How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-08-2012
I don't know

^I know right! Honestly, it looks like it will hit every note on the campy scale perfectly. Faux-serious and ridiculous. The accents, the outfits, the serious acting. It will probably divide its audience like crazy, all depending on how you view it.

I also love seeing Nicole so tacky looking. It's completely opposite from the way she looks normally.

lvstratus - As much as I love Nicole, I doubt this is getting any awards traction. At least judging by how it was received at Cannes.

The Alaia looks fantastic on her.

Last edited by saann; 01-08-2012 at 02:31 PM.

01-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saann View Post
^I know right! Honestly, it looks like it will hit every note on the campy scale perfectly. Faux-serious and ridiculous. The accents, the outfits, the serious acting. It will probably divide its audience like crazy, all depending on how you view it.

I also love seeing Nicole so tacky looking. It's completely opposite from the way she looks normally.

lvstratus - As much as I love Nicole, I doubt this is getting any awards fraction. At least judging by how it was received at Cannes.
Saann, what do you mean? The movie get a 10 min standing ovation in Cannes! I think it was the second movie with the longest ovation! It get mixed reviews but Nicole was praised in every of them, that's why I think the trailer is all about her.

01-08-2012
fashion insider

To be honest I don't even know what it is about even with the trailer but I hope all the scenes are like this.

youtube.com/user/ZEfronFR

01-08-2012
I don't know

lvstratus - Standing ovations are pretty standard at Cannes. And the reactions from there are more of a "pleasant train wreck"/ "So bad it's good" type of films. And to get a nomination (especially as a supporting actress) the overall film usually has to be REALLY well received. Unless the performance is out of this world and the PR for it is pretty heavy.

No way she'll sneak in (the way it's looking right now), but this film will definitely take place on the more interesting side of her resume. I'm all for it!

01-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saann View Post
lvstratus - Standing ovations are pretty standard at Cannes. And the reactions from there are more of a "pleasant train wreck"/ "So bad it's good" type of films. And to get a nomination (especially as a supporting actress) the overall film usually has to be REALLY well received. Unless the performance is out of this world and the PR for it is pretty heavy.

No way she'll sneak in (the way it's looking right now), but this film will definitely take place on the more interesting side of her resume. I'm all for it!

^yeah, I know what you mean!
And after being snubbed for To Die For, Dogville and Margot at the Weeding, I expect everything!

01-08-2012
V.I.P.

Im definitely excited foir this movie and of course all the premeires, she looked gorgeous in London, love the blue dress and the lace up shoes were fab

02-08-2012
Mr. Magic

sexylthings.tumblr.com

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

02-08-2012
fashion insider

Nicole's going to be in Von Trier's The Nymphomaniac. She's making some wonderfully interesting choices again.
Quote:
According to AlloCine, in an interview with Nicole Kidman in the July/August issue of movie magazine Positif (print only), the actress reveals she would be working for a "few days" on "The Nymphomaniac." If that's the case, it would appear that her experience on the director's excellent "Dogville" was a good one (though she didn't return for the follow-up "Manderlay," instead replaced by Bryce Dallas Howard, while the third movie in the proposed trilogy, "Washington," never got made). That's all the info for now, and no word on what her role might be in the new movie.
Indiewire

02-08-2012
V.I.P.

At the Olympics opening ceremony last week:

monstersandcritics

02-08-2012
V.I.P.

^ she looks beautiful as always! i didnt know she was there!

14-08-2012
V.I.P.

celebrity gossip
[img]http://i38.************/u/f38/11/78/63/65/th/nicole19.jpg[/img]

London Olympics - July 27, 2012

22-08-2012
V.I.P.

V Magazine #79 Fall 2012 by Mario Testino

facebook V Magazine

22-08-2012
V.I.P.

Wow, showing her booty on a cover! :p

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

22-08-2012
V.I.P.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, february, kidman, nicole, october