How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-08-2013
tfs star

She looks very elegant in that black gown. I like that they styled her hair up too.

29-08-2013
tfs star

Finally, a sexy, youthful look from her! And she pulls it off well! I love her confidence and self-possession, but she can get a bit dowdy at times. The black dress is amazing! And the hair and make-up are flawfree.

29-08-2013
V.I.P.

She's looking gorgeous lately and I agree the darker hair is striking on her.

And yet, I just rewatched "The Kids Are All Right" the other day and I couldn't get over how pretty she looked with the long, straight flaxen hair!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
29-08-2013
i'm almost ready..

i don't know if the black dress is particularly flattering for her, but the darker hair i agree is really lovely. it makes her eyes pop.

31-08-2013
.my prison is your brain.

I didn't realize how much I disliked the bob on her until now, she looks fantastic with her hair up and no fringe.

01-09-2013
V.I.P.

More from the premiere:

Quote:
Actress Mia Wasikowska attends the 70th Venice International Film Festival at Terrazza Maserati on August 30, 2013 in Venice, Italy.

zimbio

fashion icon

So she has the same stylist as Carey Mulligan and Rooney and they all wear almost exclusively black or white? I think that's really lazy on the part of the stylist. I find it hard to believe if left to their own devices all three of these women would choose black or white all the time which makes me think Hastings is imposing his view on them.

01-09-2013
trendsetter

Well, Carey and Rooney nowadays tend to wear a lot of black/white/grey in their candids. Their style has definitely been influenced over the years, but I think those two naturally gravitate towards a more minimalistic attire. In Mia's case I presume she's much more of free spirit and doesn't really care about fashion that much.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loladonna View Post
So she has the same stylist as Carey Mulligan and Rooney and they all wear almost exclusively black or white? I think that's really lazy on the part of the stylist. I find it hard to believe if left to their own devices all three of these women would choose black or white all the time which makes me think Hastings is imposing his view on them.
Hmm, I don't agree. She is a lot quirkier than Rooney and Carey. Did you not see the clothes she wore during the Stoker press tour? The bright pink Roland Mouret, the red Elie Saab and the printed Proenza Schouler?

Quote:
Actress Mia Wasikowska attends a screening for the film 'Tracks' at the 2013 Telluride Film Festival - Day 4 on September 1, 2013 in Telluride, Colorado.

wireimage

V.I.P.

She was just in Telluride yesterday. Damn, she sure is a jetsetter.

Quote:
It was far from all work and no play for new couple Jesse Eisenberg and Mia Wasikowska when they visited the Venice Film Festival.

On Monday they left the red carpet far behind them as they lovingly held hands while taking a sunset walk on a beach in Italy.

Mia, 23, has been in Venice promoting Tracks while Jesse, 29, has been there for his film Night Moves.

dailymail

V.I.P.

wow so gorgeous in that black long dress above!!

02-09-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
She was just in Telluride yesterday. Damn, she sure is a jetsetter.
Tracks' TIFF premiere is this week also!

Jesse and Mia are fast becoming one of my favourite couples

03-09-2013
tfs star

That dress and those sandals from the latest candids are hella ugly, but she and Jesse are cute together.

03-09-2013
V.I.P.

I love her, but her casual style is horrible. my god to those sandals and dress...
and her red carpet style looks are so not interesting lately

05-09-2013
front row

Quote:
Only Lovers Left Alive premiere during the 2013 Toronto Film Festival on Thursday night (September 5) in Toronto, Canada. FYI: Mia is wearing a Christian Dior dress and Brian Atwood sandals.

justjared

Is it a bit unpolished? I feel like she just threw on the dress and left, no sign of accessories or any attempt at hair and make-up. I'm glad she is wearing colour though, so that's a plus.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
mia, wasikowska