How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-09-2010
scenester

Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi
I have been wanting to start a thread for Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi for awhile now, but have been hesitant. I know that she is mostly known style-wise for being less than classy and quite tacky and I have been afraid of the reaction. I realize that I might get quite a bit of flaming for starting the thread, but please bear with my reasoning:

Keeping an eye on what she wears has definitely been a fascination with me recently because of nearly identical similarities her body type has to my own. I am of the same short stature (4’10), with a very similar compact and curvy body; same broad upper body and ample chest. I also have the same dark hair/olive skin coloring. While her taste is certainly different from my own to say the least, but I always have a curiosity about what she wears as far as her body type. It is certainly a challenge with fashion when you are as short and curvy as we are! She is the first celeb/personality what has come along that resembles anything near what my own body looks like and with my love of fashion, naturally I am inquisitive to take notice of what she wears.

I have noticed of late that she has taken a few baby steps towards refining her style and getting a touch more sophisticated. She has gotten away from the hair “bump” (just horrible!) and taken up a more sleek, banged style which I like and also seems to be toning down the bronzer a bit. It will be interesting to see now with her fame and perhaps access to more designer clothes if she can really step it up and create a chic, polished and take-notice style for herself, especially since she is so young and really has the opportunity to be more edgy. Of course it may not happen and she has a long way to go, but it will fun to see where she takes it. I would love to see if she can do it and make a fashion statement by completely remaking her style image; considering that this body type is the complete 360 degree opposite of what is considered the body type “ideal” of tall and lanky. I certainly think the potential is there. I am rooting for her!

I am also very hopeful that this thread can also be a place for some constructive criticism and informative commentary on “dos” and “don’ts” for dressing for this petite body type. There is so much fashion knowledge and passion on this board so I am really looking forward to reading everyone’s input!
-Christina

To get thing started, some recent pics from yesterday (9/21) in New York City arriving for the Late Night with David Letterman show:

Photo credit: Life.com

Photo credit: GettyImages.com

My two favorite photos of her, from the May 2010 issue of Harper’s Bazaar magazine. This is what she should be aiming for. What a remarkable transformation. Love!!

In a Chado Ralph Rucci dress, Michael Kors belt and Calvin Klein sandles

In a Pamela Dennis dress. So lovely and elegant!

22-09-2010
fashion icon

I thinks she's really hilarious and her style is at least entertaining if nothing else

Leave tonight or live and die this way
22-09-2010
front row

I do think a thread would be very interesting, whether we personally like her (or her style) or not. Her body type is pretty much under-represented, fashion wise, too.

22-09-2010
V.I.P.

obviously she s not the only one with that body type, and her style is ...hers. you gotta hand it to her she takes major risks and she s hilarious

22-09-2010
V.I.P.

omg she's REALLY short.
sorry, i hate her look...

22-09-2010
V.I.P.

I've searched for her thread for a whileeee! So...thank you!

I've never seen her on TV, I only know she's from "Jersey Shore". I think it's almost the same as "Secret Story" in France, or something like that. I only know her because she's "everywhere" on the web. So I don't know how she really is, acts etc.

I was "shocked" to see how she appeared to go at the courthouse on sept 8 :

celebrity-gossip

front row

She can't be serious, But I like her though.

22-09-2010
V.I.P.

Valentine: those pictures are not from the courthouse day they re from a month ago or so when she was leaving the jersey house but ya still shocking.

also, it s not like Secret Story, in secret story they can t leave and they have secrets that others can t figure out in order to win money,
Jersey shore is not a game, they re following these italian americans who are on vacation in jersey or miami and they party and work and get themselves in trouble

22-09-2010
V.I.P.

does she have a thread??
does she even have a style?

22-09-2010
V.I.P.

I was horrified just to read the title of this but I really liked your post, Serenity Soul, it's always nice hearing someone elaborate a bit more on star style and just reading about their interest on certain people, as much as I find this girl just totally grotesque, it is true that there are very few celebrities with this type of figure and it must be quite difficult to find garments for someone so petite and curvy and make it look 'conventionally' stylish.. it doesn't help here that the girl clearly doesn't try but anyway, if it took Nicole Richie only a couple of years to go from this to this, I think there's still hope for this girl (and that's what a stylist is there for anyway :p).

Good luck with the thread!.

Last edited by MulletProof; 22-09-2010 at 05:23 PM.
22-09-2010
V.I.P.

I met snooki once, and she's one ugly *** broad! Her personality matches her style.

Last edited by daniellat; 22-09-2010 at 08:05 PM. Reason: please respect each others opinions
23-09-2010
scenester

I am huge admirier of Nicole Richie's style and had forgotten about her evolution. She did make a quite a transformation from being a star on a cheesy reality show to a fashion icon. Unbelievable, wasn’t it? All Nicole P. needs now is her own Rachael Zoe!

I’m not saying that I love her style. It’s quite atrocious for the most part and nothing I would want to emulate. But in the same breathe, I don’t think she is an ugly girl or hopeless either. Just fashion challenged, besides being vertically challenged of course! She does have a lot of energy and does seems to have some interest in fashion and image whether for better or worse, so anything is possible. Right now she is just new to fame and young and careless. There is definitely room for growth and maturity. But whether her style is awful or not wasn’t really my point of starting the thread. It is just interesting to see and follow someone with that body type in the spotlight.

Yes MulletProof, it is hard to find clothes for our body type! Designers just don’t create for our proportions so we are pretty much on her own to improvise and yes, make a lot of mistakes! I do love the Pamela Dennis dress she wore in the Bazaar editorial! That definitely was a winner. I just attended a black-tie wedding a couple of weeks ago and went out of my mind looking for a formal dress to wear. Everything that fit either looked matronly or trashy. Nothing was working for me and I wasn’t exactly happy with what I eventually wore. That dress just worked perfectly for her figure. I wish I could have seen what it looked like from the front. I would have loved to have had that dress to wear!

Last edited by Serenity Soul; 23-09-2010 at 08:04 AM.
23-09-2010
front row

Yes, ugly is a strong word.
'Misguided' sounds more apt

23-09-2010
backstage pass

Ewwww.

23-09-2010
front row

The way her *** cheeks are sticking out. LOL

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags