How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-04-2014
V.I.P.

her make-up is so fab !

22-04-2014
backstage pass

Leighton on the View today. Not great quality, but her outfit looks awesome and she is so sweet

23-04-2014
backstage pass

From Loulou June cover

ontd

23-04-2014
trendsetter

I don't think her current eyebrows work very well with her face.

But it's nice to see her around again.

23-04-2014
V.I.P.

making an appearance on The View on Tuesday (April 22) in New York City.

justjared.com

23-04-2014
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlyevil View Post
I don't think her current eyebrows work very well with her face.

But it's nice to see her around again.
I agree she can't pull off this kind of eyebrows.

I love that dress on the View.

backstage pass

Leighton Meester Takes James Franco's Advice About Not Reading Reviews Better Than James Franco Does

Quote:
Leighton Meester was busy last week. On Wednesday, she made her Broadway debut, alongside James Franco and Chris O’Dowd, in Of Mice and Men, and on Friday, her movie Life Partners premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival. Meester took a break to chat with VF Hollywood about James Franco’s advice about reading reviews, working with her husband, Adam Brody, and her chances of passing a One Direction quiz.

Is it cathartic to have opening night over with?

I didn’t know that it was going to feel any different, but it really was! It was like, well, now we’re open. Now we can experiment and just have a great time, and be relaxed.

This is your Broadway debut. What has the whole experience been like?

It was everything I wanted it to be. I came into it saying, listen, I’m here to learn, I'm here to grow, and I want to be part of this collaborative process. And I’m so lucky that I got to do it with amazing people, who are supportive, and warm, and kind, and friendly, and sensitive, and I’m humbled and thrilled to be part of it.

Working with James Franco and Chris O’Dowd, they seem to be very close even offstage. Can you comment on that?

Yeah, sure. I think that it’s necessary. [Laughs] It seems like these are two guys that in real life would probably be friends, inevitably, somewhere along the line anyway, just because of the business we’re in, and their senses of humor, and their talent, and their personalities. I have been in that position a million times, where you walk into something, and you’re sort of going to portray this deeply connected, long term friendship with somebody, and you just pray that the other person is going to be easy to do that with. And I think that they’ve, you know, met their matches.

Did you see James Franco’s tweet to the New York Times theater critic Ben Brantley?

Well, I don’t really know because James said, “You know, just for the next little while, since we have to live the parts, and do the show, it’s better not to read the reviews.” I think whether or not it’s good, it can still mess with your head, you know? So I'm trying to avoid it as long as I can. But I really very much admire James, and I think he’s really, really intelligent, and I think just think he’s doing an amazing job.

Life Partners, which is at the Tribeca Film Festival this week, is a female-driven comedy, with a female director. Do you sense any difference in working with a female director vs. a male?

You know, it’s not anything different as far as the female energy. It’s totally natural, it feels like an instant connection, and instant friendship. I think in the bigger picture, it’s really important to seek out projects that are directed by women, and encourage that because women are great artists, and we have a very special point of view. You see it in Of Mice and Men, you can see it in Life Partners, where everybody’s capable. Mice and Men is nine men on stage, so for Anna Shapiro to be able to handle all that, she’s incredibly strong.

In this movie, you are funny. And you’ve done comedies before. Do you think that’s something of a strong point for you, comedic acting?

I think it depends on the material, and definitely depends on the environment. This environment was very conducive to improvisation and just having fun. You know, the characters are close enough to ourselves that we can spin off, and make jokes, and kind of make fun of ourselves. And I think both of us, one way or another, have probably had relationships that mirror this on both sides.

You had a scene with Kate McKinnon, from SNL. Was she just totally hilarious?

She’s so funny. And she’s so, like, undercover hilarious. She comes in, and I didn’t know what to expect, but talk about improv chops; I mean, she is amazing. They could make a DVD of just her outtakes of funny, crazy, wild things. And I’m pretty sure the entire scene ended up being her improvisation.

You were already with Adam Brody, and you both ended up cast in this movie. How was it working together? Was there any awkwardness?

It’s the best! I only ever want to work with people that I love, that I'm friends with, and in this case a little bit of both. I’m biased, but it is true, he’s just fantastic in this. He’s so funny, and he got to play around so much, and he helped me a lot with alternate lines and stuff like that. You know, because he has a lot more experience with it, and he’s so sharp and smart.

When you met him, were you already familiar with his work? We all watched him on The O.C. Were you a fan when you first met him?

Well, I actually met him and worked with him four years ago, we did this movie called The Oranges together. So that’s kind of where I got to know him, and became more familiar with his work. So I didn’t know him before as well before. But I'm the worst person to ask about that stuff. I don’t know who’s who, what’s what. I’m a little bit better these days because I have a 14-year-old sister who is like, “Hello! That’s whatever his name is from One Direction!” So now I happen to know all five members’ names.

vanityfair.com

Last edited by SallyAlbright; 23-04-2014 at 11:57 PM.
28-04-2014
V.I.P.

(April 27) in New York City.

justjared.com

28-04-2014
V.I.P.

dailymail.co.uk

28-04-2014
backstage pass

Can anyone ID her coat or scarf? She looks great, so naturally gorgeous. Adam needs to get a new hoodie but they are still one of the cutest couples in Hollywood.

28-04-2014
V.I.P.

Oh, I really like that last outfit. Lovely coat and scarf combination. I came across some pictures of her arriving at the Life Partners premiere wearing the same coat.

hdutopia

28-04-2014
tfs star

She looks so fresh and chic in the candids walking with Adam. Love the coat, the scarf, the shoes, everything. One of the best outfits she's rocked in a while.

28-04-2014
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
She looks so fresh and chic in the candids walking with Adam. Love the coat, the scarf, the shoes, everything. One of the best outfits she's rocked in a while.
I think her style is better in NYC In LA she is soo laid back that it borders on her wearing her pajamas, as adorable as that is.

01-05-2014
backstage pass

Think there is any way she will attend the Met Gala this year? She has Mondays off from Broadway and she's living in the city. Then again, she's so private now. I would love to see her (and her handsome hubby) there!

01-05-2014
V.I.P.

That would be great. It's a chance to see her on the BIG red carpet.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
leighton, meester