How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-05-2015
V.I.P.

MET Costume Institute Gala 2015: "China: Through the Looking Glass"
Reserved for Who's Wearing What

04-05-2015
V.I.P.

From harpersbazaar.co.uk:

Quote:
Met Gala 2015 guestlist announced
Could this be the most star-studded gala yet?
27 April 2015

Could the 2015 Met Ball be the starriest to date?

An initial guestlist, released today on Celebrity Intelligence, lists more than 80 names as tentative attendees for this year's event, which will take place on 4 May at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. Known as the biggest event on the fashion calendar (it's the industry's version of the Oscars), the annual gala sees designers paired with their A-list muses. This year's ball will take on the theme of China: Through the Looking Glass.

This 2015 event will be co-hosted by Jennifer Lawrence - so she's a guaranteed presence - while other guests believed to be attending include everyone from Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Blake Lively, Kendall Jenner, Sienna Miller, Carey Mulligan, Anne Hathaway, Reese Witherspoon, Jessica Chastain, Cara Delevingne and Julianne Moore. The designers believed to be gracing the red carpet this year include Marc Jacobs, Donatella Versace, Raf Simons, Christopher Bailey, Stella McCartney, Miuccia Prada and Tom Ford, to name but a few, so we're guaranteed a continuous stream of stunning Oriental-inspired gowns.

------

From racked.com:

Quote:
Met Ball 2015: Start Time, Theme, and the Guest List
Adele Chapin May 4, 2015, 11:29a

It's once again time for the Met Gala, fashion's fanciest night out. Before Racked's Met Ball live blog kicks off, here's a quick refresher on the important details you need to know this morning:

When is this happening and what time does it start? The Met Ball is scheduled for May 4 (today), and according to the Met Museum's Twitter account, celebs will start arriving at 6 p.m. sharp. Although there are bound to be some late arrivals, as a fundraiser for President Obama is happening nearby and is expected to snarl traffic.

What's the theme this year? The spring 2015 Costume Institute exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art is dedicated to Chinese fashion, and that's the theme for this year's gala. The exhibit is called "China: Through the Looking Glass," and it showcases Chinese art and rare artifacts as well as dresses interpreting Chinese designs from Western designers like John Galliano, Alexander McQueen, Jean Paul Gaultier, and Tom Ford. The gala can be notoriously tricky to dress for, but fears about cultural appropriation are running high for this particular event.

Who's hosting? Silas Chou is this year's host of the $25,000-a-ticket affair, while Jennifer Lawrence, Gong Li, Marissa Mayer, Wendi Murdoch, and Anna Wintour will all serve co-chairs. Make no mistake though, this is Anna Wintour's party.

Who are the stars on the guest list? The Fashion Law has published the guest list. Celebrities expected to be in attendance include the following: Rihanna, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, Julianne Moore, Katy Perry, Seth Meyers, James Corden, Harvey Weinstein, Jessica Chastain, Bradley Cooper, Benedict Cumberbatch, Claire Danes, Hugh Dancy, Colin Firth, Livia Firth, Neil Patrick Harris, Anne Hathaway, Ethan Hawke, Dakota Johnson, Spike Jonze, Blake Lively, Ryan Reynolds, Baz Luhrmann, Sienna Miller, Carey Mulligan, Marcus Mumford, Rita Ora, Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick, Eddie Redmayne, Amanda Seyfried, Ivanka Trump, Florence Welch, Allison Williams, Reese Witherspoon.

The full list of designers is: Christopher Bailey, Tory Burch, Sarah Burton, Georgina Chapman, Kenneth Cole, Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli, Peter Copping, Francisco Costa, Domenico Dolce, Stefano Gabbana, Alber Elbaz, Alberta Ferretti, Tom Ford, Valentino Garavani, Nicolas Ghesquiere, Lazaro Hernandez, Carolina Herrera, Dee and Tommy Hilfiger, Marc Jacobs, Donna Karan, Michael Kors, Karl Lagerfeld, Derek Lam, Ralph Lauren, Jenna Lyons, Stella McCartney, Alasdhair Willis, Jack McCollough, Tamara Mellon, Gilles Mendel, Marcus Wainwright, Ashley Olsen, Mary-Kate Olsen, Thakoon Panichgul, Zac Posen, Miuccia Prada, Raf Simons, Riccardo Tisci, Giambattista Valli, Dries Van Noten, Donatella Versace, Diane von Furstenberg, Alexander Wang, Vera Wang, David Neville, Jason Wu.

