How to Join
04-07-2007
V.I.P.

continued

04-07-2007
fashion insider

Angels in America was a great series.

V.I.P.

I saw him in Phantom & he was amazing but in Hard Candy; soooo creepy! He is gorgeous though

05-08-2007
V.I.P.

Now that the cat is out of the casting bag in regards to director Zack Snyder's Watchmen adaptation, it seems like a good time to take a comparative look at how the actors shape up -- vis a vis how they match up to the characters from the classic Alan Moore/Dave Gibbons comic book series. From Rorschach to Ozymandias to the Comedian and beyond, how spot on are Snyder's casting choices? Let's see:

Nite Owl

Actor: Patrick Wilson

Do They Match Up? Ummm, kinda sorta? The thing is, Nite Owl is generally depicted in the comic book as being a paunchy, middle-aged former superhero (who can't get it up unless he puts on his old costume, by the way). And Wilson, lately of Little Children as well as films like Hard Candy and Running with Scissors, is anything but doughy. But this raises another question regarding the Watchmen casting, which is that Snyder has chosen to cast young even though the characters are mostly seen in their middle-aged days (though some flashbacks to their youth also figure in the film). He says he'd rather "age" or "de-age" the actors as necessary, which means Wilson may yet get his beer-belly in this film. Either way, Nite Owl's alter ego Dan Dreiberg is one of the deeper characters in the story, and Wilson is absolutely suited to pull off his angst -- and his derring-do. 60-year-old actor Stephen McHattie (300), meanwhile, will be playing the first Nite Owl, Hollis Mason.

Does He Need a Costume Update? Absolutely, and Snyder has already said he's getting one, making the point that modern superhero films like Spider-Man and Batman have taken the whole notion of the comic book costume to a new level. You just can't wear tights and goggles anymore, especially with a paunch.

Back-Up Player: As good as Wilson is, we still can't help but wonder if maybe this character would be better served by an older-looking actor, like Joaquin Phoenix for example, who was actually rumored in connection with the role at one point.
ONTD

07-08-2007
fashion icon

So hot
[YOUTUBE]AaoLoJm7YHc[/YOUTUBE]

Leave tonight or live and die this way
07-08-2007
V.I.P.

^that really is a great movie

13-11-2007
V.I.P.

Trailer for his new movie Purple Violets
[YOUTUBE]tstfD2frGHc

Looks like a cute movie

07-03-2008
V.I.P.

Liberation magazine - 2006

Mens Vogue - 2006

corbis

12-03-2008
fashion icon

aww, that first men's vogue picture..

Leave tonight or live and die this way
12-03-2008
V.I.P.

i know

he has a lot of movies coming out in 2008, im excited
  1. The Undeniable Charm of Sloppy Unruh (2008) (pre-production)
  2. Barry Munday (2008) (pre-production)
  3. Watchmen (2009) (post-production) .... Dan Dreiberg / Nite Owl
  4. Lakeview Terrace (2008) (post-production) .... Chris Mattson
  5. Life in Flight (2008) (post-production)
  6. Passengers (2008/I) (completed) .... Eric
imdb.com

12-03-2008
windowshopping

So, given this is a 'star style' forum, how come there are no comments whatsoever on his style?

Well here's one:

It is distinctly average.

12-03-2008
V.I.P.

I think his style is simple but it works very well for him

He looks great with just jeans, a white collared shirt, and a jacket

12-03-2008
windowshopping

Why have you posted shots of him in movies and in photo shoots where he's obviously been styled? There's even a couple of him topless. The only ones of him wearing his normal clothes are very very boring (as is the case with 95% of male celebrities).

I think this thread detracts from observing his style entirely and has more to do with you obsessing over his looks.

12-03-2008
V.I.P.

^^OH wow you NEED to relax.

This is a wonderful site go explore use your first posts for better and more positive vibrations than banging on people for liking Patrick Wilson, he is a guy and like with every male star threads here people will comment about his looks.etc

12-03-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydigital View Post
Why have you posted shots of him in movies and in photo shoots where he's obviously been styled? There's even a couple of him topless. The only ones of him wearing his normal clothes are very very boring (as is the case with 95% of male celebrities).

I think this thread detracts from observing his style entirely and has more to do with you obsessing over his looks.
Star style is more than just his personal style. It is how he wears clothes whether a stylist picked them out or he actually picked them out himself. Stars are styled not just for photoshoots or movies. Some stars have stylists for red carpet events. Does that mean we shouldnt post pictures of those outfits just because someone else picked out the outfit for them?

In every single star style thread you will see pictures of that particular star being styled whether it be for a photoshoot or in a movie. Its just interesting to see how different styles of clothing look on one person. How a certain style can work better than others. For example in post #8 I did post pictures of him in a play. Of course he didnt style himself for the play, but I think its interesting to see pictures of him in clothes from a different era

This page was not made "because I am obsessed with his looks." Far from it. I had seen him in a couple of movies and thought that he was extremely talented. I looked up pictures of him from events and noticed that he has a casual cool style. Very simple, but like I said before it works for him.

If you find his style to be so boring, then why in the world are you on this thread?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
patrick, wilson