Nia Long - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
17-08-2007
boop

Nia Long
I can't believe she didn't already have a thread!

Nia is a very talented and beautiful young actress who has appeared in many films. Including Alfie, Boiler Room and Soul Food. I think she has great style as well.

NAACP Awards Theatre Awards

Image Credit | Wireimage

boop

She seems to be really showing off her gams lately. I think it looks great! She's got beautiful legs.

I'm so jealous of her skin! Such a great glow!

Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards

Image Credit | Wireimage

V.I.P.

I'm not surprised she didn't have a thread(but that's another rant), and I'm glad she finally has one. She is definitely stunning and I loved her in Alfie.

17-08-2007
scenester

She's so pretty

18-08-2007
boop

Ooh. Apparently Nia is coming to TV this fall on the ABC show Big Shots, so we'll get to see her each and every week. I haven't heard too much about the show but the cast looks amazing and Rob Thomas of Veronica Mars fame is show runner so I have high hopes.

ABC Summer Press Tour

Image Credit | Wireimage

18-08-2007
boop

I love how they're posing so dramatically on the red carpet. They're having a real laugh it seems. I like Zoe and Gabrielle as well so its nice to see that they all know one another. I've seen a lot of pictures of Nia with them and Sanaa Lathan as well.

InStyle Golden Globes After Party w/h Gabrielle Union & Zoe Saldana

Image Credit | Brownsista.com

tfs star

Nia Interview with Clutch Magazine
nia1.jpg

Quote:
Monday Oct 1, 2007 ó By Mika Pettigrew

Nia Long is not only an amazing actress, but a devoted mother and the kind of sister friend any girl would love to have. I had the privilege of chatting with Nia Long about purpose and balance in life, personal style and what sheís been up to. Hereís what she had to share with Clutch readers.

Mika: I understand Nia is one of the seven days of Kwanzaa, meaning purpose. Have you always known your purpose? And when did it become apparent to you?

I donít think thatís something we ever truly know. I think itĎs one of those things that as you grow, change, and become more of a woman you try new things, and you sort of discover your purpose. But I know acting sort of hit my heartstrings when I was like fifteen years old; I felt this tugging to learn more and get more deeply involved with my craft. What I am doing now, I am pursuing my purpose in terms of the acting part but there is so much more that I want to do, and as you mature and grow and travel and have children and have relationships, life has itís way of sort of revealing whatís next. I think the key to being happy and growing is really just to be open to that.

Mika: As a single mom with a demanding career, wearing so many hats can be overwhelming. How do you maintain balance in your life?

You know I have tremendous support. And I have a great kid who really is like my best friend, heís my son and I am of course the authority figure. We do a lot of things together and I try to look at life, no matter how stressful it gets, through his eyes, because I know heís watching everything that I do. So rather than saying Ďoh God I have to make dinneróIím tiredí. I just bring him in the kitchen and we do it together.

And I always make time for myself. Part of my Ďpeace of mindí in terms of having Nia time is to workout and I take mini vacations. I just got back from Bacara spa in Santa Barbara. It was great and I was in great company. You carve out those moments for yourself, so when I return Iím like Ďmommies back, letís do it all over again!í

I also have amazing girlfriends, we do dinners and girls nights, we make sure we get that in. I think if you have really great friends itís important to maintain those relationships whether youíre married or single, because girlfriends are going to just understand from day to day how life works. We need that sort of springboard and that place where itís safe to ask Ďwhat do you think about this?í Especially when youíre in a business where youíre under a microscope and everything you do is going to be judged. Whether itís positive or negative, someone is going to have something to say about my choices, so I plan carefully and I have a support system, but most importantly itís my faith. Faith that what will be will be in Godís time and that relieves 99.9% of my stress. And the rest of it is the knowledge that God helpís those who help themselves. So itís pretty simple yet so complicated. (she laughs softly)

Mika: You mentioned working out as something you do for yourself. What approach do you take to your fitness/wellness?

I hate the thought of working out, but I feel great afterwards. I have a love/hate for the gym, but have the most amazing trainer Harley Pasternak. He is so much fun to workout with, plays the greatest music; he makes it fun and I see the results.

Mika: Whatís on the radar in terms of your career?

