How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-11-2004
I love model_mom!

Maria Sharapova (November 2004 - November 2010)
November 7, 2004 -- Teen tennis phenom Maria Sharapova has signed another major endorsement deal — this time with Canon — and more deals are imminent.
The multiyear, multimillion-dollar agreement with the camera maker, which includes a print and TV campaign as well as events and appearances, is set to be announced Monday.

Sources told The Post that this is the first of several announcements in the coming weeks for the picture-perfect Sharapova.

Canon, which also sponsors the U.S. Open, marks her third major endorsement since she burst onto the tennis scene this summer.

Advertisers have been lining up for Sharapova, who at age 17 defeated defending champion Serena Williams and became the third-youngest player to win Wimbledon.

Her surprising victory and striking presence have led marketers to predict that she could become one of the richest sports celebrities, on par with Tiger Woods and David Beckham.

As if that weren't enough, her life is the classic rags-to-riches story of a Russian father who came to the U.S. with his daughter and just $700 to his name.

Sharapova, who is ranked seventh in the world, clinched her first post-Wimbledon endorsement with Motorola for between $4 and $5 million.

Her title also helped her land a deal for a perfume that will bear her name. The perfume line is expected to premiere before the end of the year.

Sharapova already had smaller endorsement deals with Nike clothing and Prince racquets, and a modeling gig with IMG, whose roster includes Tyra Banks and Heidi Klum.

Aside from Sharapova's appeal, the glamour and exclusivity of tennis is attracting sponsors who might not be attracted to football and other sports.

Marketing execs predict she is a natural to sell credit cards, cosmetics and cars.

_________________________________________in FOUR MONTHS since wimbledon maria has signed multi million $$ deals & become one of IMGs most successful models. at 17 she is compared to becks & tiger - 2 of the richest and most famous sports celebs in the world- both at least a decade older than 17 yr old maria.

09-11-2004
V.I.P.

the kid behind her is so cute
she's very pretty, her story is impressive, thanks for posting

09-11-2004
princely

wow.. hot and rich. what a combo

09-11-2004
V.I.P.

She is too boring-pretty for my taste.

09-11-2004
*Addict_to_Fashion*

09-11-2004
*Addict_to_Fashion*

09-11-2004
*Addict_to_Fashion*

09-11-2004
*Addict_to_Fashion*

09-11-2004
*Addict_to_Fashion*

09-11-2004
*Addict_to_Fashion*

09-11-2004
*Addict_to_Fashion*

09-11-2004
*Addict_to_Fashion*

09-11-2004
fashion insider

her face is plain but her body is as good as a models'. does anyone know her measurements and height/weight?

09-11-2004
rising star

i don't find her appealing. she does have the body and height for it but her face is just such a turn off. she has a natural pout that makes her look like shes scowling and angry and there's nothing about her look that just jumps out at me, extremely homely looking. although a very impressive tennise player indeed.

09-11-2004
trendsetter

To me she looks like Karolina + Hana.

At least she is a very good tennis player, unlike that other model-y tennis "star."

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2010, maria, november, sharapova