Marion Cotillard (January 2013-November 2016) - Page 10 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-03-2013
V.I.P.

I seem to remember her style hitting an all-time low during Galliano's last years at Dior. The clothes didn't suit her and his collections seemed to get worse and worse. Oh, and Bill Gaytten wasn't exactly great, either. I think Raf Simons' aesthetic suits Marion a lot. It's sleek and clean, which I think is the style that suits her best. Sure I loved the quirky pre-Dior Cotillard that wore Chanel and Gaultier, but we have to accept that that period is over. Plus I'm sure I read on here that she styles herself, so she must personally love the clothes she is wearing and that's what really should matter.

As for the other ladies, I don't think Kunis is even one of the faces of Dior any more (and apart from the dress here and there, I don't think her red carpet style is particularly great) and Lawrence wears Dior just as much as Cotillard (both wore Dior to the important events and other designers for talk shows during award season). Charlize Theron does the same.

03-03-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
Sure I loved the quirky pre-Dior Cotillard that wore Chanel and Gaultier, but we have to accept that that period is over.
Agreed. I may not be as big of a fan of her style now as I was then, but the complaints about it years later are a little much. It doesn't look like she's going to go back to that.

04-03-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlyevil View Post
Agreed. I may not be as big of a fan of her style now as I was then, but the complaints about it years later are a little much. It doesn't look like she's going to go back to that.
Thank you! I'm in agreement with nearly everyone about her pre-2008 style, I think we all love it, but the same comments keep cropping up every time she wears Dior. Her style is not going to change any more than it has in the last 5 years. Time to let it go....

04-03-2013
front row

While I sort of agree that Marion's style has changed and there's nothing anyone can do about it, it seems a bit strange and unwarranted to tell people to "move on". Like, this is TFS. In a place where people come to discuss fashion and the style of celebrities, it's perfectly understandable that some here are disappointed in how Marion's style has changed over the past years, and it's perfectly acceptable to express that disappointment as long as the same people aren't repeating themselves over and over and over.

04-03-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineJane View Post
While I sort of agree that Marion's style has changed and there's nothing anyone can do about it, it seems a bit strange and unwarranted to tell people to "move on". Like, this is TFS. In a place where people come to discuss fashion and the style of celebrities, it's perfectly understandable that some here are disappointed in how Marion's style has changed over the past years, and it's perfectly acceptable to express that disappointment as long as the same people aren't repeating themselves over and over and over.
That's exactly what's happening though.

21-03-2013
V.I.P.

DIOR 'LADY DIOR' S/S 2013 AD CAMPAIGN
Marion Cotillard by Jean-Baptiste Mondino
Source: glossynewsstand.com

21-03-2013
backstage pass

^^ wow, the second picture would have been so much better without the heavy photoshop

21-03-2013
V.I.P.

stunning, she looks so elegant here!

21-03-2013
V.I.P.

love the colours but i'm not blown away

22-03-2013
V.I.P.

Bigger pics and new ones from Lady Dior ads campaign by Jean-Baptiste Mondino
Source: striketwoposes.com

22-03-2013
V.I.P.

The quintessential Dior woman..

22-03-2013
fashion insider

She is literally the only woman for Dior. Natalie is a close second.

23-03-2013
V.I.P.

^ I agree with both of you. I find her fitting Raf's aesthetic much better than she fit John's. She really is the modern definition of a lady and when she wears Raf that comes across loud and clear.

25-03-2013
V.I.P.

daily mail

25-03-2013
V.I.P.

^ouch, my eyes

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013november, 2016, cotillard, january, marion