Michelle Williams - Page 48 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
18-05-2017
V.I.P.

"Wonderstruck" Red Carpet Arrivals - The 70th Annual Cannes Film Festival, May 18

zimbio

fashion insider

The premiere dress is a very hard no from me. It's surely Vuitton, yes?

V.I.P.

Ughm, I wish the panel wasn't that visible!

18-05-2017
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
Latest quote from Kirsten Dunst in her Variety interview. I immediately thought of Michelle! With this in mind, not sure whether we should be all that harsh on the LV partnering.
This is an interesting point and reminds me of this article that specifically mentions Michelle and her LV contract: http://www.laineygossip.com/Stylist-...15--2017/46534

Quote:
Working with a stylist and collaborating on memorable looks is part of the BUSINESS of being a celebrity that can result in multimillion dollar deals with major brands. Which can in turn allow for increased artistic freedom. Michelle Williams can do more Manchester By The Seas and Certain Womens, consider smaller film projects with smaller budgets, because she can rely on her income from her deal with Louis Vuitton. Not to mention the negotiating power that fashion can give to an actress for the bigger budget films.

18-05-2017
V.I.P.

another big fail!

18-05-2017
fashion icon

Oh god! Both of those looks are hideous! However, I love her hair (though wish it were darker).

18-05-2017
fashion elite

I really like the premiere dress. *shrug*

18-05-2017
fashion icon

Now I just come into this tread to see what monstrosity she'll wear, only the photo call look is decent.

Good info on her LV contract and how it funds her better than her smaller movie roles, with 3 campaigns in the past 5 or so pages it must be paying her very well.

Just wish she would fit the brand better or someone had the decency to speak up and do something about the looks or pick better pieces and style them appropriately. Just look at Sophie Turner... why couldn't Michelle request a custom gown like this?

stylebistro

18-05-2017
V.I.P.

i don't hate the premiere dress, but she could do SO MUCH better

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged
18-05-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderTMugler View Post
.......why couldn't Michelle request a custom gown like this?
Oh I'm sure she can! Nicolas seems really fond of her despite the fact that her contract was actually motivated by the LV higher ups (which must mean that she sells!). It's on Michelle and her stylist to draw the best looks from a shi*ty collection, and that can be done. Women like Fan Bingbing or Chloe Sevigny proved it's very much possible.

18-05-2017
trendsetter

I like that the premiere gown tries to be a contemporary update of a 1930s dress, but sequins don't come across well. It just looks like cheap polka dot fabric. Oddly, I do like how the gown is panelled though. It just needed a different fabric, or many more sequins to get rid of the "polka dot" feeling.

19-05-2017
fashion elite

wireimage.co.uk

3 Weeks Ago
fashion icon

She's going to be in a movie with Amy Schumer (not pleased with that) that will be directed by Marc Silverstein (Busy's husband, which I love!)

I Feel Pretty

fashion insider

Agh, I am so excited that Michelle will do a comedy but I cannot stand Schumer. My dream is that it will be re-cast before they start production!

3 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

^Me too, I cannot accept Michelle and Schumer in one scene, it will be kill me. I hope they replace Schumer with Kate McKinnon or someone like Kate.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
michelle, williams