How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-06-2012
V.I.P.

zimbio
[img]http://i48.************/u/f48/11/78/63/65/th/2012pu17.jpg[/img][img]http://i48.************/u/f48/11/78/63/65/th/2012pu18.jpg[/img][img]http://i48.************/u/f48/11/78/63/65/th/2012pu19.jpg[/img]

Actress Laura Linney attends the Public Theater 50th Anniversary Gala at Delacorte Theater on June 18, 2012 in New York City.

Last edited by alicia753; 19-06-2012 at 08:46 AM.

19-06-2012
V.I.P.

She goes with black and white/ivory a lot; very simple classic look though. Love her expression in the first picture.

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged
17-09-2012
V.I.P.

skyliving.com
Susan Sarandon and Laura Linney are a right pair of A-listers, but they act like anything but on a jaunt in Soho.

[img]http://i38.************/u/f38/11/78/63/65/th/celebs36.jpg[/img]

17-09-2012
V.I.P.

Love these two women! How cool to see them strolling together. Nice bag that Laura's carrying. Looks like maybe Jil Sander or Celine?

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 17-09-2012 at 02:41 PM.
03-11-2012
V.I.P.

celebrity gossip
[img]http://i48.************/u/f48/11/78/63/65/th/laura-11.jpg[/img][img]http://i48.************/u/f48/11/78/63/65/th/laura-12.jpg[/img][img]http://i48.************/u/f48/11/78/63/65/th/laura-13.jpg[/img]

Gotham - November 2012

With her new movie "Hyde Park on Hudson" set to hit theaters on December 7th, Laura Linney pitched in on promotions by covering the November 2012 issue of Gotham magazine.

The 48-year-old actress dressed up in designer items of the likes of Lorry Newhouse and CH Caroline Herrera for the Brain Bowen Smith shot front page while opening up about everything from keeping movie set memorabilia to her busy schedule.

A few highlights from Miss Linney's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Gotham!

On being away from home:
"I am, Iím all over the place. Iím on a press circuit, so I was in Telluride and Toronto then I went to North Carolina. My father [playwright Romulus Linney] passed away a year and a half ago, and his archive was opened at Appalachian State University; I went down and helped celebrate that. Then I go to Boston to do the intros to Masterpiece Classic, and then I start filming The Big C right after that."

On taking souvenirs from her movie sets:
"I do try to take one little thing. I have a tea cup from one movieÖ. Whenever I go to London, which is one of my favorite places to work, actually, I always go to the Buckingham Palace gift shop and buy one of those commemorative mugs, so I have my crazy collection, which I am very fond of. I do try and save a button or a piece of fabric, or every once in a while thereís a painting on the set that I take a shine to, and Iíll ask the production department if I can buy it. I have the ring that I wore in The Savages. You do want to be able to hold something because even though you can look at film and hold a piece of it in your hand, itís not tangible. Itís the experience that you want to keep a little bit with you."

On how she got to know her "Hyde Park on Hudson" character:
"My character, Margaret ďDaisyĒ Suckley, was a real person and fortunately for me, she lived to be [almost] 100 years old and her family home, Wilderstein, is a museum on the Hudson River. There are all these letters that she and Franklin D. Roosevelt exchanged, so you can certainly learn a lot from the letters and their back-and-forth, but more than anything, really what helped me was being able to go into her bedroom and see what she surrounded herself by. She woke up every morning to a lithograph portrait of FDR across from her bed. She slept in a little single bed, and next to that was a vitrine filled with little knickknack-y things that he had bought for her from around the world. Then on her bookshelf, there were a lot of books about health, mysticism, and largerthan- life characters like Napoleon. She was the one who gave FDR (his Scottish Terrier) Fala, which, for some reason, that blew my mind more than anything."

Hollywood Gossip

30-11-2012
front row

Very natural. thx for shareing all the pics.

15-01-2013
V.I.P.

dailymail.co.uk

Last edited by alicia753; 15-01-2013 at 05:03 PM.
15-01-2013
V.I.P.

zimbio
(L-R) Actor John Benjamin Hickey, Executive Producer Jenny Bicks, actress/Executive Producer Laura Linney and actress Gabourey Sidibe of "THE BIG C: hereafter" applaud to wish actor Oliver Platt a happy birthday onstage during the Showtime portion of the 2013 Winter TCA Tour at Langham Hotel on January 12, 2013 in Pasadena, California.

15-01-2013
V.I.P.

dailymail.co.uk

02-03-2013
V.I.P.

wenn.com
Premiere of 'The Revisionist' held at the Cherry Lane Theatre - Arrivals Featuring: Laura Linney Where: New York City, United States When: 28 Feb 2013

08-03-2013
V.I.P.

wenn.com
ANN Opening night at the Vivian Beaumont Theatre - Arrivals Featuring: Laura Linney Where: New York, NY, United States When: 07 Mar 2013

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
laura, linney