How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-05-2012
scenester

I really like the way she wears military jackets, what i don't like is her face expression in the pictures especially in the last one.
I wish that she attended the Met Ball tonight!!

07-05-2012
V.I.P.

^^
This is good.

07-05-2012
V.I.P.

^^^I like that outfit.

On the other hand, I'm surprised to see Olivia in that Vogue Italy editorial. She has improved a lot in photoshoots.

Last edited by wickedcrazyness; 07-05-2012 at 02:46 PM.

08-05-2012
tfs star

08-05-2012
tfs star

For me Olivia's trademark now is the military jacket that she made it a versatile garment and now we can say military jacket is an essential piece!

08-05-2012
front row

Wasnt Olivia attending the MET gala?

08-05-2012
backstage pass

^^^
I thought she was never invited.

08-05-2012
fashion icon

Poor Liv still hasn't snagged a Met Ball invite. She must be on Anna's Do Not Invite list because surely Rochas or whoever tapped her to star in their ads would have invited her as a guest? It's funny that foreign countries view her as some top-flight NY socialite when she really is on the outside looking in.

08-05-2012
V.I.P.

Poor poor Olivia. Maybe next time.

09-05-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loladonna View Post
Poor Liv still hasn't snagged a Met Ball invite. She must be on Anna's Do Not Invite list because surely Rochas or whoever tapped her to star in their ads would have invited her as a guest? It's funny that foreign countries view her as some top-flight NY socialite when she really is on the outside looking in.
As opposed to someone like Tinsley Mortimer (genuine question)? I've never thought (even though it's always written about her and commented on here) that she was one of the UES elite like all the old money girls. I've just thought she lived in NY and was quite privileged so I don't see how she's on the outside of looking in to a world that is separate to being with? And it's not like Vogue Italia is Hello magazine or something. Italia seems to be more respected when you compare the international Vogue magazines

10-05-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacroix View Post
As opposed to someone like Tinsley Mortimer (genuine question)? I've never thought (even though it's always written about her and commented on here) that she was one of the UES elite like all the old money girls. I've just thought she lived in NY and was quite privileged so I don't see how she's on the outside of looking in to a world that is separate to being with? And it's not like Vogue Italia is Hello magazine or something. Italia seems to be more respected when you compare the international Vogue magazines

Tinsley Mortimer married into her status and is learning the hard way that when the marriage ends-- so goes that status.

You may have been aware Olivia isn't a true socialite but the publications that feature her on their covers sure have been fooled. Vogue Italia may be respected but, like a lot of the other publications the article excerpt showed a lack of understanding of the elite circles of NYC, Olivia's place in that scene, not to mention a vast over-estimation of Olivia's pedigree . That VI excerpt someone posted on the last page describes Olivia as having excellent pedigree based on her dad being in real estate and her mom being an interior designer. Pedigree in the Elite NYC scene is based more on the prominence of the family name and the longevity of the wealth through generations (Old Money) moreso than the parent's occupation. Like that VI article, publication that features Olivia champions her as a socialite so it's worth noting that to the people who are really in that scene Olivia is not one of them and is indeed on the outside looking in.

I should note that I think the socialite/pedigree/old money thing is ridiculous but I'm fascinated by the vapidity of the whole scene. Olivia clearly wants in on that scene and represents herself as being a part of it so it's fair to joke about her pretenses.

10-05-2012
backstage pass

loladonna, I was going to say the same thing. Tinsley married into that echelon. Olivia is dating a no-name model.

Tinsley may be a tiresome Undine Spragg character but Olivia hasn't even reached Undine Spragg status. She just aspires to it, which is even worse.

I can't believe Olivia trotted out that old internship for Vogue Italy... come on, Olivia, other 27 year olds aren't still citing old internships as their professional background. It doesn't lend legitimacy when your claim to fashion fame is a reality television show and an Elle internship hooked up by MTV. Did she even go to college? She should've gone to FIT or Parsons or something rather than trying to make it as a "model." She basically doesn't care for legitimately won skills or accolades.

15-05-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
"Tibi designer Amy Smilovic and I at a friend’s tropical wedding over the weekend! My clutch is Anya Hindmarch and my shoes are Boutique 9. Amy’s in full Stella McCartney with Tibi shoes."

oliviapalermo.com

Quote:
"Olivia Palermo and Johannes Huebl attend a Screening Of "Virginia" hosted by The Cinema Society & Shiseido with Grey Goose at Crosby Street Hotel on May 14, 2012 in New York City."

zimbio.com

15-05-2012
tfs star

I remember her answer to the question what she wouldn't wear:
" I won’t wear Crocs, Birkenstocks (especially with socks), jumpsuits or chokers."

Though I love her last outfit combined with military jacket, that top+trouser together exactly looks like a jumpsuit. Or she meant that she wouldn't wear jumpsuit but anything that looks like jumpsuit can come????

What is next? Birkenstocks (especially with socks)????

15-05-2012
tfs star

A nice wireless triangle bra would have been more suitable to that sheer knit

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, february, july, olivia, palermo