How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
16-05-2010
  106
V.I.P.
 
nothingless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Béal Feirste
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post
how can she afford Jessica Paster. Stylist who are well known like Jessica are expensive. Not Rachel Zoe rate but you would have to have a lot of money to use a top stylist and Nikki's not exactly making movies back to back and has no endorsement deals (well that I know of).
Summit is very invested in making sure all actors look the best they possibly can for all promotional events they attend for Twilight.

__________________
 
 
16-05-2010
  107
V.I.P.
 
nothingless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Béal Feirste
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,894
Here's the HQs of the smaller images posted previously.

HQs - Vans Custom Culture High School Art Program and Design Show, May 15 2010

wireimage

__________________
 
16-05-2010
  108
V.I.P.
 
nothingless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Béal Feirste
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,894

wireimage

__________________
 
16-05-2010
  109
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,891
Nice outfit, very casual and comfortable.

 
16-05-2010
  110
tfs star
 
franchini's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,598
^^ Nice casual outfit. Also, it's great to see her hanging out with Tony Alva after Lords of Dogtown.

 
16-05-2010
  111
V.I.P.
 
dajrekshn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in tardis.
Gender: femme
Posts: 7,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
Summit is very invested in making sure all actors look the best they possibly can for all promotional events they attend for Twilight.
this might apply for promo tour for the movies (for example Rob and Kristen were styled by Tara during the NM Europe tour, meaning Summit obviously took that reponsability and payed it off cus Tara's usually just Kristen's stylist), but i'm pretty certain they're not paying their stylists in between for events/awards which are in no way connected to Twilight promo (just look at Rob having to pay his bodyguard from his pocket when he's not working/or working on a movie produced by other companies than Summit).

__________________
u mad?
 
16-05-2010
  112
tfs star
 
Caroliiine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post
Sorry but she looks terrible. She usually looks great. Stick to Burberry Nikki.

Also don't this as rude but how can she afford Jessica Paster. Stylist who are well known like Jessica are expensive. Not Rachel Zoe rate but you would have to have a lot of money to use a top stylist and Nikki's not exactly making movies back to back and has no endorsement deals (well that I know of).
Stylists aren't that expensive, relative to the amount of money actors make.

This is a quote from the Vogue article about celebrity stylists:

Quote:
"My rate?" asks Swennen. "It ranges: anything from $250 a day to $2000 a day, depending on whether the movie is an indie... It also depends whether you've got the star or the fourth actress on the movie. $5,000? Now? That's very rare."
Nikki rarely goes to events, so a one-time fee of maybe $1000 (since this isn't a big event) wouldn't break her bank. Especially since she gets paid to go to events and has been working since she was 13.

 
16-05-2010
  113
V.I.P.
 
nothingless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Béal Feirste
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajrekshn View Post
this might apply for promo tour for the movies (for example Rob and Kristen were styled by Tara during the NM Europe tour, meaning Summit obviously took that reponsability and payed it off cus Tara's usually just Kristen's stylist), but i'm pretty certain they're not paying their stylists in between for events/awards which are in no way connected to Twilight promo (just look at Rob having to pay his bodyguard from his pocket when he's not working/or working on a movie produced by other companies than Summit).
You think the Young Hollywood Awards are in no way connected to Twilight promotions? Think again. You just need to look at the red carpet interviews to see Eclipse & Breaking Dawn is all they talk about. Anyway - I wasn't guessing or speculating, just in case you thought that!

__________________
 
16-05-2010
  114
front row
 
DanielaDany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Czech Republic
Gender: femme
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroliiine View Post
Nikki rarely goes to events, so a one-time fee of maybe $1000 (since this isn't a big event) wouldn't break her bank. Especially since she gets paid to go to events and has been working since she was 13.
I agree, good point. I don't think there are any problems with paying stylist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
You think the Young Hollywood Awards are in no way connected to Twilight promotions? Think again. You just need to look at the red carpet interviews to see Eclipse & Breaking Dawn is all they talk about. Anyway - I wasn't guessing or speculating, just in case you thought that!
Definitely, Young Hollywood Awards were pretty much "part of promotion". So are going to be the upcoming events.

 
16-05-2010
  115
V.I.P.
 
dajrekshn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in tardis.
Gender: femme
Posts: 7,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
You think the Young Hollywood Awards are in no way connected to Twilight promotions? Think again. You just need to look at the red carpet interviews to see Eclipse & Breaking Dawn is all they talk about. Anyway - I wasn't guessing or speculating, just in case you thought that!
YHA is just one among many of the events she attended in the last couple of months, i'd understand it if it was a one time only (or from time to time) for Paster (and i'd totally get that Summit's payed for couple of / few events), but she's def not her 24/7 stylist. As for interviews, well of course she's gonna talk about Eclipse and Breaking Dawn - they're the projects that brought her into spotlight, and the rest of her projects are pretty DL, indie type which, unfortunately, aren't a known thing for the ppl who interview her.

