How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-02-2010
trendsetter

Moderator's note:

Please remember that in all tFS threads no discussion of politics is allowed.
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use search function.
Thank you.

[quote]U.S. first lady Michelle Obama walks into the East Room of the White House to meet with music students to view a special preview performance for the White House's annual Governors' Ball in Washington February 21, 2010. The first lady continues her youth outreach before this evening's ball headlined by Harry Connick Jr. while the nation's governors congregate in Washington this week for their annual National Governors Association annual meeting.

source: obama pics daily.

Last edited by Meg; 21-01-2013 at 01:02 PM. Reason: *images no longer working

24-02-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerinagirl View Post
That is just an opinion. Only 2 first ladies have ever made the vogue cover while they were first ladies, Michelle and Hilary Clinton. So does that mean the people at vogue see Hilary as some style icon? Hilary and Michele made the cover for other reasons, least one being their style.

Michelle is a lawyer whose husband ran for president and she so happens to dabble in fashion. she is not a fashionista. The whole point is that her style is normal, approachable, do-able for the regular professional woman. She is not doing anything new fashion wise. She is just not following the politician's wife's dress code.

For a conservative environment like Washington dc government, her style stands out mostly because she wears dresses. (she dare to go sleeveless and the whole place nearly collapsed) I know it might be hard to believe but some places in this world are not as fashion forward as you might think.
In one way I agree: I don't believe Michelle is sitting in the White House thinking too passionately about clothing. This is where I agree about the fashionista thing: not that she isn't fashionable, but that most fashionistas are defined by having an abnormally attentive passion about what they wear (I can see Jackie O. having this) it isn't bad; it's just the mind of a fashionista (99.9 % of tfs).

The part where I disagree is this: I absolutely think that Michelle will be a style icon in the future as Jackie O is. For one, she is iconic within herself, period. But add to that the fact that she wears modern chic, no matter how approachable; it’s a timeless setup stylistically speaking. People will look back and call it the "new vintage”; it marks time. Likewise, I think Hilary had the potential to mark a certain time and style but I don't think she cared/cares enough about clothes to address it. Michelle, on the other hand, seems to be able to address it without effort.

24-02-2010
V.I.P.

haven't been to this thread for awhile now, but my, she looks absolutely gorgeous with that new haircut.

24-02-2010
Aby
V.I.P.

Wow! Thanks for the last pics!

24-02-2010
V.I.P.

Wow, she's been looking Amazing lately!!! I am in love with her new bob and they she's styling it! Her Thakoon dress at the Governor's Ball is beautiful, but I think she looks even better in Jason Wu at the preview of the Ball! She looks terrific

24-02-2010
tfs star

She looks amazing in the last pics! I love the haircut.

24-02-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyLovesJack View Post
In one way I agree: I don't believe Michelle is sitting in the White House thinking too passionately about clothing. This is where I agree about the fashionista thing: not that she isn't fashionable, but that most fashionistas are defined by having an abnormally attentive passion about what they wear (I can see Jackie O. having this) it isn't bad; it's just the mind of a fashionista (99.9 % of tfs).
Thanks!Exactly what i was tying to say.....you express what is in my mind better than i do

24-02-2010
front row

Thanks Kamelot
That haircut just changes her whole look, so chic

source: mrs-o.org

05-03-2010
Power to the 99%

Love the new haircut ... makes me want to get mine cut too

05-03-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerinagirl View Post
Thanks!Exactly what i was tying to say.....you express what is in my mind better than i do

05-03-2010
rising star

The new haircut is sooo lovely! She's just lovely, period.

06-03-2010
V.I.P.

she's looking fabulous

09-03-2010
V.I.P.

international women's day/governors ball dinner

bew.com.pl/wenn/zimbio

09-03-2010
Aby
V.I.P.

Another knock-out for Mrs O on Women's Day!!

09-03-2010
fashion elite

I wish Michelle would wear some Lanvin,draping and those earth tones look fantastic for her!

style.com

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
michelle, obama