How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
While most of us have donned more than a few outfits we'd rather not be reminded of, there's a rare breed of skilled dressers who are almost immune to sartorial slip-ups. Just take Liv Tyler, the subject of this month's Style Spotlight, for example. We imagine the actress doesn't experience sartorial woes often, given that she simply never gets it wrong when it comes to fashion. Whether she's going for all-out glamour on the red carpet or a classic look on the streets, she has a knack for choosing utterly stylish pieces that perfectly flatter her enviable figure. Besides watching for the release of her next movie-the sci-fi indie flick Robot and Frank, which comes out next year-we'll be anxiously awaiting even more chic appearances from the lovely Tyler in the near future. For now, we hope you enjoy some of her best ensembles as much as we do!

When looking at Tyler's repertoire, it's clear that she's truly mastered the art of streamlined dressing. She's restrained in a thoughtful way, an ethos that is applied to both the clean silhouettes she picks, as well as the way she stocks her closet. "I have started to shop less, only buying pieces that are classic and will last me a very long time," she says, revealing a minimalist attitude worth appreciating. We adore the way she executes these uncluttered looks, like the outfit she wore to The Ledge after-party in New York this summer (top row, right). Our style subject looked ravishing in a sleek Stella McCartney frock and Christian Louboutin heels, plus we love her vivid orange lip, which created a fantastic contrast against the electric blue dress. We're also crazy about the unfussy ensemble she wore to a party celebrating Target's five-year anniversary of the GO International collections in New York earlier this year (bottom row, right). For the event, Tyler chose an Opening Ceremony pleated frock (it reminds us of a grown-up version of her skirt in Empire Records) and accessorized with a Miu Miu bag and Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony boots. Of course, Tyler is equally adept at constructing classic outfits for daytime, as demonstrated by the ensemble she wore out and about in New York last month (large image, far right). We fully approve of her always-in-style combination of a Marc Jacobs trench coat, Proenza Schouler striped top, Rag & Bone's Zipper Jeans ($198), and Lanvin ballet flats-it's a truly great, go-anywhere look!

Now, our spotlighted style maven doesn't always reach for timeless classics-au contraire! We've spotted Tyler in a couple noteworthy ensembles that show off a bit of her edgier side too! First up is the can't-miss photo-print dress she wore to the Givenchy S/S 12 show in Paris earlier this week, a visually intriguing piece from said house's S/S 12 menswear collection (top row, right). Interestingly enough, this isn't the first time Tyler's scoured the men's department-remember her amazing Rottweiler shirt, also by Givenchy? We're also head-over-heels for the way she spiced up all-noir pieces at the after-party for Friends with Benefits in New York this summer (bottom row, left). She opted for a Givenchy blazer, Proenza Schouler top, Opening Ceremony Cut Out Skirt ($60), and Lanvin bag, but it was the way she showed off a hint of skin with a sheer top and punched up the whole look via canary yellow heels that made this an outfit to remember.

If you are a fan of Liv Tyler's supremely chic approach to dressing, then you'll be thrilled to know we found a bevy of must-have pieces to ensure putting together likeminded looks is a breeze. First things first: clean, streamlined silhouettes are a key part of Tyler's wardrobe, so we'd like to direct you to Eli Tahari's Evette Sleeveless Stretch Sheath Dress ($348), which has a sultry, body-skimming silhouette like Tyler's Stella McCartney pick and is great for a cocktail party. If you'd prefer a less body-conscious choice, Rachel Zoe's Cap Sleeve Back Dress ($325) and Tiby's Tweedy Cap Sleeve Dress ($398) are both investment-worthy picks; just be sure to style either frock with a pair of opaque tights and lace-up wedge boots, like Deena & Ozzy's Leather Cutout Wedge Boots ($129), for a Tyler-approved fall ensemble. Additionally, we recommend snagging a camel coat pronto, like AK Annie Klein's Long Double Breasted Hooded Coat ($250) or J. Crew Encore Cotton-Twill Trench Coat ($400), as it's a wardrobe essential that never goes out of style!

