Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-11-2016
V.I.P.

Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex
Meghan Markle is an American actress.

IMDb hosted by postimage.org

zimbio hosted by postimage.org

Meghan Markle

From Wikipedia and IMDb:

Birth Name
Rachel Meghan Markle

Date of Birth
4 August 1981, Los Angeles, California, USA

Height
5' 7" (1.7 m)

Life and Career

Rachel Meghan Markle (born August 4, 1981) is an American actress. Best known for her role as Rachel Zane on the TV legal drama Suits, she also played FBI special agent Amy Jessup in the sci-fi thriller Fringe.

Markle is a self-proclaimed foodie, which was incorporated into her Suits character Rachel Zane.

Early life and education

Markle was born and raised in Los Angeles County, California. Markle is of mixed race, and self-identifies as such: "My dad is Caucasian and my mom is African American. … I have come to embrace [it, and] to say who I am, to share where I'm from, to voice my pride in being a strong, confident mixed-race woman."

Her mother, Doria, has a Master's in Social Work and works in social welfare as a yoga therapist. Her father is Emmy Award winner Thomas W. Markle, whose profession—director of photography—had resulted in his daughter spending many years as a child on the set of Married... with Children.

Markle was educated privately at Immaculate Heart High School, the all-girls, independent Roman Catholic high school in Los Angeles. She graduated in 2003 with a communications degree from Northwestern University, where she was a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma.

Markle's acting career began unexpectedly when she was discovered at a party after her friend gave a manager a copy of Meghan's film in college to view. To support herself between acting jobs Markle worked as a freelance calligrapher.

Humanitarian work

Markle is actively involved in the socio-political arena. In 2016 she became the Global Ambassador for World Vision Canada, traveling to Rwanda for the Clean Water Campaign. She has also worked with the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women as an Advocate—she presented at UN Headquarters for the HeforShe gender equality campaign in September 2014. Markle traveled to Afghanistan with the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff on a USO tour in December 2014.

Markle was a Counsellor for the international charity One Young World, speaking at the annual summit in Dublin (2014) on the topics of gender equality and modern-day slavery. She also attended the Ottawa summit in 2016.

Acting career

Markle appeared in Fox's series Fringe as Junior Agent Amy Jessup in the first two episodes of its second season. Since July 2011 she has played Rachel Zane, "a paralegal working with Mike Ross (with his encyclopedic knowledge of the law—Patrick J. Adams) and becomes his valuable after-hours research ally" on the USA Network show Suits.

Markle appeared in two 2010 films, Get Him to the Greek and Remember Me and one 2011 film, Horrible Bosses. She appeared in the short film The Candidate (seen on the KQED public television show ImageMakers: the Company of Men) as a secretary in 2012.

In 2002, Markle appeared in an episode of the daytime soap opera, General Hospital. She has also appeared in episodes of Century City, Cuts, Love, Inc., The War at Home, 90210, Knight Rider, Without a Trace, The Apostles, CSI: NY, The League, Castle and Suits. Markle has also made appearances in the films A Lot Like Love and Deceit.

In November 2016, Markle and Canadian clothing company Reitmans released a line of reasonably priced women's fashion workwear.

Other Info

Twitter
twitter.com/meghanmarkle

Instagram
instagram.com/meghanmarkle

Website
thetig.com

10-11-2016
backstage pass

Surprised she didn't have a thread already ! Lost my interest in the shown but still find her very pretty and stylish (her instagram account is cute too)

19-11-2016
V.I.P.

One big eyeroll at her behavior since she started dating Prince Harry.

Whoever styles her on Suits does a fantastic job though, love all the romantic but businesslike looks. She is extremely beautiful, and her body is killer!

26-11-2016
rising star

Love her! She is amazing!

13-06-2017
V.I.P.

At the airport in Toronto on June 10, 2017.

Quote:
Meghan Markle Takes a Fashion Cue Straight from Kate Middleton’s Playbook

Prince Harry’s girlfriend Meghan Markle may not be a royal just yet, but her sense of style is regal. Always well-dressed, she steers clear of flashy outfits, preferring to select understated pieces with a classic sensibility. Markle made a rare public appearance yesterday at Austin’s ATX Festival with her Suits co-stars Gina Torres, Patrick J. Adams, and Gabriel Macht on a panel celebrating the show’s 100th episode, turning heads as she arrived in a red and white Club Monaco slip dress. The toile look seemed made for the balmy summer weather and didn’t require more than simple strappy crimson heels and long, center-parted waves to steal the scene.

Like Kate Middleton, Markle understands the appeal of affordable style. Where the Duchess seeks out looks from British high street brands such as Reiss and L.K. Bennett, the American actress favors mall staples like J.Crew and Club Monaco. At $395, Markle’s wallpaper print dress is within an accessible price range for all looking to emulate her trademark look.

Quote:
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s First Public Event Featured a Regal Fashion Statement

It can take months for press-shy celebrity couples to make their romance public, but Meghan Markle and Prince Harry just took a big step forward by attending the Audi Polo Challenge on Saturday, their first event together. Participating in the charity match to benefit his nonprofits Sentebale and WellChild, Harry was a dashing presence in uniform, but it was Markle who stole the show. At the Coworth Park club in Berkshire, England, alongside stars like Eddie Redmayne and Ellie Bamber, she watched the match in an elegant Antonio Berardi sleeveless dress. With its unique double-breasted design and ruffled asymmetrical skirt, the navy piece was regal yet modern. When paired with a cream Aritzia blazer, Aquazzurra pumps, and dark sunglasses, it made for glamorous daywear.

Markle has always found ways to incorporate unexpected elements into her wardrobe, and though she’s no longer sharing her fashion expertise online, her latest look proves she’s still committed to great design. Given that the couple has several more shared events on the horizon—including a trip to Pippa Middleton’s upcoming wedding–Markle will have even more opportunities to show off her charming style.

hawtcelebs.com, vogue.com

15-06-2017
V.I.P.

LOVE the black dress she's wearing on the yacht, I think her athletic frame made it look really cool. Otherwise I expect she'll just be a slightly more mod Duchess Kate.

07-07-2017
V.I.P.

MEGHAN MARKLE Arrives at Her Home in Toronto 06/06/2017
credit: hawtcelebs

07-09-2017
V.I.P.

MEGHAN MARKLE for Vanity Fair Magazine, October 2017

27-09-2017
V.I.P.

MEGHAN MARKLE and Prince Harry at Invictus Games 2017 in Toronto 09/25/2017

01-10-2017
V.I.P.

MEGHAN MARKLE at 2017 Invictus Games Closing Ceremony in Toronto 09/30/2017

27-11-2017
front row

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Pose for a Photo Call After Announcing Their Engagement

tomandlorenzo.com

27-11-2017
fashion insider

They do look very happy! She is gorgeous, and I like her shoes. Not sure about her personality or how they are together, so that's all I can say.

28-11-2017
front row

They're nose twins! Adorable.

28-11-2017
#Resist

^ Hers turns up a bit in a way that reminds me of Pinocchio ...

Didn't realize she was biracial until I glanced at her bio just now. Very interesting in light of Harry's history with fascist symbols. Perhaps it was all a very poor joke ...

Her humanitarian work looks interesting, and good prep for her future role.

Harry has been quick to defend her in a way that bodes well for the future as well.

29-11-2017
V.I.P.

Congratulations to them! I think that they'll be a good fit.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
duchess, markle, meghan, sussex