How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-12-2006
bonjour antlers

Just saw Blood Diamond. The movie was... well, it's hard to explain how I feel about it. Very horrible and sad because it's a real thing that's happening.. so I understand the reason for violence, yet the movie lacked a kind of balance.. it was unbelievable at times. Leonardo was brilliant, though. I thought Jennifer Connelly was wrong for the part. I think it was the way she delivered her lines.. it was just off.

But anyways... if you want to see Leo with his shirt off, Leo sloshing through mud, and Leo grasping AK47's to his chest, then goooo see it.

11-12-2006
V.I.P.

Your last paragraph has convinced me

11-12-2006
V.I.P.

With reply to lostgirl, I think Leomania really really made him guarded. All his post Titanic interviews are very formal and you don't get to see him laugh or anything. To be honest, they are quite boring. But I can see why he is like that. Gisele may be the top girl in the modelling industry but she has never experienced that kind of mental attention. She is gregarious, fun and sweet and you can see it in her interviews. She is known to be one of the nicest girls in the industry for a reason and it is one of her strengths. Still there is no reason to assume he is not more outgoing in real life (as he was in his early interviews) and she is not more serious.

11-12-2006
V.I.P.

Oh I didn't mean to imply that at all. But professionally he seems to have found his passion in acting and he seems commited to it for the long haul. A talented actor is able to play roles at 30 and will be able to play roles (albeit different ones) at 60. Gisele as a model has a limited career span in that she won't likely be modeling underwear when she's 60. Accepting that is a reality which I think she faces and I get the sense that she's looking for something to throw herself into when her modeling career is over. She's trying a lot of things, but she's expressed having a family as definate desire. Leo, I'm sure would be private about that even if he were considering that since he faces a different level of scruteny, seems to be in a different place. It seems like she's looking for her passion in the long term and he's found it

11-12-2006
V.I.P.

He was just nominated for a Satalite Award for Best Actor for Blood Diamond

12-12-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostgirl
Oh I didn't mean to imply that at all. But professionally he seems to have found his passion in acting and he seems commited to it for the long haul. A talented actor is able to play roles at 30 and will be able to play roles (albeit different ones) at 60. Gisele as a model has a limited career span in that she won't likely be modeling underwear when she's 60. Accepting that is a reality which I think she faces and I get the sense that she's looking for something to throw herself into when her modeling career is over. She's trying a lot of things, but she's expressed having a family as definate desire. Leo, I'm sure would be private about that even if he were considering that since he faces a different level of scrutiny, seems to be in a different place. It seems like she's looking for her passion in the long term and he's found it
That is true. I think it is a shame that she is so wanting to have a family at this point in time because that seven year relationship is clearly blown out the water now. But if you look at her in videos with her six, or whatever number it is, sisters you kind of understand why she wants that. It really really seems idyllic. But I think if she had committed herself more to the causes he supports, she would have found some sort of fulfilment because how could anyone not? Still if I were Gisele Bundchen at 26, I would be working for my life's worth and hopefully she (and maybe they... I live in hope! ) will have all the time in the world later on.

12-12-2006
front row

Old pics (source: Folha online):

12-12-2006
front row

Source: giselebundchen.hpg.ig.com.br

14-12-2006
V.I.P.

Congrats to Leo who is diong quite well so far this awards season. He was nominated for two Satillite Awards: one for best actor for Blood Diamond and one for best supporting actor for The Departed. He was also nominated for Golden Globes both in the Best Actor catagory: one for the Departed and one for Blood Diamond

14-12-2006
fashion icon

I'm so glad he got nominated for the Departed. His performance was lovely..

dlg

17-12-2006
fashion elite

Two nominations in the Globes!!That's great by the way.

24-12-2006
tfs star

Do you guys know where I can find the vanity fair outtakes?

24-12-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby
Just saw Blood Diamond. The movie was... well, it's hard to explain how I feel about it. Very horrible and sad because it's a real thing that's happening.. so I understand the reason for violence, yet the movie lacked a kind of balance.. it was unbelievable at times. Leonardo was brilliant, though. I thought Jennifer Connelly was wrong for the part. I think it was the way she delivered her lines.. it was just off.

But anyways... if you want to see Leo with his shirt off, Leo sloshing through mud, and Leo grasping AK47's to his chest, then goooo see it.
This is all you had to say.

[and everytime she laughs. she hopes he's watching.
so he can fall for her smile. just as hard as she fell for his.]
<3

Last edited by johnnys_girl09; 24-12-2006 at 09:59 PM.

24-12-2006
V.I.P.

Leo just won a Satilite award for The Departed. He beat out himself (he was also nominated for Blood Diamond)

08-01-2007
trendsetter

It seems like he's only getting better with age. For such a pretty boy (ie. Total Eclipse, Titanic, Romeo+Juliet) I never thought I'd ever look at him and think he was rugged. Blood Diamond and Departed changed that image more that any of his previous movies had. What do you know, DiCaprio is a a badass lol - I like him dirty and saying f*** or f***in' every five seconds.

I hope he gets an Oscar this year he's really done some quality work.

some are vanity fair scans - Jan 2002
credit - dicaprio web
Attached Images
File Type: jpg normal_11.jpg (16.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg normal_1.jpg (15.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 82805_photoshoot3.jpg (11.6 KB, 319 views)
File Type: jpg normal_82805_photoshoot14.jpg (9.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg vanityfairjan021.jpg (40.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg vanityfairjan022.jpg (95.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg vanityfairjan023.jpg (53.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg vanityfairjan024.jpg (61.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg vanityfairjan025.jpg (104.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg normal_vanityfairjan027.jpg (27.2 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Hanne; 10-01-2007 at 04:38 AM. Reason: please see tfs guidelines - profanity

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2006, 2012, dicaprio, january, leonardo, october