If you're interested in more experimental outfits, we have a few Tyler-like picks for you as well! To recreate her black-on-black sheer moment, try either Robert Rodriguez's Beaded Silk Blouse ($275) or Alexander Wang's Sheer Sport Shirt ($450) with a slim skirt (we happen to like her exact Opening Ceremony pick or Halogen's Ponte Knit Pencil Skirt ($59), which is a more affordable option). Next, to liven up your all-noir look, follow in Tyler's footsteps and incorporate a brightly colored heel-Topshop's Rococo Crossover Strap Sandals ($110) should do the trick! Finally, if you're looking to turn heads, definitely don't miss Tibi's Rococo Print Silk Twill Cap Sleeve Dress ($462), which features an abstract photo print that is sure to get a lot of attention this season and give you that Liv Tyler-inspired look!-Erin Fitzpatrick
whowhatwear.com

08-10-2011
V.I.P.

Adds/HQs - Leaving her Hotel London - 05/10/11

tlfan

10-10-2011
backstage pass

In her case it's not important what she wears. She is pure goodness. A true icon for late 20/early 30 years old women.

24-10-2011
V.I.P.

8th October in Iceland:

New picture:

lovelylivtyler, skyliving

24-10-2011
V.I.P.

Lovely pictures!
Posted via Mobile Device

24-10-2011
V.I.P.

What was she doing in Iceland? Was it for work or vacation?

24-10-2011
V.I.P.

Liv really does have fantastic style on and off the carpet. I wonder how much of it is because of Rachel Zoe. She did mention Liv this season on her show so they must still be working together.

24-10-2011
V.I.P.

^
I think Liv have allways dressed the same...I can be wrong...
anyway, Rachel Zoe would propably put her in boho dresses and bug-sunglasses.
she dresses her clients same way she dresses herself.

25-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna-maria View Post
anyway, Rachel Zoe would propably put her in boho dresses and bug-sunglasses. she dresses her clients same way she dresses herself.
But not really anymore if you think about it. Anne, Jen, Cam, Demi, Kate and Liv don't dress like her at all or like each other. The days of the Zoebots are over thank god.

25-10-2011
V.I.P.

It's so weird because she looks nothing like a Rachel Zoe client. She never looks overly styled. I saw one of the episodes to Zoe's shows and Liv was walking around picking the pieces that she liked. She seems to know what she wants which is why Zoe plays more as a clothes messenger to her. Otherwise she wouldn't have access to much designers outside of Givenchy and Stella McCartney.

But I guess as Label_Basher said, the days of Zoebots are over! But they all still have a certain look (except for our Liv, of course).

Last edited by LolaSvelt; 25-10-2011 at 04:32 AM.

26-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
In New York (23rd October 2011).

lovelylivtyler

26-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post
But not really anymore if you think about it. Anne, Jen, Cam, Demi, Kate and Liv don't dress like her at all or like each other. The days of the Zoebots are over thank god.
i must say that Jen, Cameron etc. (except Liv!) kind of dress the same way! Rachel is not such a talented stylist.
Liv have her own thing going on.

Quote:
Originally posted by LolaSvelt

It's so weird because she looks nothing like a Rachel Zoe client. She never looks overly styled. I saw one of the episodes to Zoe's shows and Liv was walking around picking the pieces that she liked. She seems to know what she wants which is why Zoe plays more as a clothes messenger to her. Otherwise she wouldn't have access to much designers outside of Givenchy and Stella McCartney.
I HOPE SO!

27-10-2011
V.I.P.

I hope so too! Liv, stay real. Gosh she has great legs, in the lace tights and the skinny jeans, no matter what.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

01-11-2011
V.I.P.

Waving a taxi in New York City - 31/10/11

tlfan

03-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Liv Tyler attends Bebe Buell's performance at the Hiro Ballroom at The Maritime Hotel on October 12, 2011 in New York City.

Quote:
Liv Tyler attends the "Rampart" New York premiere at Landmark's Sunshine Cinema on November 1, 2011 in New York City.

New candid:

zimbio, skyliving

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, february, liv, tyler