How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-01-2008
V.I.P.

Lizzy Caplan

Elizabeth Anne Caplan (born June 30, 1982) is an American actress. She is best known for her roles in the CBS show The Class, in the 2004 film Mean Girls, and the 2008 film Cloverfield.
Contents

* 1 Biography
o 1.1 Early life
o 1.2 Career
o 1.3 Personal life
* 2 Filmography/television
* 3 References
* 4 External links

[edit] Biography

Early life

Caplan was born in Los Angeles, California and grew up in a Reform Jewish family.[1] She attended Alexander Hamilton High School in Los Angeles where she starred in such productions as Much Ado about Nothing and You Can't Take It with You.

Career

Caplan began her television acting career in 1999, when she played the minor role of Sara on the short-lived series Freaks and Geeks. She had a series of guest appearances on other shows, and has been a guest on Sharon Osbourne's talk show. Lizzy also appeared in Jason Mraz's music video for You and I Both. Another of her major television characters came on Smallville. She debuted on that show on November 6, 2001, playing "freak of the week" Tina Greer on the episode "X-Ray". She reprised her role on the show on January 14, 2003, in the episode "Visage." For two episodes she also appeared on the series, Once and Again, as a girl named Sarah, playing an ex-girlfriend of Katie Singer (Mischa Barton).Season 3 of this show starred Mischa Barton and Evan Rachel Wood.

Although she was already an experienced actress, she gained much notice in the 2004 movie Mean Girls, where she played alternative styled girl Janis Ian, named for singer-songwriter Janis Ian. In 2003, she starred in the television series The Pitts, playing Faith Pitt. In the second season of Tru Calling, she played Avery Bishop, a friend of Tru Davies.

Caplan landed a starring role in 2005, playing Marjee Sorelli, the troubled sister in Related, a one-hour dramedy on The WB. The show was cancelled after one season. In 2006, Caplan played the starring role of "Sara Weller" in Wesley Strick's thriller, Love is the Drug. And after Related ended, Caplan was cast in the CBS sitcom The Class, which premiered on September 18, 2006 and lasted one season. The final episode aired March 5, 2007.

Caplan also, along with Jason Ritter, presented a People's Choice Award for Favourite Soundtrack From a Movie, in January 2007.

On May 16, 2007, the CBS sitcom The Class was announced as officially canceled. The Class was taped in front of a live studio audience in Burbank, California on Stage 24, the same soundstage that popular sitcom Friends was filmed on. Lizzy along with her co-star Heather Goldenhersh appeared on the talk show The View in early 2007.

Lizzy has recently appeared in the J.J. Abrams project, Cloverfield, where she plays Marlena Diamond. She is currently filming the romantic comedy My Best Friend's Girl where she plays Ami, the room mate of Kate Hudson's character Alexis, which is due out in 2008. She is also lending her voice to the character of Faith Pitt, in the animated version of her canceled tv show The Pitts in 2009.

Personal life

Caplan resides in the Hollywood Hills, with some roommates. She has a cat named Lisa Turtle, which she named after her favorite character on Saved By The Bell. She dated Friends star Matthew Perry in 2006 after she was introduced to him by fellow Friends star Matt LeBlanc, who was dating her Class castmate Andrea Anders.

Filmography/television
Year Title Role Notes
2008 My Best Friend's Girl Ami (post-production)
Cloverfield Marlena Diamond film
2007 American Dad Debbie (voice)
2006 Crashing Jacqueline film
The Class Kat Warbler TV Series
Love is the Drug Sara Weller film
2005 Tru Calling Avery Bishop TV Series
Related Marjee Sorelli TV Series
2004 Mean Girls: Only the Strong Survive Herself Home Video
Mean Girls Janis Ian film
You and I Both Herself Music Video by Jason Mraz
2002 Hardcore Action News Lizzy Lions film
Everybody's Doing It Angela Television Movie
Smallville Tina Greer TV Series
Orange County Party Girl film
2000 From Where I Sit Lilly Television Movie
Freaks and Geeks Sara TV Series

Source: Wikipedia

22-01-2008
V.I.P.

Lizzy Caplan at Cloverfield premiere video

4 MB = 16 Sec

http://rapidshare.com/files/85617278...d_premiere.avi

22-01-2008
front row

Here is a new pic of Lizzy at the Cloverfield premiere a few days ago!!

Just Jared

Last edited by fashionspot2000; 22-01-2008 at 02:57 PM.
22-01-2008
front row

Here are some random pictures that I've found:

Wire Image

V.I.P.

Wow she's actually really pretty. I found myself for a few minutes asking myself who she was in Mean Girls... Her style is a little all over the place though.

02-04-2008
V.I.P.

Lizzy Caplan @ "Cloverfield" press conference in Tokyo, Japan, April 2

celebutopia

05-01-2009
girl who fell to earth

random little bump... but lindsay was also in true blood this year

07-09-2009
trendsetter

It's so funny that she was Janice in mean girls because she is GORGEOUS! i'm watching season 1 of true blood right now and she is just so beautiful and i am totally envious of her body...

15-09-2009
windowshopping

I looove Lizzy

12-10-2011
V.I.P.

I think her turn in the series Party Down deserves a mention here. Love that series and her in it. Hilarious.

V.I.P.

Just went looking for streetstyle and red carpet shots of Lizzy. She's beautiful but her clothes are either boring or downright bad. Still love her though!

V.I.P.

A link to prove my point: http://gallery.lizzy-caplan.com/index.php?cat=49

V.I.P.

Quote:
Director/writer Leslye Headland, actresses Lizzy Caplan, Kirsten Dunst, Isla Fisher and Rebel Wilson pose for a portrait during the 2012 Sundance Film Festival at the Getty Images Portrait Studio at T-Mobile Village at the Lift on January 22, 2012 in Park City, Utah.

getty from Kirsten Dunst thread

14-03-2012
V.I.P.

Sundance Portrait HQs

celebutopia.net from Kirsten Dunst thread

14-03-2012
V.I.P.

Actors Lizzy Caplan and Kirsten Dunst attend Sheets Energy presents BCDF Sundance Cocktail Party at Stella Artois by Ally B during the 2012 Sundance Film Festival on January 22, 2012 in Park City, Utah.

gettyimages from Kirsten Dunst thread

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
caplan, lizzy