And, finally, in blogger news, the Blonde Salad's Chiara Ferragni announced on Instagram that she'll be there too.

Don't expect a flood of selfies from any of the stars in attendance: Met Ball organizers are trying to enforce a social media ban inside the gala. But Vogue is putting together a behind-the-scenes documentary about this year's ball and the making of the exhibit.

Will Karl Lagerfeld be there? There's a bit of a calendar clash, since Chanel is hosting its cruise show in Seoul today as well. But Fashionista reports that he's on the guest list.

Last edited by agee; 04-05-2015 at 11:05 AM.
04-05-2015
fashion elite

I think Beyonce and Solange are attending too.

04-05-2015
trendsetter

According to V Magazine, Behati Prinsloo and Karolina Kurkova are at Tommy Hilfiger's table tonight. Lily Collins, Diane Kruger and Olivia Munn are also confirmed to be attending. I think the above lists are just the official donors, no? I feel like there are a lot more people confirmed to attend.

Last edited by SallyAlbright; 04-05-2015 at 11:20 AM.
04-05-2015
fashion elite

I think the list was probably a provisional list. I mean we all know Karl isn't going to be there.

04-05-2015
backstage pass

I hope Gisele makes it, don't care much about Karl.
We all know what he'll be wearing- same outfit for the past 30 years.

V.I.P.

Apart from Zhou Xun, a top Chinese actress and Chanel muse, do we know who else will wear the brand? What with Kristen in Korea?

04-05-2015
Oh Yeah!

I don't see Peter Dundas or Roberto Cavalli on the list. Natasha Poly is attending. Will she be with Alexander Wang again?

04-05-2015
V.I.P.

Is there going to be a red carpet live stream?

04-05-2015
V.I.P.

I'm cautiously excited to see how attendees interpret this year's theme, but am also preparing for the disappointment of people showing up with chopsticks in their hair, slanted eye makeup, and other shallow and ignorant interpretations of Chinese dress.

Chinese actresses confirmed to attend (besides Gong Li) are Ziyi Zhang, Fan Bingbing, Li Bingbing, Zhou Xun, and Zhao Wei.

But satisfaction brought it back
04-05-2015
trendsetter

Kim Kardashian tweeted that she will be wearing Peter Dundas for Cavalli.

04-05-2015
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternitygoddess View Post
...Chinese actresses confirmed to attend (besides Gong Li) are Ziyi Zhang, Fan Bingbing, Li Bingbing, Zhou Xun, and Zhao Wei.
was hoping for liu wen. anyone know if she'll be there?

edit: yep, she will be. i guess she co-hosted a pre-event.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 04-05-2015 at 02:15 PM.
04-05-2015
V.I.P.

Livestream anybody?

fashion insider

Irina Shayk: Versace

Liu Wen (co-chair): Michael Kors dress, shoes and clutch, Qeelin jewelry

Adriana Lima: Marc Jacobs dress, Christian Louboutin shoes, Judith Leiber clutch, Chopard jewelry, hair by Anthony Cristiani

Kendall Jenner: Calvin Klein dress, shoes and clutch, Chopard jewelry

Dree Hemingway: Coach

Jessica Hart: Valentino

Karolina Kurkova: Tommy Hilfiger

Behati Prinsloo: Tommy Hilfiger

Shu Pei: Tommy Hilfiger

Lily Aldridge: Caroline Herrera

Naomi Campbell: custom Burberry

Caroline Trentini: Atelier Versace dress, shoes and clutch, Qeelin jewelry, hair by Esther Langham, makeup by Lisa Houghton

Karen Elson: Dolce & Gabbana Alta Moda

Jamie Bochert: Marc Jacobs

Maryna Linchuk: Topshop

modelina.com

04-05-2015
front row

Gemma will be there

Quote:
And thank you @MichaelKors for the beautiful flowers and dress for tonight!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2015, china through the looking glass, costume, gala, institute, met