How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-03-2012
trendsetter

I erally love the Marie Claire shoot.
I have it!

29-03-2012
V.I.P.

Olivia Palermo 2012-03-28 - Photo Shooting in Madrid - Celebrity-Paradise.com

29-03-2012
tfs star

^Blah, you can already see the "dead in the eyes" expression. The dress is gorgeous though.

29-03-2012
tfs star

Love love the Marie Claire photoshoot, she looks gorgeous.

30-03-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
SNAPPED: IN IRELAND
Doing a bit of shopping in Ireland – I’m wearing a Reiss blazer & bag, COS pants, and L.A.M.B shoes.

oliviapalermo.com

Olivia Palermo at Kildare Village in Dublin to shoot for Vanity Fair

oliviasstyle.blogspot.com.es

Last edited by godsavethhequeen; 30-03-2012 at 11:22 AM.

30-03-2012
V.I.P.

shopping, shooting, travelling....what a life:p

31-03-2012
tfs star

I like the the all black white blazer look, don't even mind the snakeprint shoes but the sleeves of the blazer is ill-fitted.

31-03-2012
V.I.P.

Looking good in that long dress, she should keep it and make it an red carpet appearance in it.

31-03-2012
V.I.P.

Nice look in Dublin! I like the white blazer.
the red dress in Madrid is great

31-03-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Did you catch today’s Irish Times magazine? Olivia Palermo was dressed in clothes from Kildare Village by stylist Paula Hughes and shot by Andreas Pettersson (with make-up by Billy Orr) in this photoshoot – and fashion editrice extraordinaire, Deirdre McQuillan, sat down with her for a Q&A.

Describe what you’re wearing
My jacket is from Reiss in New York – it’s the perfect transition piece for spring. The shirt is Belstaff, the black skinny jeans are from Cos in Germany and the scarf is Christian Dior. I always have a great pair of ballet flats – these in maroon velvet are from French Sole – it’s a better colour than black, I think, particularly in photographs. This is what I’d wear travelling.

And the jewellery?
I picked up this gold bracelet from an antique dealer in New York, and the watch, ring and earrings are vintage pieces from my mother. I like wearing my mother’s jewellery – she has an amazing sense of style.

What’s the key piece in your wardrobe?
A good blazer is very important and I always think there is something very sexy about a tailored jacket. I have a tailor in Hamburg who makes great jackets for me. I love colour and have jackets in different colours. I also have vintage Christian Dior and a Givenchy dinner jacket with velvet lapels to which I pin art deco clips.

How do you describe your style?
It is relatively classic and, although I am fashion-forward, I like to be covered up – a little uptight and buttoned up.

What are your style influences?
I look at old movies from the ’40s for inspiration. I dress for myself and think it is important to look polished. Italian men are always impeccably dressed. It is not acceptable to walk out of the house in sweatpants.

Is there anything you wouldn’t wear?
I don’t like wearing tank tops without a cardigan unless I’m on a beach. I won’t wear Crocs, Birkenstocks (especially with socks), jumpsuits or chokers.

What is your favourite look?
An oversize man’s cashmere sweater over little ballet pumps. Fashion is so accessible to everybody now and people are more interested - I hope a more covered-up look catches on. More designers and buyers are coming back to a ladylike look.

What are your favourite shops?
I try to shop on my travels, but also balance that with seeing museums and galleries. I might be in Tokyo checking out street fashion and just to have a little something is a reminder of where I have been. I love 10 Corso Como in Milan and the Corner store in Berlin because the buyer has an incredible eye. I spend a lot of time in Berlin and Hamburg – Berlin is cool, but Hamburg is beautiful.

Are you a collector?
I collect vintage jewellery and that love came from my mother and aunt from an early age – they have an amazing archive of ’40s vintage pieces. You can find incredible pieces in antiques road shows in the US and in Miami.

What magazines do you read?
I come from a magazine background, so I look at everything and anything because different markets have different looks all over the world and their magazines have very different layouts and approaches. I am a big supporter of British fashion and British Vogue is one of my favourite magazines. People are looking for fewer investment pieces now so you don’t need so much variety any more.

Are you developing your blog?
My blog is a lifestyle blog with magazine features and can’t just be all fashion – I’d love to see it evolve into its own brand over the next five years.

See kildarevillage.com to check out a behind-the-scenes video with Olivia.

irishtimes.com

Last edited by godsavethhequeen; 31-03-2012 at 05:39 AM.

31-03-2012
fashion elite

irishtimes.com

31-03-2012
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethhequeen View Post
irishtimes.com

Does anyone know where the necklace on the right picture is from?

Last edited by kimair; 31-03-2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: do not repost images when quoting

31-03-2012
fashion elite

^ Is from Hobbs, Mira Necklace:

hobbs.co.uk

31-03-2012
fashion icon

Lol, she said in the interview she wouldn't wear jumpsuits but I remember her wearing those quite many times in the past and she actually rocked that look. But oh well, her style used to be much more youthful in the past and I'm not surprised by her answers tbh. She used to be stylish, now she's just trendy.

31-03-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesitsdagny View Post
Lol, she said in the interview she wouldn't wear jumpsuits but I remember her wearing those quite many times in the past and she actually rocked that look. But oh well, her style used to be much more youthful in the past and I'm not surprised by her answers tbh. She used to be stylish, now she's just trendy.
Yeah! When I read the answer I thought the same, and if you realize she wear a jumpsuit in that photoshoot in the last one pic...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, february, july, olivia, palermo