US Harper's Bazaar September 1987
America's 10 Most Beautiful Women
Model/Star: Michelle Pfeiffer
Photographer: Matthew Rolston
Hair & Makeup: Alfonso Noe

Scanned by kelles

08-12-2015
V.I.P.

she looks lovely on the movie set with kiefer.

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged
11-04-2017
V.I.P.

Mikael Jansson for Interview, April 2017

starity.hu

11-05-2017
V.I.P.

Michelle Pfeiffer attends the "The Wizard Of Lies" New York Premiere at The Museum of Modern Art on May 11, 2017 in New York City.

zimbio

V.I.P.

MICHELLE PFEIFFER Arrives at Excelsior Hotel in Venice 09/05/2017
credit: hawtcelebs

Quote:
Why Michelle Pfeiffer 'Disappeared' from the Spotlight - and Why She's Back (Looking Incredible!) at 59
Michelle Pfeiffer, we missed you!
Nearly stealing the show in a slinky, sequined Michael Kors Collection gown at the Venice Film Festival premiere of mother!, the 59-year-old actress is decidedly back in action this year - and reminding everyone why she's one of Hollywood's most successful (and sexiest) stars of all time.
In Darren Aronofsky's creepy thriller mother!, one of several new roles for Pfeiffer, she plays a visitor who interrupts Jennifer Lawrence and Javier Bardem's seemingly idyllic life. Pfeiffer plays a pivotal part - a position she hasn't been in since taking a break from Hollywood to raise her children with her husband, producer David E. Kelley.
The three-time Oscar nominee recently opened up about why she's acting again after she "disappeared" from Hollywood.
"I'm an empty nester now," she said in Interview. "I've never lost my love for acting. I feel really at home on the movie set. I'm a more balanced person, honestly, when I'm working. But I was pretty careful about where I shot, how long I was away, whether or not it worked out with the kids' schedule. And I got so picky that I was unhireable. And then ... I don't know, time just went on ... I disappeared, yeah."
Despite her success, Pfeiffer admitted in Interview that she has never felt comfortable on set and often feels like people will find out she's not as good as they think she is.
"I think that's because I started working fairly quickly and I wasn't ready. I didn't have any formal training. I didn't come from Juilliard," she explained. "I was just getting by and learning in front of the world. So I've always had this feeling that one day they're going to find out that I'm really a fraud, that I really don't know what I'm doing."
We're pretty sure she does.
ale russian for people

06-09-2017
V.I.P.

Wearing Dolce & Gabbana at the photocall and Michael Kors at the premiere

thefashioncourt twitter

fashion elite

Her style is not fascinating but she is beautiful and aging really well.

12-09-2017
V.I.P.

Stunning as always.

V.I.P.

what a babe...

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged
5 Days Ago
V.I.P.

The Edit by Net-A-Porter
October 12, 2017

The Simple Life
Model Michelle Pfeiffer
Photographer Bjorn Iooss
Styling Tracy Taylor

Quote:
Michelle Pfeiffer is one of those rare beings: an actress who truly merits the term Ďiconí. Her Murder on the Orient Express co-star, Olivia Colman, talks to the 59-year-old about being intimidated by acting greats, social anxiety and that incredible Scarface wardrobe...

Olivia Colman: The first time we met was on [the set of] I Could Never Be Your Woman, do you remember? Iíd given birth nine days before. I had sore boobs and stitches, and I suddenly found myself standing next to one of the most extraordinary-looking humans I have ever seen. But you were so funny and delicious, and I completely fell in love.

Michelle Pfeiffer: Aww, Iím blushing.

Oc: Do you ever look back at early work of yours and wish youíd done it differently?

Mp: I look back at everything and wish Iíd done it differently. Iíll see a film Ė which is becoming harder and harder for me Ė but Iíll see it once itís finished and Iím gearing up to do press and I need to know what Iím talking about, then I never watch it again. If Iím scrolling the television and [a film Iím in] is on the guide, I canít get by it quick enough.

Oc: Really? Even after a long time, you canít just enjoy the film?

Mp: No. I used to see [raw footage] pretty diligently, but I cut back because itís torture; you see everything thatís horrible. Now I donít watch, Iím happier. How are you about watching yourself?

Oc: I donít mind, actually.

Mp: Thatís because youíre so perfect.

Oc: Oh, shut up, Michelle Pfeiffer. I look back at my early work and think, ĎOh God, itís awful.í Do you feel like youíre still learning?

Mp: Well, on I Could Never Be Your Woman, I hadnít worked before that for maybe five years. I was really surprised at how rusty I felt; it was a little scary. So I do feel as though Iím still learning, but isnít that the case in any kind of art form? Youíre constantly trying to perfect it, but you canít. The only thing you can do is get better. I think itís always interesting and challenging to try to understand the different personalities that come together, the different approaches and techniques. Thereís a slight adjustment that you are all making so that you can get into some sort of synchronicity together, so itís always altering in some way.

Oc: That sort of brings us into Murder on the Orient Express Ė that was all sorts of different people in one small space [Pfeiffer and Colman star alongside Johnny Depp, Judi Dench, Penťlope Cruz, Daisy Ridley, Josh Gad and Kenneth Branagh]. How did you feel? I sort of forgot we were meant to be doing a job because we were all having such a nice time.

Mp: I was slightly anxious about being trapped on the train all day long. I need to have my own private time and space to gather myself. I can sit for hours just doing nothing, by myself.

