How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-03-2009
trendsetter

i really like her style! plus she is really pretty!

21-03-2009
trendsetter

oh my... i wish i was in paris still.

scenester

Quote:
My favorite black thing is the LBD, nothing in particular, but a black dress in general. Ever since Coco Chanel's style influence in the 1920s, the little black dress is no longer considered for mourning or as a bad sign, but it's a symbol of freedom and the liberation of women. From then on, its popularity spread rapidly, thanks to its graphic elegance and sobriety. For me, the little black dress is an homage to Edith Piaf, who made it her stage ensemble. She is the incarnation of strength, mystery, with a touch of drama. A black dress can stand on its own. More than a piece of clothing, it is a costume.
credit: solongasitsblack

28-03-2009
V.I.P.

She has such great style. Love the Red Coat on her

scenester

credit: facebook, stylesightings

01-04-2009
scenester

ny times

01-04-2009
V.I.P.

ok this is seriously official ...
this thread is becoming the 'Star Style' ....
geez that's really annoying ...

what this girl has to do with fashion magazines or anything realted to fashion production - i'm sorry she has to go to Star Style (geez I knew I should apply to the moderators thingy) ?
she's a copy/paster of press files and art history lessons ... She gives no analysis (but is this really a problem ? not really - though for an art director that's what you expect !) and speak of nothing unexpected (this is a problem when you write on a blog and have some columns in a 'small' magazine - where you can basically say whatever you want) ...

i've already read her blog, i'm back listening to my teachers ....
this is true that she has pretty un-expected (or is it very expected, i don't know) tastes for a young girl ... but seriously ... when you write on a blog ... is this to make a class (people can still open a book and read) ? share your opinions (i do think so) and tastes (i do think so) ... BUT GIVE ENVY to read ! and not just to look at stylish pictures ....

I'm over those girls ...

(oh and i'm really tired right now ... so maybe i'm being a tiny hard on her )

01-04-2009
scenester

I totally understand that you can dislike her writing but this is a style thread!

When starting this thread I asked if this could be under the behind the lens thread and no one seemed to be put off by it. She is art director and editor of a magazine, maybe for you it's a small one but it seems to be quite famous and she is attenting all the Paris fashion weeks, I checked before starting the thread. I don't know her in real life but I checked before starting this thread and she's not just a columnist. You can unlike her writing but I don't think we should move this to "star style".

Last edited by bobbybegood; 01-04-2009 at 04:56 PM.
01-04-2009
V.I.P.

^she's attending fashion shows because she has a good style, non ? not sure this is because she writes about art ...
if every PR should invite every art critics (far from being her status, IMO) or curators the rows would be fuller than they actually are ...

and i'm not a mod' for sure ... but this is not star style here so we can discuss something else than her style - unless, tfs changed their rules - so if i think her art reports are bad, i can tell it ! once again who am i to judge ? moreover i'm bad at writing ... but i pretty know my subject and i'm sorry she's just boring as an art editor ...

and in this headline :
Quote:
Photographers and their photography, Editors/Stylists, Hairstylists and Make Up Artists.
i've never seen highschool-art-journalist (because this is her level, though she could be at l'ecole du louvre or have done hypokhagne, i wouldn't even care) style in this headline ...
sorry !

once again i have nothing against her ... it's just i think this thread doesn't belong here ...

02-04-2009
scenester

I never said you weren't allowed to not like her writing, I was just defending her as a journalist considering her status. Does it mean that because you don't like her writing, she is not a journalist even though she works for a magazine?

Sorry I don't want to have an argument

04-04-2009
fashion icon

I really like her style.

She is very young, what does her position entail at Dirrty Glam?

22-05-2009
scenester

She's in charge of the Arts & Culture part of the magazine. She's doing reviews of the arts expositions in Paris and writes about the link between art and fashion.

23-05-2009
fashion icon

Thank you Do you have any examples of her writing about art and fashion? I had a look at her blog and there wasn't much.

23-05-2009
earthbound

I'm curious to see examples of her work too!

25-05-2009
scenester

She's the daughter of IFM (Institut Français de la Mode) headmistress... It opens doors...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ebel, louise