How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-06-2011
rising star

Unfortunately I missed last sunday's show but Lara looks much better on TV than in the photos.

07-06-2011
rising star

Not that I hate her or anything but I cant believe she needs/has a stylist, a Harpers Bazaar creative director at that, to recreate looks I see of girls walking around Sydney all the time. Im not even emphasizing how normal for aussie girls her looks are. She just has money and has the designer labels and the hairdressers and makeup artists.

Oh and her looks like the Ellery dresses and Josh goot dresses, any event looks really where she is usually just wearing an aussie designer dress, I hope she didnt get a stylist to get those for her because they've always been dresses anyone can get a hold of and let's face it, its not like she's Blake Lively busy to find the time to get them for herself.

Im just pretty much raving how she has a stylist is all for styles the Olsens or whoever else in magazines have pretty much worn, and she gets praised for it.

09-06-2011
tfs star

^That's very true in Sydney-well in the city mainly-the girls basically dress the same with the brands available to them. I think having a magazine stylist just gives her style a more of a 'edge' or something
I'm not a big follower or anything but I like some of her outfits on her even though her style is something I usually detest however she seems like a genuinely nice person with a bad media rep. Speaking of which she's on the cover of Grazia with a shoot and interview.

12-06-2011
rising star

Lara Bingle - DWTS - Week 6
Lara and her partner did well again this week, coming second to Haley & Aric. However, from now on, it will become much harder as the remaining couples are all relative close.

Source: http://au.tv.yahoo.com/dancing-with-the-stars

20-06-2011
rising star

Lara Bingle - DWTS - Week 7
Firstly, an addition to my comment about week 6. While Lara and her partner scored high from the judges, when the TV audience votes were added in, they were in the bottom two. However, they did make it through to week 7.

Week 7 consisted of two dances, one individual and one group. When the two scores from the judges were added Lara and her partner were equal second. When the audience vote was added they again made it through to the next week.

Source: as above

26-06-2011
rising star

Lara's Last Dance
Week 8 of Dancing with the Stars unfortunately saw Lara and her partner eliminated. While getting a reasonably good score for her second dance, the judges gave Lara low marks for her first dance. Together with a low audience vote, that meant elimination. It was fun while it lasted.

Source: http://au.tv.yahoo.com/dancing-with-the-stars

29-06-2011
fashion icon

I couldn't stand the hair on dwts! its not a modelling comp it was a dancing comp. The hair looks great in still shots, but not in motion. The fact that she has her own personal hair stylist for the show (she didn't use channel 7's make up team), and still failed with the hair makes me . She could have done very well since she is pretty, but its not enough. She didn't take the comp seriously enough imo, I think she only went on for publicity, to maintain her relevance in the media.

the last dress she wore was a total cheap Givenchy copy, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it

Whats next for Lara now?

Last edited by Purpledinosaurxo; 29-06-2011 at 08:27 PM.
29-06-2011
backstage pass

i agree with todd Mckenney: "She seems to think the world owes her a living,"
(Sydney Confidential)

the hair was so distracting (maybe thats a good thing) on DWTS. i find it hard to understand why she actually has her own 'hair stylist'.... other than a couple of parties during fashion week she doesn't seem to be doing much. fair enough for those events she will go to that trusted person... but there is a difference between that and having a permanent hair stylist to go everywhere with you and not being able to use channel 7's own?

29-06-2011
fashion icon

^ I think her 'hair stylist' is her best friend

I think it is very disrespectful that she refused to use channel 7 stylists, I mean, if she wants to be taken seriously as a model then she has to get used working with different people. Even on magazine shoots she will only use her 'hair stylist'/best friend. She has a lot of potential, short girls are doing well now. This hairstylist guy is not that good anyway what gives...

fashion icon

guess who did the makeup for this shoot

All Photo’s: Patrick Mcgreal for StyleMeRomy.com
Makeup: Max May

stylemeromy

is he the only one allowed to touch her face/hair? She dosen't need so much attention on make-up, if she would smile more it would help her so much. She looks like such a diva when she does the fierce face (especially on dwts). She needs to smile and show Australia she is a warm person.

backstage pass

i think lara likes the idea of being famous enough of a 'model' to fly her own hair/makeup team aka. best friend with her all around the world for work (ie., all around sydney). in reality it just makes her seem like a diva without the resume to back it up.
lara, you are no more or less important than anyone else was on DWTS. im sure all the other females have people/friends they would have liked doing their own styling too...

i think she is a gorgeous girl. but i think she looks best when she is natural and sun kissed. too much contouring and dramatic makeup looks odd on her, as she has a 'round' face and it ends up looking clown-ish rather than edgy in a lot of cases. perhaps this makes her not suited to be a model...
im looking forward to see where she pops up next!

30-06-2011
fashion icon

^She is in the Morning Show on Channel 7 tomorrow

She is also writing a book on make-up and beauty. Bestseller perhaps

Last edited by Purpledinosaurxo; 30-06-2011 at 04:43 AM.
30-06-2011
backstage pass

haha yes i have heard about her coffee table book. she is after all the foremost opinion on fashion in aus. and her sunglasses line because no one has done sunglasses and bikini lines are cliche.
i might have to get up to watch that interview! love checking out her wardrobe.

30-06-2011
fashion icon

^ I forgot about the sunglasses line I will be buying them too

I think she needs to totally reinvent herself I mean, images of her wearing leather to the beach (in DWTS), and exercising in fur and leather (as seen in newspaper) don't help her cause. She needs to go to America or something, just to create a whole new image for herself. The who diva/supermodel/edgy look doesn't work for her as she has the hair of a beach babe. I would genuinely like to see her give another shot at modelling, but she needs to give us a break from her for a least 6 months, then come out of nowhere and wow us. She will never make it in television as she does not have much personality. Imo she is trying to make herself a style icon in Australia. I would like her to change the hair colour, that could be different.

backstage pass

i agree with everything you said. i think everyone is just a bit 'meh' about her atm... she has definitely lost that bikini babe wow factor.. and part of me is glad. i hope she will mature into different avenues but i think she just needs to stay out of the media and go off and work hard! you are right, her personality isnt made for tv. she is just the girl next door and there is nothing wrong with that.

i actually saw her out over xmas time in ny with a similar circle... my i was shocked out how... regular she was. i am 5'6 (on a good day haha) and she is definitely no taller than that. though i dont claim to know her, she looked happy and relaxed and not trying to be 'lara bingle style icon'. and it made her more attractive imo! i wonder how brown hair would look...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bingle, lara