Marion Cotillard - Page 5 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-05-2017
V.I.P.

hollywoodreporter

V.I.P.

Madame Figaro May 19th, 2017

The New Life of Marion Cotillard
Model: Marion Cotillard
Photography: Domnique Issermann
Styling: Julie Gillet
Hair: Wendy Iles
Make-Up: Christophe Danchaud
Manicure: Edwige Llorente

awake-smile.blogspot

22-05-2017
V.I.P.

Marion Cotillard attends the Chopard Trophy photocall at Hotel Martinez on May 22, 2017.

zimbio.com
Quote:
London Up-and-Comer Michael Halpern Just Scored a Major Red Carpet Win on Marion Cotillard in Cannes

It’s been a big year for Michael Halpern, who just recently graduated from Central Saint Martins and staged his first-ever fashion show—but it’s about to get bigger. Just a few minutes ago, Marion Cotillard hit the Cannes Film Festival red carpet in a dazzling multicolored sequined look that he made especially for her; it’s based on a look from Halpern’s debut Fall ’17 collection, and qualifies as his first major red carpet moment. In case you aren’t familiar with Cotillard’s inimitable work and style, this is a very big deal.

“Marion is such a phenomenal actress, so when the opportunity arose to dress her, it was just a dream,” Halpern tells Vogue. “Since it’s Cannes, we both wanted high glamour, and the sequined bustier and trousers combination seemed perfect. She’s incredible, humble, and, of course, gorgeous.” Cotillard has the rare ability to wear almost anything and still look like herself, but perhaps she’s in the mood for a little disco. Studio 54, a major touchstone for Halpern, recently celebrated its 40th anniversary, and we wouldn’t be surprised if more celebs turn to him for groovy, sexy getups reminiscent of that era. Watch this space for more news on Halpern and the Cannes red carpet.
vogue.com

Last edited by Yohji; 22-05-2017 at 06:34 PM.
22-05-2017
fashion insider

Finally, something I don't hate! Don't like the sheer parts but she looks good.

23-05-2017
V.I.P.

70th Anniversary Photocall - The 70th Annual Cannes Film Festival, May 23

zimbio

23-05-2017
V.I.P.

Marion Cotillard attends the 70th Anniversary of the 70th annual Cannes Film Festival at Palais des Festivals on May 23, 2017 in Cannes, France.

zimbio.com

23-05-2017
V.I.P.

oh boy...

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
24-05-2017
V.I.P.

Marion Cotillard attends the 70th Anniversary of the 70th annual Cannes Film Festival at Palais des Festivals on May 23, 2017 in Cannes, France.

zimbio

Wearing Armani Privé

24-05-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HodanChloe View Post
She might have been dropped
Yikes, I did pick up that she wasn't mentioned at all in Maria's Dior documentary (only Charlize)! Most likely Natalie was dropped as well. Maybe it's all for the best, let Charlize and Bella wear Maria's atrociously bad Valentino-lite creations. Now she can go back to John at Margiela, he's the one who kickstarted her Dior contract anyway (not marketing!).

So no more Dior, but still, what's happening with her RC style? These last two looks are too busy and lacks refinement.

24-05-2017
V.I.P.

Love On The Rocks Photocall Party at Eden Roc in Cap d’Antibes, May 23

celebmafia

fashion insider

Oh boy. This is so sad, I used to love everything she wore

24-05-2017
V.I.P.

how stylists - if that's what this situation is - can take a beautiful woman and dress her unfittingly over and over again is beyond me. it's similar to elizabeth olsen. but it also stems from stars being "linked" with a particular label/designer - like michelle williams - that doesn't suit them. they end up stuck in an endless loop.

actresses should SPREAD THEIR WNGS fashion-wise. wear MANY designers. wear what suits THEM as a female person. as we saw with elle fanning at cannes, who's worn mcqueen, westwood, gucci, etc, or nicole kidman, who's also been open-minded about fashion, variety really is the spice of life. it's fine if someone makes a mistake on the red carpet. i actually LIKE it in our PR-obsessed judgey world.

but it makes me sad to see marion in awful outfit after awful outfit. she could be wowing us right now, so i am not sure what's going on........ sorry for the rant.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
24-05-2017
fashion elite

I kinda like this not-so successful line of outfits. She has been dropped by Dior and she is experimenting.
Prada should ride into the occasion...
I guess the next couture week will be an indication on which brand she'll choose.

I don't know if she still has good relationship with the people from LVMH but i can see her for Givenchy even if i believe that she will be closer to Chanel now. The bag she carried when arriving in Cannes was a Chanel from the cruise collection.

I would love to dress her if i was a stylist! Couture Everyday, from Chanel to Alaia and from Ronald Van Der Kemp to Versace!

24-05-2017
tfs star

It's like she is liberating herself from the Dior days. I always feel like she's has this rebel sensibility which is why she rocked some of these outfits. I'll give her a free pass and I'm sure she will fine tune her style soon.

24-05-2017
V.I.P.

Wearing Self Portrait

thefashioncourt tw

Tags
cotillard, marion