How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-05-2012
When in doubt, wear red.

She looks really lovely. Maybe her look lacks a bit of accessories though, but the fabric of her dress is very interesting. Any ID yet ?? It's probably custom made.

19-05-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolkfolk View Post
She looks really lovely. Maybe her look lacks a bit of accessories though, but the fabric of her dress is very interesting. Any ID yet ?? It's probably custom made.
nope, it's J.Mendel Fall 2012 RTW

coolspotters.com

When in doubt, wear red.

Thanks
Can't decided if it looks better on Mia or on the runway

V.I.P.

no problem. i like the tad modified version on Mia much more.

V.I.P.

Oh she nailed it again didn't she; her hair is perfect with that dress, just gorgeous! Such a fun flirty day look and then a glamourous mature evening look. Perfect day for Mia.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
19-05-2012
tfs star

I do love her premiere look. It's the best she has looked in a long while. The shoes are perfect (simple black peeptoes, you can't really go wrong) and the dress is just so wistful and elegant and she looks elegant in it. It's a beautiful look, and her hair/makeup is flawless, but I'm kind of letdown a little because it reminds me ever so slightly of her Cannes look last year which was miles ahead of this year's look.

At any rate, I do like this look on her, but I do feel either she or her stylist has lost a bit of their mojo. She used to be one of my favorites, but I guess to make a long post short this just didn't wow me. I like it, but I'm not as impressed by her looks as I used to be.

Last edited by chickadee; 19-05-2012 at 05:58 PM.
19-05-2012
fashion elite

She looks so beautiful at the photocall and the premiere.

19-05-2012
tfs star

She looks great at the premiere! Love the color on her and how they styled her hair. Very soft and pretty.

19-05-2012
V.I.P.

she looks so pretty

V.I.P.

i change my mind, HQ images show how great she looks in the premiere look..

22-05-2012
trendsetter

Wow, she looks stunning!

22-06-2012
tfs star

Some interesting news about a possible role for Mia. I think it would be interesting to see her in a role like this and also it wold help to elevate her profile as well. I hope she get's it.

Quote:
While much of the casting chatter in recent weeks surrounding "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" has been around who will play Finnick Odair in the highly anticipated sequel, there are still more key characters to be cast. And some names are beginning to emerge for who might take the crucial role of Johanna Mason in the film.
Sources close to the project tell The Playlist that Mia Wasikowska and model/actress Zoe Aggeliki are in the mix for Johanna Mason. The character becomes a strong ally with Katniss and Peeta during the 75th Hunger Games, but has a testy relationship with Katniss who likens her to an older sister who hates you. She's a fierce competitor who has no family and friends left in District 7 where she hails, with her weapon of choice being an axe. Director Francis Lawrence is keen on finding the right actress to fit the part, and is looking at both big names and lesser known talents.

Both actresses have been in discussions for the part, and we hear that Aggeliki could sign in the coming days, but nothing is certain just yet. Aggeliki may not be a familiar face at the moment, but she'll be seen next summer in "R.I.P.D." and also landed a role in "Percy Jackson: Sea Of Monsters" as Silena Beauregard. Whoever does snag the role will not only appear in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" but in "Mockingjay" as well, as Johanna figures strongly in that story as well. Production on 'Catching Fire' begins later this year, and the film will hit theaters on November 22, 2013.
blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist

23-06-2012
fashion elite

I don't know much about Zoe so I hope Mia gets it. It'll be incredible if her and Jennifer got the opportunity to be in the same film as they are two of the most talented actresses in that age group.
Posted via Mobile Device

23-06-2012
trendsetter

I'm not one to like red dresses, but she looks beautiful!

17-07-2012
V.I.P.

I saw this and thought it was cute if slightly creepy.

TDSDderek's twitter

In Detroit on July 8th. She's shooting Only Lovers Left Alive and she's playing Tilda Swinton's sister!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
mia, wasikowska