Iím working on a show called Big Shots, set to air on ABC in September. It will come on right after Greyís Anatomy. Itís basically about four best friends, successful businessmen. It explores their personal and professional lives. My co-star is Michael Vartan, heís my boss and I work directly under him. There is a lot of sexual tension there, so Iím sure itís going to turn into something else. Itís a great character, sheís smart, sheís successful, wears a suit but a sexy suit. Sheís got a good sense of humor, sheís playful, sheís single, sheís exploring being in love, sheís independent and I donít think sheís at all afraid to speak her mind.

I think itís so important that we have images on television that people of color can relate to. When I think of like Vanessa Williams contribution to Ugly Betty, sheís created such a wonderful character for herself and itís fun. Itís great to know you have job security and itís great to know everyday I have a place to go. I work with amazing actors, funny people, and seasoned television actors. So for me this show was perfect, it made sense.

Mika: Do you have plans to do more films in the near future?

I just completed a film with Giancarlo Esposito, itís called Gospel Hill. I play his wife; itís a small town story. My character is a little bit of an alcoholic, sheís a little all over the place and unhappy. That was fun for me to play because itís totally different from anything that Iíve done, a lot more dramatic. So I think the key for me is to mix it up. A lot of times in Hollywood, they take chances but they also know what works. So if something is working, their attitude is Ďif it ainít broke donít fix ití so I think in the past couple of years Iíve played the mom or the girl next door or the girl that the guy wants, so Iíve been trying to make choices that will take my career in a different direction and be more fulfilled and challenged as an artist.

Mika: When is the film scheduled for release?

I donít know, because itís independent film theyíre figuring all of that out.

Mika: In addition to being such an accomplished actress, I understand youíve done some directing?

Yes, I did. I directed a couple of music videos, which I will do more of in the future. Iíd like to direct a feature.

Mika: What advice would you give young black aspiring actresses?

I would say definitely go to college, because it doesnít happen overnight and that education will give you the confidence to make smart and informed choices. For me, I didnít finish college so I am an exception to that rule, but I advise that strongly because everybody has a right to higher education and I think itís important.

Iíd also say make sure youíre doing it for the right reasons and that itís not about being famous but that you actually love what you do because itís hard work. Also, there is a lot of rejection involved so you have to never stop trying to be better.

Mika: When you reflect on all the characters youíve played, is there one youíve been able to relate to more?

You know I think theyíve all had something in them that has obviously attracted me to play the roll. The character I play in Gospel Hill, the only thing she and I have in common is that we both like nice clothes. Sheís one of those characters thatís just all over the place. Very, you know, caught up. But it was a great character to play.

Mika: Youíve worked with a plethora of gorgeous leading men, has there been a favorite?

Oh GoshÖWill Smith, Lorenz Tate, all of them. Theyíre all just so delicious. All of them, I love my job, I can not complain. I havenít had a bad experience yet with any of my guys. They always look out and thatís a beautiful thing. When everyone else says no, Martin (Lawrence) says yes and makes things happen. We have mad love for each other.

Mika: What qualities do you look for when you are choosing your mate -off screen?

Smart, good sense of humor. I would have to say financially stable, because it just doesnít work if I am doing what Iím doing and theyíre still trying to find their way. Someone with a zest and excitement for life. Someone who is incredibly secure, that goes without saying, thatís just so important. What else? (she questions herself) someone whoís thoughtful and who can appreciate the red carpet, but can also appreciate a home cooked meal and a relaxing Sunday afternoon.

Mika: Is there a special someone in your life right now?

Letís say Iím happy. I can tell you Iím happy.

Mika: You always look stunning. How would you describe your style?

Comfortable, sexy yet very simple. I donít like a lot of jewelry, I want to be able to put on what Iím putting on and be able to walk out the door and feel great in my clothes. I donít like a lot of fuss, thatís very important to me.

23-10-2007
tfs star

"Premonition" Premiere
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Source: Celebrity Wonder

23-10-2007
tfs star

Glamour Magazine Salutes The 2005 Women of the Year
Old pics but I love her hair in these.

7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg

S: Celebrity Wonder

23-10-2007
trendsetter

Oooh, I adore Nia Long! Gorgeous woman who just seems so cool. Very underrated actress as well, I wish she'd get more movie roles that would really showcase her talent and presence. And she has the most flawless skin ever, she's always glowing. [/end fangirling]

24-10-2007
fashion icon

She's beautiful and I'm so jealous of her skin. Flawless!

dlg

24-10-2007
tfs star

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

S: HiCeleb.com

24-10-2007
tfs star

11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg

S: Hiceleb.com

24-10-2007
tfs star

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg