How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-08-2009
front row

Princess Máxima of the Netherlands
Thought of opening a thread for Princess Máxima's sartorial choices...

Here's a couple of pics to get us started with

PPE

PPE

PPE

PPE

REINA MAXIMA

REINA MAXIMA

REINA MAXIMA

seegerpress

seegerpress

Dress by Valentino

08-08-2009
front row

A couple more

Getty

ANP

merry royals

08-08-2009
V.I.P.

I love that red tiered dress, but the pink one is hideous. It hits her in the wrong place and the waistline just makes it look cheap. She does have some nice jewels, though.

09-08-2009
V.I.P.

love her style very fun but also appropriate

12-09-2009
front row

11-09-2009 Four Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander on the 4th day visit to New York to celebrate the 400 years of the city.

11-09-2009 The Royal on the way to Washington to meet the President's wife.

10-09-2009 New York Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander on the 3nd day visit to New York to celebrate the 400 years of the city.

09-09-2009 The Royal couple visited the Halve Maen at Battery Park and the New Amsterdam Paviljoen and presented 100.000 tulip bulbs.

09-09-2009 The Royal couple attended the diner at Bridgewaters restaurant and the award ceremony of the New Generation Competition.

08-09-2009 They visited the militair academy at West point and Trophy Point and the New Netherland Project in the New State Library in Albany.
Finally they put on the oranh elights of the Empire State building.

all images from PPE agency

trendsetter

A little bit of information about Maxima:

Princess Máxima was born as Máxima Zorreguieta in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on 17 May 1971. Máxima is the daughter of Jorge Horacio Zorreguieta Stefanini (born in Buenos Aires, 28 January 1928), a farmer and a politician, who would later be under-secretary of Agriculture under Jorge R. Videla's junta and afterwards President of the Centro Azucarero Argentino (since 1984) and President of the Fundación Vasco-Argentina Juan de Garay (since 1995), son of a Basque Argentine father and an Italian Argentine and a descendant of some Basque nobility , María del Carmen Cerruti Carricart (b. Pergamino, 8 September 1944), daughter of Basque-Argentine parents and who also had some Basque Noble ancestry. She has two brothers, a sister and three half-sisters by her father's first wife Marta López Gil (b. 1935), whom he married in 1956, later divorcing.

A former investment banker, she graduated with a degree in Economics from the Universidad Católica Argentina in 1995 before working for large international companies in Finance in Argentina, New York and Europe.

Máxima Zorreguieta and Prince Willem-Alexander met in April 1999 in Sevilla, Spain, during the Seville Spring Fair, also known as the "Feria de abril de Sevilla." This is an important annual event, to which many people from other countries come and dress in typical Spanish Andalusian costume. In an interview, they stated that he introduced himself only as "Alexander," so that she did not know he was a prince. She thought he was joking when he told her he was a Prince. They agreed to meet in New York, where Máxima was working for Dresdner Kleinwort Benson, two weeks later. Their relationship apparently began in New York, but the Princess did not meet the Prince's parents, Queen Beatrix and Prince Claus, for some time.

The news of the couple's relationship and eventual marriage plans caused controversy in the Netherlands. Máxima's father had been the Minister of Agriculture during the regime of former Argentine President Jorge Rafael Videla, a military dictator who ruled Argentina from 1976 to 1981 and who was responsible for many atrocities against civilians (An estimated 10,000–30,000 people disappeared during this and subsequent military regimes before democracy was restored to Argentina in 1983). However, the research that the Dutch Parliament conducted in order to decide whether Máxima Zorreguieta could become the spouse of the future King determined that her father had not been directly involved with the many deaths in question. Even so, his possible presence at the royal wedding was debated for several months.

Approval for the marriage was granted by the Dutch parliament (necessary by law for the Prince of Orange to remain heir to the throne), but Máxima's father offered not to attend the wedding. Out of solidarity with her husband, Máxima's mother also remained absent from the wedding on February 2,2002 in Amsterdam.

Máxima was granted Dutch nationality on May 17, 2001. This provoked complaints since such a grant before marriage is not customary in the Netherlands (but required by Dutch law for a royal bride). Under normal circumstances, citizenship takes several years to obtain. The Princess has dual citizenship: Argentine and Dutch.

Máxima was also made Princess of the Netherlands some days before the wedding by Her Majesty Queen Beatrix.

Contrary to popular belief, Máxima remained a Roman Catholic instead of converting to the denomination of the Prince, although they agreed that their children would be raised as Protestants.

Earlier the marriages of Princess Irene and Princess Christina to Roman Catholics, without approval from the Dutch parliament, led to their exclusion from the line of succession to the Dutch throne
The couple announced their engagement on March 30, 2001. Princess Máxima addressed the nation in fluent Dutch during the directly televised broadcast on the occasion of the engagement.

Princess Máxima and Prince Willem-Alexander were married on February 2, 2002 in a civil ceremony in the Beurs van Berlage, Amsterdam which was then followed by a religious ceremony at the Nieuwe Kerk (also in Amsterdam).

Source wikipedia.org

13-09-2009
front row

12-09-2009 Dancing Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander on the 4th day visit to New York to celebrate the 400 years of the city.
The Royal couple danced at the galadiner at the Hr.Ms. Tromp

PPE

front row

Thanks for the pictures, love the dress in the last ones!

17-09-2009
front row

15-09-2009 The Hague Prinsjesdag Princess Maxima wave at the balcony of Palace Noordeinde in The Hague.

PPE

front row

Various pics from her last visit to NY

ppe

19-09-2009
V.I.P.

I love that white dress with the silver trim too, but admittedly in the picture with the Obamas, my eye immediately goes to Michelle.

20-09-2009
V.I.P.

PPE Agency

PPE Agency

http://www.rtl.nl/components/actueel...rinsesjes2.xml
Video of the annual photoshoot at Wassenaar.

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank. The three princesses. Princess Ariane, Princess Catharina-Amalia and Princess Alexia.

ANP Beeldbank.

PPE Agency

PPE Agency

Reina Maxima

Corbes.com

rexfeutures.com

polfoto.dk

Her wedding dress was made by Valentino.
And on the pink dress; she had just given birth to a daughter a week before that picture was taken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJWD_789-OE
And tha part of the wedding that stole the hearts of the country.

Last edited by Empress Merel; 20-09-2009 at 01:43 PM.
21-09-2009
front row

not loving her style.
nooo diana

28-09-2009
front row

26-09-2009 The Hague Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima attended the developing cooperation event at the Fokker Terminal in The Hague.

PPE

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyC View Post
not loving her style.
nooo diana
That's because she's not. A lot of people don't really mind when she makes a miss. It's Maxima and she makes it up with her warm personality. (As cliché as it sounds. True, she is loved by the mass)

I liked her outfit. Not wow or anything, but okay.
The clutch; http://i34.tinypic.com/2nhkavs.jpg

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
maxima, netherlands, princess