How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-11-2004
V.I.P.

It's so sad what she said (above), I am pretty sure she lost TONS of fans because of that.

15-11-2004
scenester

Quote:
Originally posted by Misako@Nov 15 2004, 10:14 AM
How is that stupid?* She's saying that she doesn't think either Ben or Adam are really hot appearance-wise, but once you get to know them their personalities make them hot.

The other comment is that she can't see the attraction of Peter and Tate because they play parents...
[snapback]432671[/snapback]

well i mean shes basically saying they're ugly.. but they have good personalities. sure everyone can have their own thoughts, but why say that about your costar? and to me the part of the parents, is that she said first of all she doesnt find them attractive, not because they play parents, she just doesnt. but its a good thing since they play parents, thats not her reason. nothings wrong with that but shes like "just soo many other women think theyre hot and i dont!" why even mention that? i dont know.. just my opinion.

15-11-2004
tfs star

Quote:
When I ask what kind of fan mail she receives, Barton says, “It's fascinating the stories you'll get.” For example? In a weary, singsong voice, she says, “Like, 'I was in the war and my leg got cut off and I'm in the hospital. I'll never walk again, but all I can do is lie in bed and watch your TV show.' It's just—stuff you get.” She shrugs and takes another bite of swordfish. I ask if that letter came from a soldier in Iraq, and she says, “I don't remember. But that one was big on the list of, like, heart-wrenching stories. Are you joking? The O.C.? Surely there are more important things in life than my stupid show. But, like, okay, if you feel that way. I'm like, that's”—she chuckles and rolls her eyes—“nice.”
i cant believe how ****ing rude she comes across as there!!! sorry but i dont think she is down to earth at all. and i dont think she can act. i mean yeah i think shes gorgeous and i love her style, but how does she expect people to separate her from her rich, snobby character when she says things like that? she seems like a 'take everything, give nothing back' kind of person IMO

Quote:
A couple of hours later we're at the nightclub the Troubadour, where a middle-aged blond enthusiastically chats up Barton. At the end of the evening, I ask what the woman said. “She knew an actress who had a small part in one episode. She said she was this person's next-door neighbor, and isn't she a great actress. And I said, 'Yes, yes,' to be polite. That's the thing about Hollywood,” Barton says, shifting on her three-inch heels and pulling up the right shoulder of her black minidress, which has been falling down all night. “Everybody knows someone. Or at least someone's sister's best friend's husband. Sweet, but painful.”
gawd she is so up herself- people who dont watch OC or read forums like this wouldnt have even heard of her! Poor Mischa, she has such a hard life being admired all the time, just ask her get over yourself!

ok, rant over

15-11-2004
within an embrace

Quote:
Originally posted by ernaay@Nov 15 2004, 08:54 PM
well i mean shes basically saying they're ugly.. but they have good personalities. sure everyone can have their own thoughts, but why say that about your costar? and to me the part of the parents, is that she said first of all she doesnt find them attractive, not because they play parents, she just doesnt. but its a good thing since they play parents, thats not her reason. nothings wrong with that but shes like "just soo many other women think theyre hot and i dont!" why even mention that? i dont know.. just my opinion.
[snapback]433550[/snapback]
My impression isn't that all she was saying is that she's saying they're ugly at all. In fact, she says they're not that sort of unabashedly handsome men that are so typical of actors today...and that it's their personalities that make them hot, which is more of a compliment than anything.

I don't see the basis for your perceptions at all...

15-11-2004
within an embrace

Quote:
Originally posted by ckashie@Nov 15 2004, 10:21 PM
i cant believe how ****ing rude she comes across as there!!! sorry but i dont think she is down to earth at all. and i dont think she can act. i mean yeah i think shes gorgeous and i love her style, but how does she expect people to separate her from her rich, snobby character when she says things like that? she seems like a 'take everything, give nothing back' kind of person IMO
gawd she is so up herself- people who dont watch OC or read forums like this wouldnt have even heard of her! Poor Mischa, she has such a hard life being admired all the time, just ask her get over yourself!

ok, rant over
[snapback]433638[/snapback]
She gets lambasted if she keeps a distance from fans, etc...maybe she does so so she doesn't get all caught up in the Hollywood life? Everyone knows that Hollywood is full of fake fake people. I don't know - if I were in that line of work, I'd try to keep a distance too. She doesn't ever seem like that in any other interview I've seen, so I'm reserving my final impression until I find out myself...

Not necessarily - she was a fairly popular indie child actress and is generally acknowledged to have been very good when she was in those films. lawn dogs, etc.

16-11-2004
front row

Misako, why do you feel so obliged to stand up for Mischa freaking Barton?

16-11-2004
within an embrace

Quote:
Originally posted by bohemian rhapsody@Nov 16 2004, 01:40 AM
Misako, why do you feel so obliged to stand up for Mischa freaking Barton?
[snapback]433797[/snapback]
It's not a defense but rather a plausible explanation.

Simply because I don't always get the same impression about her that others do. I've always been taught to examine many sources of evidence, and I haven't seen this kind of behaviour in any other article. It's only right to give someone fair treatment before judging them.

There are some people where it's CLEAR through numerous examples (re: Anna Nicole Smith's continuously odd behaviour), and some that are not. I'd rather give her the benefit of the doubt.

I don't necessarily like her, I just don't mind her, and until I'm shown otherwise, I'm reserving my judgment.

16-11-2004
*Addict_to_Fashion*

16-11-2004
*Addict_to_Fashion*

16-11-2004
*Addict_to_Fashion*

16-11-2004
*Addict_to_Fashion*

16-11-2004
*Addict_to_Fashion*

16-11-2004
*Addict_to_Fashion*