How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-07-2012
I don't know

GORGEOUS!! It looks rather tame for an Interview cover but I don't care, she looks great.

13-07-2012
fashion icon

Very good shoot!

14-07-2012
fashion elite

Love the Elle photos. The hair is so fab!

16-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
With her new movie "Ted" having just stormed into theaters, Mila Kunis continued her promotional efforts by covering the August 2012 issue of Interview magazine.

The 28-year-old actress donned a grunge/rocker chic look in a J Brand jacket, Martel tank top and Rag & Bone jeans for the Craig McDean shot front page while engaging in a Q&A session with James Franco for her feature article.

Highlights from Miss Kunis' interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Interview!

On gender inequality for celebrities:
"I think there will always be a double standard between males and females, so I think that an actress is more likely to protect her public persona, so to speak, than an actor would be. An actor goes crazy in a hotel room, gets trashed, throws a bench, breaks a window, and he is considered a rock star. An actress does that and she's sent to rehab and is thought to have problems and issues and can't get a job."

On her tendency to hold out for the right role:
"Well, honestly, after doing a TV show for eight years and a cartoon for more than a decade, you are, financially speaking, in a very lucky position where you don't have to work for the sake of working. And I decided to take advantage of that. I don't live lavishly, so it's not like I have 20 assistants and travel privately and shop every day. I actually live a very mediocre lifestyle. [laughs] So I decided to step back and do things not just for the sake of doing them, but because I believe in them and I want to do them."

On what would drive her crazy:
"If all my eggs were in this basket and I had nothing else and I was just so enamored with it all . . . This industry can eat you alive. I think it feeds you a lot of bulls**t and then spits you right back out, and then you get caught up in it because so much of it is perception and opinion. The fact that there is no right or wrong is what I think is maddening. I can think you're a phenomenal actor, but the guy next door can think you're a horrible actor, and neither of us is wrong and neither of us is right. It's just a matter of opinion. And when your only source of happiness comes from that opinion, you go mad. So I think that you have to restrain yourself from googling your name and have other hobbies and desires and wants. I mean, you do a million things. You go to school, you write, you read, you blog."
Celebritygossip.net

16-07-2012
fashion insider

Wow. So sexy without even taking her clothes off like Olivia Wilde or Megan Fox.

16-07-2012
fashion icon

Love the shoot! Gorgeous as always.

16-07-2012
V.I.P.

She looks totally bada** and sexy in this shoot, I love her all dressed up but I think I prefer her best dressed cool and casual like this.

16-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
I love her all dressed up but I think I prefer her best dressed cool and casual like this.
I agree, and I am also pleased that they left her hair fairly basic, like she normally wears it, instead of doing some sort of strange bouffant style.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

16-07-2012
front row

^ her answers in that interview are interesting, I don't know why but I found that surprising, had assumed she was more vapid than that ha!

17-07-2012
fashion elite

Yeah she's absolutely not vapid. She's always very sharp and unaffected. She just seems like the down to earth chick that anyone would want to be friends with.

17-07-2012
V.I.P.

KUNIS: I do. I think that an actor is more likely to be forgiven in the public's eye than an actress.

FRANCO: Why?

KUNIS: I don't know. I think there will always be a double standard between males and females, so I think that an actress is more likely to protect her public persona, so to speak, than an actor would be. An actor goes crazy in a hotel room, gets trashed, throws a bench, breaks a window, and he is considered a rock star. An actress does that and she's sent to rehab and is thought to have problems and issues and can't get a job.

FRANCO: But what you're talking about is off-screen behavior. What about on-screen behavior? Do you think that men and women are treated differently in terms of what they do on screen?

KUNIS: I think that it goes both ways.

source fashioncopious.typepad.com

17-07-2012
tfs star

Just finished reading the complete interview. James is so pretentious (I'm sorry--I like and respect him, especially as a fellow English Lit./Writing major) but he is super annoying in large doses. Anyway, I completely fell in love with her. What a cool chick, man. She's got a good head on her shoulders, and it's so refreshing to hear from someone so unaffected. Her answers were thoughtful and thankfully un-"canned." My respect for her has ballooned like crazy. She and Emma Stone are my favorites right now.

17-07-2012
front row

Gorgeous and awesome! This photoshoot is definitely my favorite and the more interviews I read, the more I fall in love with her! This girl is absolutely awesome, so down to earth, so 'normal' and she doesn't let herself get into all these Hollywood stuff. She's THE BEST!

17-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
Just finished reading the complete interview. James is so pretentious (I'm sorry--I like and respect him, especially as a fellow English Lit./Writing major) but he is super annoying in large doses. Anyway, I completely fell in love with her. What a cool chick, man. She's got a good head on her shoulders, and it's so refreshing to hear from someone so unaffected. Her answers were thoughtful and thankfully un-"canned." My respect for her has ballooned like crazy. She and Emma Stone are my favorites right now.
oh i agree with everything you wrote

that cover is so pretty.
she looks perfect in it.
but i am not so into those other pictures.
reminds a little bit about shoot she did for blackbook (?!?!)
and i liked it better.

18-07-2012
V.I.P.

Magazine: Interview
Issue: August 2012
Cover Star: Mila Kunis
Stylist: Karl Templer
Photographer: Craig McDean
Bigger images

source designscene.net

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »