" has become a part of the whole hipster style. She had that attitude in her style/actions/words back in 2009/2010, but now it's too a whole new level with the ill fitting jeans, ripped shirts, "just rolled out of bed", didn't wash my hair look she has nowadays. Not for the better imo

21-07-2013
tfs star

Kristen arriving on the set of Camp X-Ray

Her body looks great in these little jean shorts.

kstewartnews.com

21-07-2013
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepykrista View Post
that the whole i don't want to look "good"/i don't care about looking "good" has become a part of the whole hipster style. She had that attitude in her style/actions/words back in 2009/2010, but now it's too a whole new level with the ill fitting jeans, ripped shirts, "just rolled out of bed", didn't wash my hair look she has nowadays. Not for the better imo
Well, who knows, maybe she uses the time she would have used on her hair to reading a book or being a good friend...so it's hard to say if it's for the best or not.

You know, in a world where physical perfection isn't all that matters.

30-07-2013
V.I.P.

Kristen Stewart - out in LA, July 28

superiorpics

30-07-2013
V.I.P.

Kristen Stewart out, July 29

kstewartfans lj

30-07-2013
V.I.P.

if I had that face I wouldnt care about my hair either
shes just so beautiful to me

30-07-2013
tfs star

Quote:
To be fair, sleepykrista did qualify that by saying that her appearance is an extension of her personality/actions. She doesn't exactly come across as a sweetheart in interviews.

Her publicist deserves all kind of medals for getting her in fashion magazines all the time. Women who have such distinct styles (whether one likes hers or not) wouldn't normally win Glamour's best dressed lists above the more polished Emma Watson or even Emma Stone.

30-07-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepykrista View Post
that the whole i don't want to look "good"/i don't care about looking "good" has become a part of the whole hipster style.
She's a total carbon print of a certain hipster style. The look at me I can make myself look like a tramp because but I'm so absolutely gorgeous that all the hot guys will still fall over hills with me. This is more than not making an effort, is making yourself look bad because you know that people will eventually still think you still look amazing.
It's pretty much what "Common People" by Pulp is about.

30-07-2013
V.I.P.

Awwww, I love her new puppy!

She looks really good in her glasses.

Fashion: Dont you recognize me? Death: You should know that I dont see very well and I cant wear glasses. Fashion: Im Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.abridged

31-07-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Well, who knows, maybe she uses the time she would have used on her hair to reading a book or being a good friend...so it's hard to say if it's for the best or not.

nope, it's also how you express yourself and treat people. Can't comment on how she treats people because I don't know (assuming no one here does), just commenting on how she expresses herself in her style by stating my opinion. that's all.

07-08-2013
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
She's a total carbon print of a certain hipster style. The look at me I can make myself look like a tramp because but I'm so absolutely gorgeous that all the hot guys will still fall over hills with me. This is more than not making an effort, is making yourself look bad because you know that people will eventually still think you still look amazing.
It's pretty much what "Common People" by Pulp is about.
Well, that is the result, yes. But I see more Kurt Cobain tha the Greek sculptress.

The constant complaints about her hipsterish look and what not is just so strange to me. Everyone without considerable chromosomal rearrangements can doll themselves up through various contortions to look quite attractive and well kept. But how many people can walk around like she does and still look so fantastic?

So why pretend, or hope, that she looks awful in her soggy outfits? She doesn't. For this brief moment in time she can do anything and still look delectable.

And it really is all for the better when you think of all that time that would have otherwise gone to grooming....what a waste.....Don't get me wrong....dressing up for a date or a party means something....but dressing up for hours because you are afraid of looking bad on pics of you at the gas station? A person who does that needs therapy.

07-08-2013
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterpeacock View Post
To be fair, sleepykrista did qualify that by saying that her appearance is an extension of her personality/actions. She doesn't exactly come across as a sweetheart in interviews.

Her publicist deserves all kind of medals for getting her in fashion magazines all the time. Women who have such distinct styles (whether one likes hers or not) wouldn't normally win Glamour's best dressed lists above the more polished Emma Watson or even Emma Stone.
Yes, of course. What a person says in a PR clip says very little about their personality. She is in the mags because she is very photogenic. That face does a lot for her.

I guess I'm in this thread mostly because I like raw beauty so I don't give much for the rehearsed and polished. Sure, it would be better if she also could give Janis Joplin-like interviews (original, humorous, boisterous, manic) but I guess you can't have everything.

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 07-08-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2014, kristen, november, stewart