How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-05-2010
fashion elite

popcrunch.com
Quote:
Naomi Watts Marilyn Monroe Biopic “Blonde”

May 13th, 2010 by Castina

Tagged as: Marilyn Monroe, Movies, Naomi Watts

Naomi Watts has been cast as sceen icon Marilyn Monroe in a new biopic – do you think she can pull off the blonde bombshell?

Watts will begin shooting Blonde — based on the best-selling book by Joyce Carol Oates — in January. The book is a 700 page fictionalized account of Monroe’s life that caused quite a but of controversy when it arrived on booksellers’ shelves in 2000. There were numerous chapters detailing salacious details on her sex life and cryptically referred to the men in Monroe’s life only by nicknames – “The Ex-Athlete”, “The Playwright” and “The President” — references to three great loves of Marilyn’s life Joe DiMaggio, Arthur Miller, and John F Kennedy.

One particular telling snippet saw Marilyn offering a famed movie boss sexual favors in exchange for a leading role.

The biopic will chronicle Marilyn’s humble beginnings as Norma Jean Baker to her captivating life as a sex symbol. And the effort already has a lensman — Blonde will be directed by Andrew Dominik, whose credits include Brad Pitt’s 2008 western The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

Michelle Williams will reportedly play Marilyn in another movie going into production: My Week with Marilyn, loosely based on the seven days the star spent in London with Laurence Olivier in the 1950s.
rottentomatoes.com

Quote:
MARILYN MONROE BIOPICS COMPETING FOR YOUR BLONDE BOMBSHELL-LOVING ATTENTION

Hollywood has a long history of dueling projects, as competing producers race with each other to see who can get their project out first. This has even happened within the field of biopics, such as with Truman Capote (Capote vs Infamous), and the various continuing attempts to make movies based on the lives of Janis Joplin, Linda Lovelace and Jimi Hendrix. This week at Cannes, two different Marilyn Monroe biopics were announced, and both plan to start filming in the next several months. Naomi Watts will star in Blonde, an adaptation of the imaginary Monroe memoir by Joyce Carol Oates. Blonde will be directed by Andrew Dominik (The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford). Filming of Blonde is scheudled to start in January, 2011 on a budget of $20 million. The Weinstein Company might get the jump on Blonde, however, as they plan on filming My Week With Marilyn in late September. Michelle Williams will play Marilyn in this story about the time Monroe spent in England filming The Prince and the Showgirl opposite Laurence Olivier. Scarlett Johansson had at one time been in talks to star before Williams signed on. My Summer with Marilyn will be the first feature film for British director Simon Curtis, who has worked mostly on TV projects like David Copperfield.

15-05-2010
fashion elite

mercurynews.com

Quote:
press conference in Cannes

actress Lucy Punch, filmmaker Woody Allen, and actress Naomi Watts, react during a photo call for the film "You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger", at the 63rd international film festival, in Cannes, southern France, Saturday, May 15, 2010. ((AP Photo/Lionel Cironneau))

Last edited by jomarlushka; 15-05-2010 at 10:25 AM.

15-05-2010
fashion elite

zimbio.com

Naomi Watts at the press conference for You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger in Cannes, 15th of may

Last edited by jomarlushka; 15-05-2010 at 10:57 AM.

15-05-2010
fashion elite

zimbio.com

one more

15-05-2010
V.I.P.

^^She looks so beautiful in those pictures

15-05-2010
V.I.P.

She is too old to play Norma Jean

16-05-2010
假装不正经

Quote:
CANNES, FRANCE - MAY 15: Naomi Watts attends the 'You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger' Premiere held at the Palais des Festivals during the 63rd Annual International Cannes Film Festival on May 15, 2010 in Cannes, France. (Photo by Mike Marsland/WireImage)

getty

16-05-2010
假装不正经

Quote:
CANNES, FRANCE - MAY 15: Naomi Watts attends the Vanity Fair and Gucci Party Honoring Martin Scorsese during the 63rd Annual Cannes Film Festival at the Hotel Du Cap Eden Roc on May 15, 2010 in Cannes, France. (Photo By Daniele Venturelli/WireImage for Gucci)

getty

16-05-2010
V.I.P.

^Not a fan of that outfit. Nice dress in #52

16-05-2010
V.I.P.

love the premiere dress, it's a change considering her usual RC outfits and it's vibe, no?

16-05-2010
V.I.P.

she looks fantastic, love the red lips on her!!!
and her body is a-mazing!!!!

17-05-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
May 16th - Naomi Watts attends the after party for the film "Countdown to Zero" held at the yacht "Oasis" during the 63rd Annual Cannes Film Festival.

Quote:
Actress Naomi Watts attends "Biutiful" Premiere at the Palais des Festivals during the 63rd Annual Cannes Film Festival on May 17, 2010 in Cannes, France.

zimbio

17-05-2010
fashion elite

sexy mama!

17-05-2010
V.I.P.

OMG, I DIE for that sleek/straight hair and black gown look. Absolutely love it.

17-05-2010
rising star

she is just beautiful...great great style!!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, february, march, naomi, watts