How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-06-2010
rising star

She wears a lot of makeup when she knows she will be heavily photographed and will not get the chance to touch up. It's what I've noticed about her over the course of her engagements. If you have too light of a hand, you look sick.

10-06-2010
V.I.P.

she does look very lovely here

15-06-2010
V.I.P.

A lot of politicians wives (here in the US) try so hard to pull of the Jackie O retro look and fail miserably but Princess Mary really pulls it off well and effortlessly.

trendsetter

Did Jackie wear patterns? Personally I think the look is too styled. From the matching hat, bag, shoes and gloves (in so hot weather ) and the full makeup - far too much going on.

trendsetter

I think she looked beautiful at Crown Princess Victoria's wedding. I liked her (Mary's) dress and the tiara is beautiful.

In Bloom

Do not like the colour of the Chanel bag. Bad Mary! I should have a say in the matter, after all it's me who's paying for it

we were in love

20-06-2010
fashion insider

I think she is really elegant in post 43,specially Chanel bag,and gloves and headpiece,so chic.

20-06-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goyoaga View Post
I think she is really elegant in post 43,specially Chanel bag,and gloves and headpiece,so chic.
Yes me too. I loved the whole look. The hat, the gloves, the bag, the hairstyle ... it's all perfect (although personally I would have chosen other colour than brown for the shoes, the bag, the hat and the gloves; because I'm not too fond of it).

She is so elegant and lovely.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by frk-frost View Post
Did Jackie wear patterns? Personally I think the look is too styled. From the matching hat, bag, shoes and gloves (in so hot weather ) and the full makeup - far too much going on.

My dear I completely agree with you.

It is understood that Mary will be photographed by the Danish press every where she goes. However, to put on a full mask of make-up, like something out of a Dynasty episode, and thereby putting on a show, Veronika C, then it is clear she does not understand where her priorities are. Understand?

Other princesses of Europe do not seem too concerned looking like they just stepped out of a film or photo set, full dolled up hair and make-up done. Thereby looking like a aged clown. The issue of the day and the event they are attending is what concerns them. Not the latest fashion or who to copycat from the past.

Yesterday, Mary attended HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden's wedding, and I have to say I hated the gown she wore. She looked her best two days earlier with that beautiful white dress and simple jewels. So nice. Divine.

21-06-2010
fashion insider

from daylife
In the wedding of Princess Victoria,stunning:

21-06-2010
trendsetter

I think the idea of the dress was good but it failed in the execution. The colour works really well with the rubies and the tiara and hair looks good on her but the lace fabric is too light IMO - it washes her out and makes it look like she's got wonky boobs. I also wonder why she didn't get another bag since the one she got, doesn't really go with the dress

V.I.P.

Not her best look

22-06-2010
rising star

I think the cut of the top of the dress is the problem, not the lace. The problem with lace, I think, is it doesn't hold the orders up. They are too heavy and pull on dresses. Her worst one was a red dress. The dress is beautiful, but the orders pulled too much.

22-06-2010
trendsetter

I like the dress and the whole look except for the bag, it doesn't really match. But I noticed that with a lot - if not most - of the royal women; they had little purses or bags in the same colour as their dresses. Boring tradition going on there in my opinion.

tfs star

Prince Frederik and Princess Mary participate in the opening of Project Copenhagen Fortifications at Trekroner [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
polofoto

Last edited by MiuMiuLove; 30-06-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
denmark, mary, princess