How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-10-2011
i'm almost ready..

^Is there any other way to view it?....I keep trying to update Adobe flash but it won't allow me to watch it..

Update: I figured it out. Thanks for posting. I can't say I'm very interested in this movie, other than for the very fact that Michelle is in it. It just seems to be that this whole Marilyn thing has been done so many times....I don't know what could possibly be new... and it's interesting to me, above all, that Michelle would take the role, because she seems so discerning with the roles she chooses and how she sees them. so I guess for that reason I'm curious to see it. I can't say I have much interest in Marilyn herself....i know the world is fascinated by her, and perhaps sadness like that is endlessly fascinating....

I do have to say though that even from the trailer Michelle's mannerisms seem so unlike herself. it's amazing how she transforms...

Last edited by adorefaith; 05-10-2011 at 08:52 PM.

05-10-2011
V.I.P.

so far no, it's a yahoo exclusive. it's working for me tho. sorry. :/

05-10-2011
fashion elite

I really like Michelle but her performance in the trailer seems a bit flat.

05-10-2011
V.I.P.

i'm actually disappointed a bit too. she took the mannerisms to bit, voice too, but there's something missing. some kind of an appeal? the whole "flirting/teasing thing" seems forced a bit. i hope it's all just a trailer thing, Eddie seems great tho.

05-10-2011
V.I.P.

Great trailer! I love how they highlighted Michelle's performance.
From the little I saw, I think she does a wonderful job of portraying just how fragile Marilyn was.
I can't wait to see the movie!

06-10-2011
V.I.P.

That movie looks interesting!
Posted via Mobile Device

06-10-2011
trendsetter

I know I said before on here from seeing the filming that she brought a certain fragility to the role, I'm glad that seems to have come through in the trailer. She's done a wonderful job with what is surely a terrifying role. Rest of the cast are fantastic too, looking forward to getting into the promo for this.

06-10-2011
backstage pass

i'm disappointed. I'm not impressed by Michelle's performance and I hate how the trailer is edited.

06-10-2011
backstage pass

Here's the trailer:

heartwatson

I love it! Michelle looks/sounds good and she seemed to have Marilyn down.. I don't really have an interest in Marilyn though so I'm not the best person to know if Michelle did Marilyn justice..

06-10-2011
V.I.P.

Cheesy trailer, but I think she looks good!

06-10-2011
backstage pass

Whoa. Conflicting feelings. I love the trailer, I think the movie looks great and I think it looks like Michelle's playing a brilliant character, but knowing that it's supposed to be Marilyn Monroe... I don't think I'm sold on that particular aspect yet. I'm now excited to see this movie and the story it's selling (wasn't before), but in the context of who she's supposed to be, I feel sort of meh about it. I think it would have been better, perhaps, to have made this movie and let it be known that it was heavily inspired by Marilyn in the vein of Citizen Kane being about William Randolph Hearst without being ABOUT William Randolph Hearst.

But I guess none of that really matters now since all I want to do is find my pencil skirt and curlers.

06-10-2011
trendsetter

^The true account of what actually happened is fascinating and I think doing it with an 'inspiration' would have been a real cop out. Any actress taking on such an iconic figure is going to get a hard time, the girl has balls, she might be the best known of all the real 'characters' involved in this film but here's also Olivier and Miller too. Whenever someone plays a real person there is scrutiny, look at Cate Blanchett playing Hepburn. We all have an idea of how we see Marilyn I think, and Michelle has had a hard job in playing her without turning her into a caricature.

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 06-10-2011 at 12:58 PM.

06-10-2011
fashion elite

She is looking absolutely stunning! Loving it!!!!!

06-10-2011
V.I.P.

Oh nooooo

09-10-2011
V.I.P.

Love that trailer!
Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, february, march, michelle, williams