And i don't get your comment about guessing or speculating? the article stated Paster did her styling for the YHA, it's not a matter of question for anyone here, the real question is who styles her for other events.

__________________
u mad?
 
16-05-2010
  116
V.I.P.
 
nothingless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Béal Feirste
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajrekshn View Post
YHA is just one among many of the events she attended in the last couple of months, i'd understand it if it was a one time only (or from time to time) for Paster (and i'd totally get that Summit's payed for couple of / few events), but she's def not her 24/7 stylist
Oh - I never said or implied Paster was her full-time stylist - no one in this thread did, as far as I know. I'm just saying it ain't Nikki forking out for expensive stylists for these Summit-requested events. But trust me, YHA is a Twilight promo event, as is nearly everything else she's attended in the past few weeks and will attend in the coming weeks.

Quote:
. As for interviews, well of course she's gonna talk about Eclipse and Breaking Dawn - they're the projects that brought her into spotlight, and the rest of her projects are pretty DL, indie type which, unfortunately, aren't a known thing for the ppl who interview her.
She was at YHA to promote Twilight, nothing else. Her other movies that are due out within the next few months weren't even mentioned or hinted at by Nikki, because she was there for Twilight and Twilight alone.

Quote:
And i don't get your comment about guessing or speculating? the article stated Paster did her styling for the YHA, it's not a matter of question for anyone here, the real question is who styles her for other events.
I didn't mean guess/speculate about if Paster styled her (we all know she did, like you said) - I meant I was stating a fact when I posted about Summit being that invested in Twilight promotion. I wasn't guessing at who was footing the bill etc.

FYI, from past replies to this thread, I thought the question was whether Nikki could afford Paster or not - that's the question LabelBasher raised and we were discussing. The answer to your question is that Jessica Paster is definitely not Nikki's full-time stylist, no. Styling for other events depends on the type of event and who/what Nikki is promoting. Hope that clears it up!

__________________
 
16-05-2010
  117
V.I.P.
 
dajrekshn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in tardis.
Gender: femme
Posts: 7,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
Oh - I never said or implied Paster was her full-time stylist - no one in this thread did, as far as I know. I'm just saying it ain't Nikki forking out for expensive stylists for these Summit-requested events. But trust me, YHA is a Twilight promo event, as is nearly everything else she's attended in the past few weeks and will attend in the coming weeks.


She was at YHA to promote Twilight, nothing else. Her other movies that are due out within the next few months weren't even mentioned or hinted at by Nikki, because she was there for Twilight and Twilight alone.


I didn't mean guess/speculate about if Paster styled her (we all know she did, like you said) - I meant I was stating a fact when I posted about Summit being that invested in Twilight promotion. I wasn't guessing at who was footing the bill etc.

FYI, from past replies to this thread, I thought the question was whether Nikki could afford Paster or not - that's the question LabelBasher raised and we were discussing. The answer to your question is that Jessica Paster is definitely not Nikki's full-time stylist, no. Styling for other events depends on the type of event and who/what Nikki is promoting. Hope that clears it up!
sorry, i thought you really meant Paster's her 24/7 stylist, it was my question about it this whole time (and as such, the next question would be how could she afford it and why i thought Summit wouldn't pay the bills)!

i never said YHA isn't Twilight related (since it's obvious it was considering Ash and Peter were there too), i was referring to other events (since jan) and i'm pretty sure they weren't all Twi-related since through them i did learn about her projects (she even talked about her projects while doing NM promo - Sage's video in London, just an example).

doesn't even matter, you answered my question! thanks!

__________________
u mad?
 
16-05-2010
  118
fashion insider
 
enkeli05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Berlin - Los Angeles - London
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,400
She looks really great at that event.

__________________

Love is fragile. And we're not always its best caretakers. We just muddle through and do the best we can. And hope this fragile thing survives against all odds.
 
16-05-2010
  119
tfs star
 
Caroliiine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,552
I don't think Nikki has a 24/7 stylist. You can usually tell when Nikki has been styled for an event. On her own, she likes to wear all black, usually with a blazer/jacket. Like these outfits:






sprinklepoponline.com, eclipsemovie.org, ohnotheydidnt, twilighttabloid

When she's wearing those girly, pretty dresses? I think that's the work of a stylist. She wears that to events like YHA, MTV movie awards, Tribeca... the big events. But I think she styles herself a lot too. Mainly because her every day style (the black blazer) transfers to the red carpet so often, and also because sometimes she gets it wrong, which is usually what happens if you're figuring it out on your own.

 
17-05-2010
  120
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Strawberry fields
Gender: femme
Posts: 7,776
Photoshoot for Young Hollywood



nikireedcentral

 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2014, april, march, nikki, reed
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.