How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-05-2005
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I wonder how the celebs chose between black and white (or a mix of the two). Some look like they chose the right color for them... others should have gone the other way.

16-05-2005
i'm almost ready..

Maria shriver’s dress is very pretty…..lovely shape

tyra is too much of a poser sometimes…it ruins her look for me

halle’s dress is not my style, but she’s a beautiful woman… those metallic patches don’t really work IMO but at least she always tries something new and different….doesn’t always play it safe

john & Kelly are such a gorgeous couple….they look wonderful….simple and chic….Kelly is very classy

diane sawyer….another classically dressed woman…she always seems to know what works for her….i enjoy her look here….dramatic but simple….reminds me of something Nicole kidman would wear

Barbara walters..love that woman…the dress is a little ‘big’ and poufy for me but I think she has such style…..she ages gracefully and I love that……she just radiates

Angela bassett’s dress is lovely

Nicole Murphy…LOVE IT…is this possibly what gisele wore to the Oscars….or very similar…??

16-05-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorefaith
Nicole Murphy…LOVE IT…is this possibly what gisele wore to the Oscars….or very similar…??
Certainly does look it. This is my favorite, too

16-05-2005
trendsetter

Best - Naomi
Worst - Maria

In my humble view Maria always tries to carry off the same look, the 'cute' look and just doesn't succeed in it, wheras Naomi is just class.

16-05-2005
fashion elite

Tyra and Alicia look terrible! Alicia NEVER gets it right!... Do we have a worst dressed thread?

i'm almost ready..

Sadly I have to agree...Alicia just doesnt have it when it comes to style...IMO of course....

18-05-2005
backstage pass

i hate to say it, but it seems andre leon talley is responsible for mariah's wardrobe for this event....:sigh:

meme

18-05-2005
backstage pass

to me diane sawyer, oprah and nicole murphy looked the best.
and poor alicia...she never gets it right it seems.

backstage pass

alicia is so beautiful and the most talented of all the current female music "stars", barring missy elliot. she's really got everything it takes to have a long career, and she's someone i could actually take my kid to go see - not at all a pop tart.

i wish i could be her stylist, i'd have her looking wonderful.

meme

18-05-2005
backstage pass

in answer to the questions about mariah and mcqueen...
CUSTOMER CAREY

MARIAH CAREY is getting a style makeover from one of the world's most powerful fashion figures, Andre Leon Talley. The formidable US Vogue editor-at-large, who so transformed the wardrobe habits of Melania Trump that she landed up on the cover of the magazine, accompanied the curvaceous songbird to a dinner hosted by Karl Lagerfeld last week wearing a one-of-a-kind dress by Alexander McQueen, no less. He also took her to Oprah Winfrey's celebration of African-American legends over the weekend, where she, along with another 23 'legends' including Halle Berry, Diana Ross and Iman, was presented with a $200,000 pair of diamond earrings courtesy of Winfrey. "I introduced them two months ago because Mariah needed guidance," Carey's friend and rep, Marvet Britto, told PAGESIX.COM. "She has an incredible sense of style — but then she went out in outfits like cutoff shorts and tank tops. It was her old team of people telling her to wear that. Mariah always said she would love Andre's guidance and wisdom, and when I called him to help her, he was thrilled and said, 'I would be honored!' Andre is there to help Mariah's broken relationships with fashion houses. No one wanted to lend clothes to her because when she wore them the clothes would be different — shorter or not worn right — and it wouldn't complete their vision of the clothing… We don't want people to say things like 'skanky'… But that is changing…" (May 18 2005, AM)

18-05-2005
backstage pass

Andre put her in that dress????

18-05-2005
backstage pass

texastess, it's sad but true.

but, for the sake of my mental health, i like to think he tried to talk her out of it, and she just *insisted*, you know.

but i wish he had hidden some beef in her cleavage and sicced one of those little dogs they all carry on her. picture this:

"oh, oh stop duchess, stop!!
oh noooo, look what duchess did to your dress!
well, never mind, i just happen to have something almost as nice as the mcqueen, honey, right over here....."

i can dream, can't i?

meme

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, ball, legends, oprah