How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-04-2012
V.I.P.

the make-up is just a no no. too harsh.

27-04-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Great Comedy Store gig tonight. Loved the Magic Castle last night. gonna miss LA!

Quote:
Magic Castle yesterday was amazing! I would love to be a member

@mischamazing on twitter

27-04-2012
V.I.P.

i think her twitter-pics are weired... some are really nice but... those above.... hmmm

27-04-2012
front row

^Is it cause the flash sort of wipes out their faces?

27-04-2012
trendsetter

Definitely a silly flash. Adore her style, I'm quite partial to her last outfit as well.

03-05-2012
V.I.P.

Twelv Magazine have released a preview of Mischa’s cover shoot and magazine spread for their May 2012 issue.

Quote:
Tell our readers about your role in the upcoming re-make of the Japanese horror film, Apartment 1303 3D.

There was a lot of creative difference on that. I’m really proud of the way I did my character, like strong, tough. But I’ll be interested to see – to be honest, when it comes to the way they do the 3D and everything else. They fired the director very early on, Daniel Fridell, who was the whole reason that I partook in the whole thing. They fired him, and some other guy who’s never directed before directed [the film]. So it’ll be really interesting to see how it turns out. Honestly, I think it could have been amazing; it could have been really next level. We’ll see how it turns out. But, I like the character I play, Lara Slate. She’s a really, really cool girl. She’s very tough and boyish, and now that I’m older, I have a lot of that dude thing in me, where I was a lot more delicate when I was young. It’s one of the first roles I’ve gotten to play where I was straight tough female, don’t mess with me. That, I was really into. She’s pretty ghetto, that character. I based her very loosely on the girl from Fish Tank, which I think is an incredible film. I’ll be interested to see what they do with it.

Quote:
So you’re opening up a store in London this spring?

Yes, soon, end of May. It’s just for the handbags. And I’m doing makeup as well, which I’m really proud of. The makeup is really great—that’s to round out the store— because the idea behind the store was sort of ‘70s Biba-esque thing. I wanted it to be almost a vibe, a hangout. People seem to get a very specific vibe from me, just because I know what I like and what I don’t like. That’s the way my taste goes: it’s either yes or no. There’s very rarely a middle-ground with me where I’m like, oh, it’s okay. My dream for it was to be a hang-out, an idea, a feeling. Back in London in the day, you used to walk into Biba and buy anything from incense, because you loved the company and that’s what you could afford, to you know, work your way up this coat that you adored. Eventually, they even sold baked beans in a can. That’s obviously not where we’re headed but— [laughs] designer baked beans. I just wanted it to be something that was indicative of my style and taste and made kids feel good about themselves. It makes you feel good about yourself if you can be a part of the company and part of the vibe.

(See the full article on this incredible artist in the 1st issue of TWELV magazine)
And here is the cover preview – May 2012 “Love”

Quote:
Inspired by LOVE photographers with creative subjects, giving them the energy and vibrancy to produce memorable and talked-about photographs, which will then be incorporated with carefully selected, provoking interviews meant to stimulate the perceptions of our audiences. In our art pages we focus on various types of artists, including Joe Mckenna, Erwin Wurm, Nick Vaesey, Yayoi Kusama and Anna Gaskell including photographers, movie directors, and fashion stylists. They each have different concepts and ways to express their creativity and using our unique perspective, we bring out these people’s qualities.
mischa-b

03-05-2012
V.I.P.

Women for Women Gala held at the Guildhall in London - 03/05/2012

tlfan

04-05-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Everyone should support this charity Women for Women. Beautiful ppl that help women everywhere + in the congo

@mischamazing / twitter

04-05-2012
V.I.P.

i´ve mixed feelings about that dress.

04-05-2012
tfs star

^ My feelings about it are simple: it's hideous. Badly fitting, awful looking material and colour. She looks beautiful and I adore the shoes but the dress is just NOT good.

04-05-2012
fashion insider

hmm... I think with the black vest it looks okay. otherwise it looks bad from the side.

But she looks really beautiful at the gala!

04-05-2012
front row

Eeks, what an ill fitting dress. Looks good-ish only in the picture with the black coat over.

04-05-2012
front row

red lipstick does not look good on her.
she has naturally a very beautiful face and does need only minimalistic make-up

04-05-2012
backstage pass

Yeah the lipstick is bad and poorly applied. I like her bag but the rest of the look is not so great.

04-05-2012
V.I.P.

I kind like the dress, but that bag looks so cheap and it's not even appropriate for a red carpet event

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2014, barton, january, mischa, november