How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by before View Post
I think I am in the minority but I find him really frightening.
Perhaps it's the teethy grin. I would not want to be alone with him in an elevator.
Of course, in terms of acting, he's one of the best out there now but I don't know how I found him attractive before.
I'll say this, for this age...he looks kind of beat, and a little worn. I'm sure he has, um, lived. Especially during those struggling actor years when he was probably a bit depressed by his lack of success.

02-10-2011
V.I.P.

He looks like he lives and parties hard. (smoking, drinking and whatever substance he also uses) He looks much older than his years imo.

03-10-2011
less is more

^ Agreed with the 2 posts above. There is actually a large thread about him looking much older than his actual age on his imdb message board (which is also quite funny to read).

But we're all so conditioned to appreciate lily-soft, line-free actors from Hollywood, that some wrinkles and expressiveness in the face seems even more abnormal to us.

Regarding him being frightening, I feel something a little similar because I can't quite forget the whole girlfriend abuse incident, no matter if it was fiction. But he also has this air of wildness and danger which is apparent in many of his roles, which is exciting too.

I sort of switch between liking him and disliking him. He's certainly interesting, I'll give him that.

Last edited by rox_yr_sox; 03-10-2011 at 01:16 AM.
03-10-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
^Proof of that is the vid at the beginning of the thread with the italian interviewer
I just saw that video! He was such an unabashed flirt! :p

V.I.P.

Quote:
Actor Michael Fassbender attends the 49th annual New York Film Festival presentation of "Shame" at Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center on October 7, 2011 in New York City.

Quote:
Actor Michael Fassbender attends the 49th annual New York Film Festival presentation of "A Dangerous Method" at Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center on October 5, 2011 in New York City.

zimbio

V.I.P.

Shame trailer: http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/video...?newsfeed=true

Beautiful music!

V.I.P.

Mini Russia September 2011 ebook30

15-10-2011
V.I.P.

A Italy N°39 29 Settembre 2011 ebook30
Michael Fassbender by H. Leutwyler

15-10-2011
trendsetter

I was at the LFF premiere of Shame last night. I've seen the film twice now and love it, both he and Carey turn in fantastic performances but it's so so dark. He's such a darling. Looked very handsome as per, all in black, and spent ages out on the red carpet with the screaming girlies too!

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 15-10-2011 at 12:54 PM.
15-10-2011
trendsetter

I got to see it in New York and agree, it was really amazing. He's so nice too I got to meet him at the ADM premiere as well as the Shame one.

I personally can't wait for Haywire even though we know he gets taken out early on in it from the trailer. That looks like it's going to be really good, as well as Prometheus.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Actor Michael Fassbender attends the "Shame" photocall during the 55th BFI London Film Festival at the Vue West End on October 14, 2011 in London, England.

Quote:
Actor Michael Fassbender attends the "Shame" premiere during the 55th BFI London Film Festival at the Vue West End on October 14, 2011 in London, England.

Gotta love that diabolical smile.

zimbio

trendsetter

It is the naughtiest smile going, you can almost hear womens knicker elastic snapping when he grins at them! I generally don't have many favourites outside the gang I look after but I do adore him, he was great fun in Venice and such a charmer last night too. He's got a fabulous mix of leading man and character actor going on and actually does really well with red carpet dressing, no Ryan Gosling, but at least he's interesting occasionally. Great to hear he's got another moivie with Steve McQueen lined up, and a period movie from the initial plot outline too...back in Mr Rochester territory me thinks...bring on the breeches!

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 15-10-2011 at 02:49 PM.
18-10-2011
fashion icon

^That film which he has lined up next is called Twelve Years a Slave, is actually based on true events that occurred. The film tells the story of Solomon Northup a free-man who was captured and enslaved for 12 years before gaining his freedom. It doesn't seem apparent who Fassbender will play but I'm guessing he might play Samuel Bass a Canadian carpenter who befriended Northup while he was in slavery and was essential is securing Northup's freedom. Or maybe he'll play one of Northup's slave owners. Either way Twelve Years a Slave has the potential to be a great film. But maybe I'm just biased seeing as I have personal connections to Solomon Northup because I've spent some time researching his story and we both come from the same area.

Anyways, I'm liking what Fassbender's been wearing to the film premieres and promotion. And Shame looks so intriguing and certainly a film which could get award noms.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Actor Michael Fassbender attends the photocall for A Dangerous Method at the 55th BFI London Film Festival at Vue West End on October 24, 2011 in London, England.

zimbio

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by rox_yr_sox View Post
Regarding him being frightening, I feel something a little similar because I can't quite forget the whole girlfriend abuse incident, no matter if it was fiction.
So this story wasn't true ? (sorry if i'm off topic but i haven't quite followed the aftermath of this rumour)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fassbender, michael