She looks good again!

12-02-2010
tfs star

I think her dress is very cute.

12-02-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess2008 View Post
Shes looking like a real life doll in miami.
I can't believe she was at Books & Books. I miss Miami

I'm not a fan of the dress for me, but on her she makes 70's prints work. She also reminds me a lot of Christine Taylor in these (facially) Marcia, Marcia, Marcia.

12-02-2010
V.I.P.

Her look in Miami reminds me of how she used to look in 2006... the dress is cute but I'm not a fan of her hair and shoes

Her makeup looks better on this tour because she's not using the fake tanning products

Quote:

Lauren Conrad Tops the Bestseller List – Again!

First came candy, and now it's lies – Sweet Little Lies, that is. Lauren Conrad's second book has topped the New York Times bestseller list.

"It's so gratifying for my second book to be so successful and it was so fun to write! The characters were already developed so I really enjoyed the process so much more this time around," Conrad tells PEOPLE. "All the characters have become like my friends now."

The second novel still follows the main character, Jane Roberts, a young reality star in Hollywood, but now with some experience under her belt, she sees some of the pitfalls of the fame game.

"I just sat in bed writing and it was the best process," says the former star of The Hills and Laguna Beach. "Who gets to work from home in their PJ's?"

Conrad, 24, who is promoting the novel on a book tour, braved the snowy East Coast weather. "It was like Planes, Trains & Automobiles," she jokes of traveling through the storm and enduring canceled flights.

"I'm just so thankful to my fans. Everyone is coming out to see me in the snow," she says. "I just can't believe it."

Sweet Little Lies follows her hugely successful debut novel, L.A. Candy which also topped the best seller list. Conrad's second novel in her three-book deal hit shelves earlier this month.
people.com

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill

13-02-2010
fashion icon

Lauren in Denver Colorado. She should wear her hair pulled back more often

from jtstitzer on The Purse Forum

13-02-2010
LOVE

I had no idea she has a book. That top is cute.

13-02-2010
fashion elite

Question : does she really write all those books by herself.Or does she gets any sort of help ?

13-02-2010
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady B View Post
Question : does she really write all those books by herself.Or does she gets any sort of help ?

From Lauren herself.

Quote:

Taking bits from your experience, was it therapeutic for you to write these books and put it all out there?

Conrad: Yeah, it actually really was! It’s definitely scaled back a bit because it’s written as a teen series, so I kind of PG-13 it (laughs). I toned a lot of things down. But I also didn’t want the book to be a complete downer so I tried to bring a little bit of humor to it. But, yes there is something very therapeutic about writing experiences similar to those you’ve been through.

What was the writing process like for you as whole, did you write at certain times of the day or did you just write whenever you felt creative?

Conrad:I was on a deadline, so I wrote whenever I could. One thing that was really nice was that it was so different from what I had been doing. I had spent so much time on television and whenever I was working I had to, you know, do full makeup and do my hair and try and put together outfits. Most of that book I wrote in my pajamas!

So that was really nice, I was like “I look awful right now and no one even knows!” It’s just great (giggles).
I also recall her saying the staff at her publisher HarperTeen helped guide her through the process of creating outlines and such. She's a new writer so that makes sense. Lauren strikes me as very honest. As much as people don't want to give her credit for the success of her novels, I don't see her lying about writing them.

13-02-2010
trendsetter

^ Well, obviously she won't say that she had some kind of help ( ghosts writers for example ) even if she had. It would be ridiculous.

13-02-2010
rising star

I wonder if she didn't do all the signings would it still go to number 1?

13-02-2010
we could have had it all

If there is a ghostwriter, he or she should be fired. Having read her first book, the material seems simple/basic enough for Lauren to have penned it herself.

I like her look in Denver, and agree with Zposen that her look in Miami was very Lauren circa 2006. When I first saw the pictures, I immediately thought she looked like she did when she was dating Jason.

13-02-2010
fashion elite

Thank you loladonna,gave you karma

13-02-2010
fashion icon

Her top is so cute!

13-02-2010
fashion insider

She looks GREAT from the waist up in that look... but that skirt is tacky and dated.

13-02-2010
fashion icon

I think her skirt is herve leger

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, 2010, conrad, june, lauren, lc, march