How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-01-2012
fashion elite

littlepaperstars I so agree with you! And she has several high profile movies coming out this year. She is working non-stop.

02-01-2012
V.I.P.

I agree with both of you. Blake´s career is not bigger than Mila´s... don´t forget that That 70s Show was quite big at the time and Black Swan is more prestigious than any Lively movie.

02-01-2012
trendsetter

I honestly would've never thought of Mila if someone mentioned Dior but I can't deny I'm curious to see the result.
At least is not something as unexpected and contradictory as Alice Dellal's Chanel appearance... Why would you have someone as that woman to be the face of a brand that has always been known for its classic/classy pieces?! Anyways, I think you guys get what I mean...

03-01-2012
trendsetter

Because Alice dellal is linked to mario Testino and the casiraghi.
Posted via Mobile Device

03-01-2012
V.I.P.

old mila picture

v-ulpix.tumblr

03-01-2012
I don't know

Mila + Dior is an interesting combination, though I do agree with the users feeling it's a bit premature. But I don't mind it much because I don't mind Mila. She has worked for a long time, is obviously likeable and photographs extremely well with a very distinct face. And she has crossover appeal to both men and women.

She isn't very well known style wise which I think is a plus since there is no feeling of mis match with the brand, she's kind of like a tabula rasa. I just wish they didn't have to have her replace Marion

05-01-2012
V.I.P.

Here it is! From celebritygossip.net

Quote:
Mila Kunis Signs On as the New Face of Dior

Tapping one of Hollywood's most popular young actresses of 2011, Christian Dior has signed Mila Kunis as the new face of their brand.
The "Black Swan" beauty has already posed for a Mikael Jansson shot ad campaign for the French company which will appear in its spring fashion campaign.

With international campaigns to launch January 15th followed by U.S. debuts on January 29th in The New York Times, Dior deputy general manager Delphine Arnault told WWD, “Mila Kunis is a very talented young actress; she embodies the true modern woman. Her performance in ‘Black Swan’ was remarkable. She is very gifted. We are looking forward to a long relationship with her.”

Of the new high-profile gig, Miss Kunis said, “I’m honestly just learning about fashion. In my daily life, I don’t wear the most feminine pieces. But I love to feel feminine when I’m on the red carpet. I find that Dior is an incredibly grounded house. I always thought what Dior does is so sophisticated, feminine and beautiful.”
Also commenting on her first Dior modeling experience, the 28-year-old dished, “They made me feel incredibly comfortable. I can’t say it was the hardest thing to do."

I love it.

05-01-2012
tfs star

One more, from Vogue UK's Facebook page

The first one is by fair my favourite. So pretty!

Last edited by glitterpeacock; 05-01-2012 at 08:24 AM.

05-01-2012
trendsetter

I already miss Marion Not that the ads are bad, but it doesn't look the same (obviously ) I guess I will feel the same when Charlize and Dior part ways.
Posted via Mobile Device

05-01-2012
I don't know

Apparently she's not the face of Lady Dior but of Miss Dior? Maybe that means Marion is still in?

I love this quote
Quote:
“I’m honestly just learning about fashion. In my daily life, I don’t wear the most feminine pieces. But I love to feel feminine when I’m on the red carpet. I find that Dior is an incredibly grounded house. I always thought what Dior does is so sophisticated, feminine and beautiful.”
I love how she doesn't pretend like she's always been interested in fashion and says that she's just learning about it

05-01-2012
V.I.P.

^Yes, she´s the face of Miss Dior. I´d guess that ads with Marion for Lady Dior Hollywood edition will run simultaneously.

She looks lovely, the second shot is my favorite. LOVE her eyebrows!

05-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saann View Post
Apparently she's not the face of Lady Dior but of Miss Dior? Maybe that means Marion is still in?

I love this quote

I love how she doesn't pretend like she's always been interested in fashion and says that she's just learning about it
i love that quote as well.
she is real and not saying all that i love and lice for fashion sh*t,
when it is not true.

