How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-08-2009
V.I.P.

^ but she's working!

At this stage I couldn't care less if she turned up looking like Shrek, at least she's got a job. Which may possibly, possibly lead to some credibility...which may, perhaps! lead to her dragging herself of her big pit of mediocrity that she's been in for god knows how long...

(touch wood)

13-08-2009
V.I.P.

OK yeah but...she's in a movie called 'Machete'.

That just screams box office failure to me. It's a little step back onto the career path, maybe, just maybe, this is a BIG maybe, it will lead to other and more serious roles, but for the time being, I see her staying a B List Actress who has a magazine cover every other month.

She needs to get over Sam and start shopping at Maxfield's again. Get some glamour back in your life! Start wearing pretty heels and light dresses, summer's still here for a few more months, who knows how long this film role will take to shoot, but I doubt she'll be in Texas long.

Maybe she will, and in a week or so, like Boomer said, there will be pics of her passed out on a pool table at some 'Bro' bar on Sixth Street.

At this point, I will still watch her thread for her style, but she acts like an immature, selfish, stupid, spoilt brat.

14-08-2009
V.I.P.

yeh..."Machete" ...doesn't bode well does it?

at this point I'd say she's almost C list - she hasn't worked in so long, i'm suprised she's even calling herself an actress.

and i agree - lots of maybes attached to her.

14-08-2009
backstage pass

i think robert deniro's in it as well. not saying that has anything to do with her status as an actress, but i think that the film isn't that bad.

14-08-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetThemEatCake View Post
I dont care if that IS a costume for her 'sahara' character, she looks SO cheap and tacky. It's not even the tube top or hula skirt though, its that ratty hair. It looks really badly done. WHY do these 'actresses' who have money coming out their rear-end get such dollar-store looking extensions?

I agree. They want her to look like that on purpose?

14-08-2009
front row

^ have you seen charlize theron in monster?? ha clearly not comparing the movie to monster (which was unreal) or lohan to theron - but just saying yea sometimes people have to dress up like trash for a movie.... not too big of a stretch for lindsay but whatever... im still a fan and hope this movie turns out well for her

14-08-2009
tfs star

They're usually go crazy for Lindsay

14-08-2009
V.I.P.

Please remember that Lindsay Lohann has two threads at ~*The Fashion Spot*~

One is for her style (it is this one), and the second one is for all the other stuff (excluding drug and weight talk) http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f63...54219-245.html

It is appreciated if this distinction is maintained Thanks for your attention!

14-08-2009
backstage pass

i dont understand how ones lifestyle doesnt affect their style. positive comments are doled on on stars that are healthy, ie, they look so happy, healthy, beaming, etc, but when a persons bad habits affect their style, its no longer a style comment?

i understand expounding on what they did to get there, yes, it belongs in the rumors thread, but, saying her lifestyle lead to her ill-looking image, is certainly style related. imo, of course. image and style are related, in my opinion.

anyway, im hoping for some cute candids to end this debacle. by the looks of it, theyre not filming yet. give it a week or 2, and we'll see something camera worthy.

14-08-2009
front row

I actually really like Lindsay's style, kind of just rolled out out bed, rockstar chic, I love that 70s look she has, I wish I could pull it off.

14-08-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikita View Post
anyway, im hoping for some cute candids to end this debacle. by the looks of it, theyre not filming yet. give it a week or 2, and we'll see something camera worthy.
Trust me- everyone in Austin will have their camera phones at the ready!!

14-08-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanee View Post
I actually really like Lindsay's style, kind of just rolled out out bed, rockstar chic, I love that 70s look she has, I wish I could pull it off.
i usually like her style too. sometimes, the leggings arent so bad, as long as they arent 45 days in a row. the bad tan has to go. if its the lights of the camera, then ffs she knows that by now. i mean, she is hugely photographed. she cant *not* know how bad it looks under the lights. shes makes her living off of these pap pics (at least for now), so, to say the lights are skewing reality is ridic. she knows what she looks like in pictures. but she doesnt want to live her life in pictures? then, dont be an "actress."

im calling for her hair up in a ponytail and a scrubbed face. i bet it would make waves. along with some jeans.

Last edited by nikita; 14-08-2009 at 07:08 AM.

14-08-2009
V.I.P.

Lindsay Lohan stepping out in Los Angeles - August 13, 2009

celebrity-gossip.net

14-08-2009
V.I.P.

Hate those flats, the rest of the outfit is cute though.

14-08-2009
i am not a robot

'Machete' is a pretty big movie by the sounds of it and she's obviously meant to look like trash. So I don't get the criticism.

And LetThemEatCake, I really don't think there's anything wrong with Lindsay embracing a more "butchy" style and it feels like anti-lesbian for you to want her to dress completely girly all the time (although I'm sure that's not what you meant). She's obviously been discovering herself a lot more recently.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, january, lindsay, lohan, october