How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-07-2005
scenester

Just thought I would add some more

Personally, I think she does an amazing job incorporating more traditional aspects of middle eastern dress into modern styles.

All credits are listed on the photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (62.0 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 5a.jpg (53.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 220299.jpg (151.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 340623.jpg (94.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 372551.jpg (159.2 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg 2854781.jpg (31.8 KB, 776 views)
File Type: jpg 51348418.jpg (48.8 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 52105501.jpg (36.6 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled-1 copy.jpg (66.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg dress.JPG (33.0 KB, 67 views)

01-08-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by poo
it's a bit confusing but I'll explain what I know & maybe it will make some sense. The former King had several wives and did not name the current king as the heir to the thrown until near the time of his death.This was done to avoid a possible assassination. The current king does have a son with Rania but he is still very young & has named his half brother as the heir as of now(the exact same thing his father did) I'm sure the line of succession will change in the future though. [/b]
cheers mate it does make way more sense now.
So the husband of Rania was named by the now dead king as the heir to the thrown? but he gave that to his half brother, who just got married last weekend? which brother was actually born first?[/QUOTE]

Queen Rania's husband, King Abdullah II, was named heir to the throne by his late father King Hussein a few days before he passed away. Abdullah is King now, obviously. He named his brother Prince Hamzah the Crown Prince when he became King in 1999 until December 2004; that title is now vacant. Abdullah is the oldest brother, which gave him the direct line to the throne. In the case of Middle Eastern royal families, the oldest child (their sons, of course) of the monarch doesn't automatically become the heir; any of the monarch's brothers or other sons can be the heir. Some of these monarchies have rulers succeed through brothers, not just father to son. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited by TripHop_Diva; 01-08-2005 at 03:31 AM.
01-08-2005
backstage pass

Is she actually an Arab?

01-08-2005
Fashion Icon googoo gagaa

yes she is org. Palestinian and grew up in Kuwait. so she is 100 % Arab . You can tell from her gorgeous eyes!!

01-08-2005
front row

in post #50 she reminds me of madonna. i like her style. it's very elegant.

02-08-2005
███████████████

b
Quote:
Originally Posted by odelia
last
Odelia thanks so much for posting this photos really really THANKS !!! i liked muchhh the ed by Mario Testino

02-08-2005
windowshopping

you're welcome testinofan I had no idea the shoot was done by Mario Testino

02-08-2005
scenester

Here are just a few more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 192392.jpg (151.6 KB, 771 views)
File Type: jpg 193319.jpg (137.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 6f.jpg (60.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 206649.jpg (121.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 221189.jpg (158.4 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 367071.jpg (207.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 380637.jpg (142.8 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg 1515086.jpg (23.0 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 53056442.jpg (36.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 3236388.jpg (51.5 KB, 17 views)

02-08-2005
Power to the 99%

I agree she's beautiful, and I think there is some substance there, but there is no doubt but what there's been surgical invention with the nose. I inherited my father's nose, and no amount of grooming, growing into my skin, or makeup artistry has changed its shape.

I read Queen Noor's autobiography, and I was quite struck by the difference between the royal lifestyle and the average Jordanian woman's lifestyle--just from reading the royal's account (never mind what the average woman would say). It is pretty obscene ...

02-08-2005
kabhi alvida

Oh God yes, she has definitely had a nose job. Trust me, a lot of rich Arabs go to Switzerland to get it done. A lot of the Saudi Royals do.

I'm just intrigued by her as Middle Eastern royalty is on the whole, pretty secretive. Even in Dubai, which is very liberal by Muslim standards, I have never, ever seen a female member of the Dubaian Royal family, and only a few of the male members, and towards the end of the Kings life, we never ever saw new pics of him only ones from years ago, so it's interesting to see candids of her.

Power to the 99%

Btw, that last pic in 61 seems like a poor choice ... looks like blood on her dress. Not a thought you would think they'd want to put into anyone's head ...

What bothers me is how Queen Noor seems to have been shunted to the side the moment her husband died ... it certainly doesn't have to be that way ... look at the Queen Mum. We saw lots of her for many, many years.

03-08-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNiQFashionista
yes she is org. Palestinian and grew up in Kuwait. so she is 100 % Arab . You can tell from her gorgeous eyes!!
Oh thanks for the info!!

I was just curious as she has very white skin. Arabs have a darker skin tone right? (BTW what is org? )

I'm very surprised that she can get away with wearing clothes like that. I know she is modestly dressed but Muslim women have to be covered..head to toe (not the face). I suppose the Jordanian royal family are not very strict....I don't think this would be allowed if she was part of the Saudi royal family.......

Does anyone know what tradiational Arabic clothes are for women?

Last edited by missy-t1; 03-08-2005 at 09:59 AM.
03-08-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy-t1
Oh thanks for the info!!

I was just curious as she has very white skin. Arabs have a darker skin tone right? (BTW what is org? )

I'm very surprised that she can get away with wearing clothes like that. I know she is modestly dressed but Muslim women have to be covered..head to toe (not the face). I suppose the Jordanian royal family are not very strict....I don't think this would be allowed if she was part of the Saudi royal family.......

Does anyone know what tradiational Arabic clothes are for women?
The skin color of Arabs varies from one person to the other. There isn't a "typical" Arab. "Org" means originally.

I'm not sure I understood your last question, can you maybe clarify?

03-08-2005
kabhi alvida

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta
What bothers me is how Queen Noor seems to have been shunted to the side the moment her husband died ... it certainly doesn't have to be that way ... look at the Queen Mum. We saw lots of her for many, many years.
Maybe just internationally-in Jordan itself, she may still be pretty prominent. And she has written a book-I was reading it today. Has a very cute pic of Rania, Abdullah, Hussein and Rania's son when he was a toddler in it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jordan, queen, rania