How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

28-02-2011
trendsetter

lvstratus You're thinking of that Jason Wu gown at Venice? I think she looked lovely, the best she's looked all award season. I'm glad she wore Chanel.

28-02-2011
trendsetter

gosh she is beautiful. (Not so keen on the dress and from what I can see, the shoes), but she looks like a DOLL

28-02-2011
V.I.P.

adds

tlfan

28-02-2011
V.I.P.

I wasn't fan of the oscar dress. but i liked her make up. so beautiful.

28-02-2011
V.I.P.

She was perfection to me last night, Shes got this red carpet thing down, she knows what works on her. I had a feeling she would wear CHanel and i think this one was perfect, just the right amount of glamour and feminity also hair and makeup was stunning

28-02-2011
V.I.P.

I love how quickly the stars' makeup artists are being interviewed! This is from ElleUK:

Michelle Williams looked stunning at The Oscars last night. Her hair and make-up was perfect for the occasion putting her at the top of our best beauty looks list.

‘Ethereal and sparkling’ is how make-up artist Jeanine Lobell described Williams’ look, and here is how she achieved the look, so you can get it too.

Since the star’s hair is blonde, her skin pale and her Oscars dress bone white, Lobell wanted to add a hint of colour to her face, ‘I didn’t want her to look like a sea of white,’ she said.

‘Michelle’s skin is so fresh and beautiful,’ Lobell said, so rather than caking on the base, she kept things light by using a sheer foundation, topped with a light dusting of translucent pressed powder.

‘For eyes, we went for a light, ethereal smoky look by mixing the shades in the Chanel Quadra Eyeshadow in Smoky Eyes,’ she explained. ‘I used the silvery shade as a base, and then used the pewter shade, taking it from the lash line up into the crease, adding shape to the eye. I then smudged the same shade in the lower lash line. I used the black shade, blended into the pewter, as a liner.’

A red carpet look wouldn’t be complete without false lashes, so she applied a few false lashes to the middle of the lash line, followed by several coats of mascara. And not forgetting brows, she used Chanel Precision Brow Definer in Blond Claire to define.

‘To create a glowing pink cheek, I applied Chanel Blush Duo Tweed Effect in Pink Tweed. I mixed her lip colour, Chanel Rouge Coco Lip Colour in Rose Dentelle, with a bit of the Vitalumiere Aqua foundation, which creates the effect of the lips as part of the face, not a separate statement.’ We’ll definitely be using that expert trick.

28-02-2011
backstage pass

Wow, I haven't seen her in years... she's changed so much!

28-02-2011
V.I.P.

She was stunning. Love the makeup, hair and the simplicity of her dress, however I'm not a big fan of all that beading. Too bad she didn't win the Oscar.

28-02-2011
V.I.P.

Her makeup was truly perfect, and her gown truly awesome!
Posted via Mobile Device

28-02-2011
V.I.P.

her face looks tight .. she looks pretty but a little bit sad ?

28-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjanthelion View Post
her face looks tight .. she looks pretty but a little bit sad ?
She looks uncomfortable, as she did during the reading of the nominees in her category, which imo was a silly idea, being front and center is obviously not her thing.

28-02-2011
V.I.P.

yea you could tell by her body language that she was uncomfortable but i meant that her face/skin looked tight.. like she had had a weird facial or something ? i dont know how to explain it but it seemed like she was having difficulty moving her face ...

28-02-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoedele View Post
She looks uncomfortable, as she did during the reading of the nominees in her category, which imo was a silly idea, being front and center is obviously not her thing.
yeah - she really always shows in her face and with her posture if she is uncomfortable. I think she can't even control it herself - she may come off sometimes as bitchy and arrogant but I believe it's due to her shyness and her troubles being in the spotlight and knowing herself that it is such a contradiction being an actress but having troubles being in the public eye - but that's just the vibe I'm getting from her

28-02-2011
tfs star

people

28-02-2011
V.I.P.

that's a cute pic!!!!
wonder why she felt uncomfortable :-((((

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2011, february, march, michelle, williams