Oc: That would drive me nuts. For me, the train was heaven.

Mp: Well, you were just amused by everyone, right?

Oc: It was great, wasnít it? Josh Gad...

Mp: Oh my God, hilarious. He kept us entertained. His impersonations of Penťlope [Cruz]...

Oc: And of Penťlopeís husband; he did a very good Javier [Bardem], which sheíd film and send to him! Do you especially like to have your quiet space when working?

Mp: Iím that way in life. You know how ridiculously early our call times are? I get up two to three hours before my call just to sit for at least an hour and have my coffee by myself.

Oc: How much sleep can you get if you get up that early?

Mp: Not a lot! And then I exercise...

Oc: Thatís three in the morning, isnít it? Thatís ridiculous.

Mp: Iíve realized recently that I donít prioritize sleep enough, so Iím working on that. Iím a bit... antisocial, letís call it.

Oc: I did not have that image of you at all.

Mp: A lot of social situations are torture for me.

Oc: I donít like social situations with people where they know my face but I donít know their face. You know, where weíre out of kilter? It makes me feel very nervous.

Mp: Sometimes when youíre in a social situation where you donít know people really well, it feels a little like youíre being interviewed all the time. Itís understandable, but somewhat exhausting.

Oc: On set, however, I find myself getting quite depressed sitting in my little van on my own. I have to go and sit in the makeup van and chat to people.

Mp: Oh, I understand that. I was really surprised at how comfortable I felt being on the Murder on the Orient Express set. It was a lot of fun, and the days went really quickly.

Oc: Over the years and all the people you have worked with, have you learned how to behave and how not to behave?

Mp: In my experience, the more accomplished and, I guess, famous the actor was, the more gracious they were to everyone around them, and the more they went out of their way to put people at ease and make people feel comfortable. Like when I met Judi Dench Ė she just radiates this warmth.

Oc: You find yourself edging closer, you just want to be near her.

Mp: I wanted to get in her lap. I want to be in your lap a bit, too.

Oc: Oh, Michelle!

Mp: One of my first experiences was doing this big movie, The Witches of Eastwick. I was working with Susan Sarandon, Jack Nicholson and Cher. I was terrified to meet Jack, but within five minutes he set me at ease. He was so generous, gracious and lovely Ė Iíll never forget it.

Oc: What you just said about Jack is exactly what I feel about you. Thereís something incredibly generous in your ability to make everybody feel equal, which not everyone can do.

Mp: Youíre so lovely. On Murder..., working in front of all of you, I found that intimidating. I had to really fight against wanting to play it safe and wanting to impress everyone. Did you?

Oc: I came away from that job having had the nicest time in the world, but feeling like Iíd done one of the worst pieces of acting that Iíve done in a long time because I was slightly overexcited the whole time. And nervous, like, ďI donít want them to hate me!Ē

Mp: I think we were all feeling that a little bit. Except for Judi.

Oc: Is there a project [of yours] that you feel didnít get the recognition it deserved?

Mp: One Fine Day with George Clooney. I think that on the opening weekend we got beaten at the box office by Beavis and Butt-Head Do America. That was particularly demoralizing.

Oc: Oh my God, thatís awful and sort of hilarious. Mind you, Iíve never seen Beavis and Butt-Head, so possibly it was a masterpiece. Are you trained to do anything else [instead of acting]?

Mp: I studied painting, but Iím amateur. Itís an escape for me. At one point, I thought I might go into psychology. Itís kind of the same world [as acting]; figuring out what people are thinking, what really goes on and what motivates you.

Oc: How about your name-check in [the song] Uptown Funk Ė how did you feel when you heard that?

Mp: I was shocked and delighted and flattered Ė Iím a huge Bruno Mars fan. It did get a little embarrassing when Iíd be at an exercise class and it would come on. Everybody just pretended that it wasnít happening because they knew I was so embarrassed.

Oc: How do you cope with recognition?

Mp: I hide. You learn how to move through the world; you become a little like a shark. If you just keep moving, people [double take] but youíre gone. At the beginning, it really terrified me. I remember when the big shift happened for me. I went to Europe and spent time with [my co-stars] Cher and Susan Sarandon and while we were away the film [The Witches of Eastwick] was released. When I came back, it was just this change, it literally happened overnight. It was terrifying.

Oc: Were you aware at the time how big The Witches of Eastwick would be? Three leading women Ė that was quite an event, wasnít it?

Mp: I was aware that it was going to be a big deal, for sure. I do remember it being unusual that there were three really great parts in one movie for women. [It was] one of those situations where I was cast, then I was un-cast, and I had to do a screen test, so it was a very drawn-out auditioning process. And they were moving people around, like, ďMaybe youíll be in this part.Ē I think at one point they switched Cherís and Susanís parts.

Oc: I canít imagine anybody else playing those parts! With Scarface, your character [Elvira Hancock] Ė thatís an iconic fashion look. Did you keep that dress?

Mp: No. I could not get into that dress today, thatís all Iíll say.

Oc: Are you kidding? But you must be almost exactly the same size. If you were any smaller, youíd be far too small. Sorry, I was about to segue into a massive diet conversation. I was trying to put on weight while we were working on Murder on the Orient Express and it turns out that thatís really easy, the other way is really hard.

Mp: No kidding!

Murder on the Orient Express is out November 3
net-a-porter

5 Days Ago
fashion insider

She's just so beautiful. So glad she's back!

4 Days Ago
V.I.P.

indeed...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
michelle, pfeiffer