How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-02-2011
front row

i love the Dior ad!and the song,though a bit cliche,works for me!of course Coppola could have chosen something much cooler considering her great taste in music but still...

26-02-2011
V.I.P.

Portman's style evolution:

In 2004, a fresh-faced Natalie Portman charmed the red carpet wearing a sunny yellow frock. She paired the summery dress with metallic heels and a sweet curly updo.

Later that year, Natalie showed her more mature side in purple lingerie-inspired Derek Lam. The low-cut chiffon dress was kept youthful thanks to Natalie's unfussy hairstyle and natural makeup.

Natalie Portman looked like a goddess at the 2005 Academy Awards in a low-cut silver chiffon Lanvin gown. A glimmering Fred Leighton headband added to the Grecian vibe.

After shaving her head for V for Vendetta in 2005, Natalie Portman grew her hair into a lovely Audrey Hepburn–inspired pixie. A strapless Chanel dress and dainty strappy heels complete Natalie's gamine look.

Natalie looked downright demure in a 50's inspired updo at the Yves Saint Laurent store. A white YSL shift dress and petite evening bag lent themselves perfectly to Natalie's retro vibe.

Natalie was mad about plaid at the US Open in 2008. A colorful lei necklace and casual sandals were surprising red carpet choices for Natalie, even at a sporting event.

Natalie showed a more daring side in a controversial Rodarte Spring 2008 dress. The blue panelled lace dress drew mixed reviews—some compared it to curtains, while others praised it for its avant-garde feel.

Natalie looked mature at a screening of The Other Boleyn Girl in a purple velvet Alberta Ferretti gown. The floor-length gown was a dramatic choice for Natalie, demonstrating her willingness to try new looks.

A lifelong vegetarian, Natalie unveiled her line of vegan footwear in a pair of sweet red Maryjane pumps from the line. She paired the heels with a playful leopard-print dress by Derek Lam, proving you don't have to sacrifice style in order to be animal friendly.

At the 2008 Cannes Film Festival, a sophisticated Natalie donned a purple Lanvin dress. She paired the gorgeous ruffled frock with black pumps, an oversize clutch and 20's inspired pin curls, for a truly feminine look.

Prior to transforming into a ballerina in Black Swan, Natalie dazzled in a a white Givenchy Couture gown. The intricate ballet-inspired gown was a fashion forward choice for the emerging fashionista, and she paired it perfectly with a sleek updo, strappy heels and minimal jewelry.

Natalie dared to be different on the red carpet in an unexpected sheer knit Rodarte dress. She elevated the unique look with statement making satin pumps adorned with playful pom poms.

Natalie continued to make unexpected red carpet choices at the 2008 Glamour Woman of the Year Awards. Wearing a black sequined Jolibe Fall 2008 dress and her trusty pom pom pumps, Natalie proved a little black dress could be anything but basic.

A radiant Natalie turned heads at the 2009 Academy Awards in a pink chiffon Rodarte gown. The lovely hue of the dress complemented Natalie's glowing skin, while its strapless cut flattered her petite frame.

Natalie looked like a dream at the 2009 Toronto International Film Festival in a strapless Lanvin floral print bustier dress. Dark red lips, nude pumps and dazzling drop earrings perfectly complemented Natalie's stunning look.

zimbio

26-02-2011
V.I.P.

Natalie Portman made a bold color statement at a screening of Brothers wearing a ruffled Jason Wu dress. She accessorized the purple dress with a turquoise belt, yellow clutch and purple Aldo heels, for an undeniably high impact look.

Natalie looked feminine at the New York City Ballet in a navy Vena Cava dress. The tea length print dress was a fresh choice for Natalie, who kept her look low key with natural makeup and casual hair.

Natalie showed off her thrifty side in a $40 Rodarte for Target dress. She paired the the mustard-colored crepe dress with a belted cardigan, opaque tights and Stella McCartney booties.

Natalie Portman looked fabulous at the 2010 Vanity Fair Oscar Party in a tiered pewter-colored Lanvin dress. Natalie complemented the steely hue of her dress with black Aldo heels and Tiffany's jewelry.

Natalie Portman once again turned to Lanvin for an eye-catching red carpet look at the New York City Ballet Gala. She wore the two-tone chiffon dress with a crystal-embellished belt, and her signature low-maintenance hair

Natalie Portman was a pastel princess at the AFI Life Achievement Awards in a Christian Dior Resort 2011 Lace Dress. Natalie looked like a doll in the baby pink dress, which she paired with ladylike heels and a darling bow-adorned clutch.

Natalie Portman relies upon a handful of tried and true designers to provide her with stunning red carpet looks. For the Venice premiere of Black Swan, Natalie wore Rodarte's Claret Gown. The stunning Swarovski embellished tulle gown was a jawdropping red carpet choice.

Natalie Portman was a breath of fresh air at the November AFI Fest in a strapless floral Rodarte frock. She dressed up her unexpected pastel choice with a satin Christian Dior clutch and maryjane slingbacks.

Natalie looked angelic at a November red carpet event in a chiffon Christian Dior dress embroidered with delicate flowers. Natalie gave her winter white look sparkle with tasteful Ivanka Trump jewelry. Once again, Natalie proved that when it comes to hair and makeup, less is often so much more.

Natalie took a much darker turn at the New York City red carpet premiere of Black Swan in a dramatic black Christian Dior dress. Deep red lipstick popped against her porcelain skin, while Olympia Le-Tan's book-shaped Lolita clutch added to the gothic romance of her look.

zimbio

26-02-2011
backstage pass

^wow, I love her in the white ballet inspired Givenchy gown and the red Rodarte dress!

26-02-2011
V.I.P.

OMG her style is amazing! The Lanvin, Chanel, Givenchy, Jason Wu, the 2005 Lanvin, and all the Rodarte looks are fantastic!
She looks like a goddess in that Ginvenchy Couture!

26-02-2011
V.I.P.

I love the pink Dior at the AFI awards. That whole looks is so perfect.

I think the conclusion is she wears a lot of beautiful dresses and looks good most of the time but when it comes to shoes she's hopeless.

26-02-2011
V.I.P.

I think she looks really beautiful in that white dress..very girly! Love it

26-02-2011
V.I.P.

You are rocking my word LolaSvelt with these pics, shes had so many fashion moments, some of the standoutsfor me is the white Givenchy Couture, the Lanvin dress at the oscars on '05, and every dress shes worn by Rodarte

26-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacroix View Post
I love the pink Dior at the AFI awards. That whole looks is so perfect.

I think the conclusion is she wears a lot of beautiful dresses and looks good most of the time but when it comes to shoes she's hopeless.

I agree but in her defense she only wears vegan shoes which are hard to come by

26-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Actress Natalie Portman attends the 2011 Film Independent Spirit Awards hosted by Jameson Irish Whiskey at Santa Monica Beach on February 26, 2011 in Santa Monica, California.

getty

26-02-2011
V.I.P.

^CUTE!!!! I love the whole look!

26-02-2011
V.I.P.

daylife

I absolutely love this look on her. Very '60s, which suits her.

26-02-2011
trendsetter

She looks beautiful. This pregnancy is looking really good on her.

26-02-2011
V.I.P.

Absolutely love it! Gorgeous

26-02-2011
V.I.P.

one of her best looks!

re the vegan shoes thing - couldn't she wear frabric (satin etc) or pvc non-leather shoes? The shapes/styles of the shoes she picks usually don't go with the dress.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2011, natalie, november, portman