05-01-2012
tfs star

According to WWD, Marion is still in for Dior. I like these photos, especially how dewy her skin looks in the second photo, but I'm not super impressed. Though I'm rarely impressed by bag campaigns.

Quote:
Christian Dior Signs Mila Kunis

PARIS — Christian Dior is doing a fashion pas de deux with one of Hollywood’s hottest young talents.

“Black Swan” star Mila Kunis has been named a new face of the French house, and will appear in its spring fashion campaign, shot by Mikael Jansson and slated to break this month in international editions of Elle, Vogue and Madame Figaro, starting with China on Jan. 15, followed by Italy, Russia and France.

It is to debut in the U.S. in The New York Times on Jan. 29, followed by a range of American monthlies, including Vanity Fair and Harper’s Bazaar.

“Mila Kunis is a very talented young actress; she embodies the true modern woman. Her performance in ‘Black Swan’ was remarkable. She is very gifted,” said Delphine Arnault, deputy general manager at Dior, lauding Kunis’ youthful energy. “We are looking forward to a long relationship with her.”

Arnault declined to disclose budgets, but described a “worldwide media plan” for the campaign.

Kunis was one of the most bankable magazine cover stars in 2011, and she exudes a smoldering chic — dressed mostly in black — in the new Dior spots, which showcase the latest versions of the Miss Dior handbag.

“I’m honestly just learning about fashion,” Kunis told WWD exclusively in a telephone interview, confessing she’s more of a “jeans and T-shirt” type. But on the eve of awards season, the Ukraine-born actress is relishing the chance to don Dior’s glamorous gowns.

“In my daily life, I don’t wear the most feminine pieces. But I love to feel feminine when I’m on the red carpet,” Kunis said, adding that Dior’s dresses exalt the figure. “I find that Dior is an incredibly grounded house. I always thought what Dior does is so sophisticated, feminine and beautiful.”

Kunis won wide acclaim for her turn in the 2010 ballet-themed Darren Aronofsky film, scooping up a Premio Marcello Mastroianni award for best young actor or actress at the 67th Venice International Film Festival. Her “Black Swan” performance also won her nominations for a Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild award.

The 28-year-old recently appeared opposite Justin Timberlake in the steamy “Friends With Benefits” and she just wrapped the Disney film “Oz: The Great and Powerful” opposite James Franco. On television, she is also well known for her role on “That 70’s Show” and as the voice of Meg on “Family Guy.”

Kunis said her “Oz” role, as a “good and bad” witch named Theodora, gave her the chance to wear some intricately detailed designs. “I have three costumes and each of them is so special and so specific to each character,” she said.

Next up, she’s doing reshoots for the motion picture “Ted,” due out in July. “It’s Mark Wahlberg, myself and a talking teddy bear,” she explained.

And how was playing a fashion model for Dior? “They made me feel incredibly comfortable. I can’t say it was the hardest thing to do,” Kunis said.

Dior has a penchant for acclaimed actresses. Oscar winner Marion Cotillard has fronted ads for the Lady Dior bag since 2008, and is slated to continue her association with the French house.

Arnault noted that cinema nourished the creative development of the house founder.

“Christian Dior designed several costumes for the movies and maintained personal relationships with such actresses as Marlene Dietrich, Rita Hayworth, Ava Gardner, Sophia Loren, Marilyn Monroe, Liz Taylor and Grace Kelly,” Arnault said. “It is thus only natural for the house of Dior to continue to develop a very specific and personal relationship with actresses.”

She noted that Kunis would be invited to all Dior worldwide events throughout 2012, but that her attendance would depend on her personal schedule.

Sister company Parfums Christian Dior also boasts a number of actresses and actors as ambassadors: Natalie Portman, Charlize Theron, Mélanie Laurent, Sharon Stone, Jude Law and Alain Delon, plus — for Asia — Sophie Marceau.
wwd.com

05-01-2012
fashion elite

She looks so beautiful.

05-01-2012
tfs star

She looks beautiful I love how they did her hair too and great eyebrows!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, august, december, kunis, mila