Michelle Williams (February 2010 - March 2011) - Page 54 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-01-2011
V.I.P.

^Love that purple tiered dress. So lovely.

17-01-2011
V.I.P.

zimbio and bitten and bound

17-01-2011
V.I.P.

zimbio

17-01-2011
V.I.P.

^

18-01-2011
V.I.P.

^ "Brokeback" award season she was so golden in her fashion choices. The purple Givenchy and marigold Vera are two of my all time favs. So perfect.

She needs to go back to her old stylist. Cause the Globes was a disaster.

18-01-2011
V.I.P.

all those outfits that were posted are so gorgeous
i miss her hair, the long side-swept fringe looked SO good on her

18-01-2011
backstage pass

egad..............she never looked more toppermost than back then at the BAFTAs. still terribly disturbs my aesthetic belief that she recut her hair just as it was growing out. nNnnNNOOooOo
*and I seriously wonder how anyone in this world can claim her current outfits/looks to be superior.really...just accept the fact its gone downhill.

Last edited by danabnormal; 18-01-2011 at 11:11 AM.

18-01-2011
V.I.P.

Imho, Brokeback Mountain was such an overrated movie. I'll never get the appeal...anyway, that yellow dress is still my favorite.

18-01-2011
V.I.P.

That black dress at BAFTA is stunning! And agree, when people say her style during BM days was perfect!

18-01-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
Has Leith only been styling her recently? If so, she seems to have gone a little lace happy with Michelle.
I know Ezra Woods styled her in Cannes, and I absolutely loved everything (Suno dress with Stella McCartney shoes, gorgeous striped skirt with navy blouse, Sonia Rykiel sequined dress) except pink Chanel couture (). I think collaboration with Leith must have started in Venice with Wu dress, because that seems to me to be the kind of dress Leith chooses, as Michelle's subsequent dresses show - red lace Erdem, that white one with flowers at one of the Blue Valentine screenings, the white lace dress with red shoes at the Weinstein luncheon, short white Dior dress, Valentino at Bafta Tea, de la Renta and Ricci/Wren combination recently. Leith seems to go for lace, bows, flowers quite often. I think Woods and especially the Brokeback Mountain promotion period (the best dresses she's ever worn) suited her so much more than these dresses. Not that I don't think there were some very good choices (like the white Dior dress or red Erdem or white lace dress with red shoes) but I kind of never picture Michelle in most of the recent dresses.

P.S. I obviously spend way too much in this thread and online in general.

18-01-2011
fashion elite

^oh my looking at the brokeback-mountain-looks makes me nostalgic! she looked absolutely perfect...she had some of great looks the last 2 years as well but I think that sometimes she chooses things that are a bit too demure ...
she had this softness about her back then and now she seems to go for 'well' and 'appropriate' it seems sometimes...

I think the absolute flop was her gown at the Golden Globes, I can't even call it gown, honestly - it seems like some Walmart dress almost if it wasn't for the details on the straps...it's a shame because I had high hopes...oh well, hoping for the best in the future though...if it's thanks to Leigh, then Michelle: stay friends with her if you're sure she didn't do it on purpose or AND: look for a different stylist - and just leave her as a friend :p

18-01-2011
V.I.P.

You know, that actually makes sense. Her style did get very cutesy in the last part of 2010 starting with the Jason Wu. She also wore It all makes sense now. Thanks.

Leith Clark has styled Keira Knightley for years and she's rarely had a misstep. I honestly think Michelle just chose what she thought was the best dress from a long line of gowns (at least that's what she personally said). It's ok to slip up from time to time! Unfortunately she slipped up at a major event! She should've worn that Balenciaga dress, damn it!

Last edited by LolaSvelt; 18-01-2011 at 06:35 PM.

18-01-2011
V.I.P.

But that's just the thing, knowing her style on and off red carpet, I just cannot believe she would knowingly pick this disastrous thing thinking it would be a good choice. But you're right, it's not like she's had many missteps in the past. How good it would've been for her, though, to have picked this floral thing at one of the special screenings for Blue Valentine where there wouldn't be so much media coverage, and not at one of the biggest film events of the year and to end up on lists of worst dressed of the night.

Last edited by Child_in_time; 18-01-2011 at 07:02 PM.

18-01-2011
V.I.P.

that was my fav michelle fashion moments during the brokeback mountain premieres/awards, she was flawless and the purple givenchy is my all-time fav

18-01-2011
V.I.P.

jesus, after a whole year of waiting, finally watched BV. she (and ryan) are bloody brilliant. knocked me off my feet. what a role and what a performance. before i saw it i hoped she'd become my favourite, so with high expectations i really have to say she's outdone herself. she'll get my "push".

anyhow, i dunno if its just me, but her recent outfits on RC seem so un-Michelle. i mean (except for the GG disaster) they're all nice (some of them really smashing), but somehow very disconnected from the way i perceive her fashionwise (mostly through candids). the difference in stylists is quite obvious.
speaking of which, thank you for the info Child_In_Time! i didn't know she changed her stylist.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2011, february, march, michelle, williams